• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

Since it's unlikely we'll sell out the Lane at short notice and on a week-night for the Bolton game maybe have super-cheap tickets for NHS/Emergency services staff?

Maybe a % of the profits could go to the BHF or the hospital in Bethnal Green? I reckon we will hear something along those lines.

Very powerful interviews hearing from both the Bolton doctor and the cardiologist who ran from the crowd. Along with the paramedics involved they all deserve to be recognised in front of the fans on Tuesday so everyone can show appreciation for the job they did on Muamba, and what they do every day. True heroes!

Very powerful interviews hearing from both the Bolton doctor and the cardiologist who ran from the crowd. Along with the paramedics involved they all deserve to be recognised in front of the fans on Tuesday so everyone can show appreciation for the job they did on Muamba, and what they do every day. True heroes!

Totally agree would be a great gesture.

yep

If they took their place in the center circle before the replay so we can show our gratutude with an applause or whatever, that would be superb.

I reckon most of these people who work in the emergency services would probably be too humble to want to stand there in the middle of the pitch.....even more evidence of the kind of people they are

Screenshot2012-03-21at194325.png

=D>

Took my daughter to Taekwondo tonight and 20 minutes in an 18 year old lad just fell to the floor and it looked like he was fitting. It was if Saturday was replaying in front of my eyes. Luckily he suddenly just stood up and said he was fine (think he overheated and passed out). But it really shook me up, things are still a bit raw I think.
Amazing that Muamba had no heartbeat for 78 minutes and not only is he alive but seems to be making some great steps in his recovery. The doctors, other professionals and modern medicine are just marvellous.

Would be nice if the Bolton fans fill their ground on saturday against Blackburn rather than the usual pathetic turnout..

I find it more amazing they didnt tell you why he was 'dead' for 78 mins. I assume and of course my be wrong, but if they are counting it because his heart was not beating then you are not dead.

I find it more amazing they didnt tell you why he was 'dead' for 78 mins. I assume and of course my be wrong, but if they are counting it because his heart was not beating then you are not dead.

I don't think the quote should be taken quite so literally, hense the use of the words in effect and the ' marks in all the headlines.

My girlfriend is a nurse who trained in the cardiology dept in Liverpool. Apparently it's one of the best in europe. She said its pretty much a miricle if his heart truely had stopped for 78 minutes, but she thought in order to survive it must have intermittently started and stopped again at some point.

Amazed me the number of 20-30 year olds she treated during her 3 years there too, far more common than you would think.

I don't think the quote should be taken quite so literally, hense the use of the words in effect and the ' marks in all the headlines.

My girlfriend is a nurse who trained in the cardiology dept in Liverpool. Apparently it's one of the best in europe. She said its pretty much a miricle if his heart truely had stopped for 78 minutes, but she thought in order to survive it must have intermittently started and stopped again at some point.

Amazed me the number of 20-30 year olds she treated during her 3 years there too, far more common than you would think.

Regardless of what the heart does, or what they do to keep the flow of blood carrying oxygen arround the body. Your only dead when your brain is dead which in essence is starved of oxygen. There is no way on this planet you can be brain dead for 78 mins then wake up and chat away.

Someone told me that any normal person wouldn't have received CPR for that long and he only did because it was in front of the nation on TV? Not true surely? They've gotta keep going as long as possible surely???

Bad taste joke alert:

Good it didn't happen to Jan Venegoor of Hessellink! ;)

/Bad taste joke

But seriously, the way football has responded to Muamba's incident has been nothing short of excellent. Not only Bolton and us, it's really heartwarming to see the care and empathy from the entire football community. Makes me proud to be a football fan again. And that stadion tribute on the photo is amazing.

I have always wondered how the hell do they do a mosaic in the stands? How do they get the lettering so dead on? I mean also how do you test it out to make sure it spells Muamba and not funny looking

Back