• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

We are going to end up with Tim Sherwood as manager and Les Ferdinand as director of football aren’t we?

While I wouldn’t want either of those I do think that ideally the DoF /Technical Director or whatever should be someone who has a strong connection to the club. I think most European clubs follow that practice. I’m not sure how transferable the role is.

While I wouldn’t want either of those I do think that ideally the DoF /Technical Director or whatever should be someone who has a strong connection to the club. I think most European clubs follow that practice. I’m not sure how transferable the role is.
I think Lloris should be groomed for that role medium term. Maybe Verts too. They both seem the type personality wise (smart).

It works well at Ajax, Bayern and now Arsenal

Didn't mitchel hate working for levy so walked out? Although tbf he has walked from a lot of clubs since.

Did sign son and dele though.

I don’t really remember what went on. He was less publicly prominent than the likes of Paratici, Baldini and Comolli. Wasn’t his scope slightly narrower – just about player identification, rather than transfer dealings? Perhaps that wound him up, not having the authority to follow through his recommendations?

He did 3 years with us, which wasn't a bad stint.

I'm not sure what happened with Planes either. He was here for just a year (the one before Mitchell) and then went back to Spain. But his trajectory has been pretty good since though, including 3 years at Barca

I don’t really remember what went on. He was less publicly prominent than the likes of Paratici, Baldini and Comolli. Wasn’t his scope slightly narrower – just about player identification, rather than transfer dealings? Perhaps that wound him up, not having the authority to follow through his recommendations?

He did 3 years with us, which wasn't a bad stint.

I'm not sure what happened with Planes either. He was here for just a year (the one before Mitchell) and then went back to Spain. But his trajectory has been pretty good since though, including 3 years at Barca

Not sure those 3 years at barca are a recommendation, seeing at what mess they got themselves in.

Not sure those 3 years at barca are a recommendation, seeing at what mess they got themselves in.

True. It was 2018-2021 as Sporting Director. I'm not sure where that sits in heirarchy there. If that's the old Txiki Begiristain role, or a bit less powerful?

Didn't mitchel hate working for levy so walked out? Although tbf he has walked from a lot of clubs since.

Did sign son and dele though.
I believe that he wanted a small percentage of transfer profits on players he brought in. He also wanted to bring in a bigger team but wasn't allowed to do so. Not sure which of the two thigns (or perhaps a combination) saw him leave.

I believe that he wanted a small percentage of transfer profits on players he brought in. He also wanted to bring in a bigger team but wasn't allowed to do so. Not sure which of the two thigns (or perhaps a combination) saw him leave.

If we were a brighton i could get the profit bit. But we'd want to keep our best players wouldn't we? Like son. Also maybe bring in more experienced players now and again.

Think that sort of deal could be counter productive.

Mitchell wanted us to sign a load of players he’d conveniently signed for Southampton and had a pending bonus based on their next transfer.

A clean slate might be better, Paratici has done well on the signings - don't think we've had any duds and most have been successes. Gil gets a mixed reaction but he's clearly a talented player. There was an article posted here a while back talking about our scouting network and didn't sound like that had improved much and he's not been great with managers.

Someone with a club connection would be great.

He's actually had quite an extensive managerial career!
A few 60% win ratio seasons. But hasn't made it to two years at any club.

David Pleat said this week that Tramezzani was basically a bung - Sugar agreed to take him purely as a favour for the agent who got us Klinsmann.

He called him 'a good looking chap who enjoyed the temptations of London, but turned like a steam train'

Back