• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Does anyone know if paratici brought any scouts with him? Saw an interview (while he was at juve) where he said he only uses 3 scouts. People that he trusts. Just curious if he brought them with him. Not seen any mention of it.

Won't really matter for this transfer window too much but might going forward.

That's great to hear, since I presume those 3 people he trusts don't include Steve Hitchen. Good news in my book. ;)

So where does getting money for Joe Hart rank in the Levy comparison of dealing?
Not quite in the Wimmer league but still impressive.

Does Paratici not get the credit now though, we seem to be shifting players better than we have been able to over the last couple of years?

Reserving full judgement until the window slams shut though, Sanchez, Winks, Dier and Sissoko may yet attract fees beyond my personal valuation too!

Does Paratici not get the credit now though, we seem to be shifting players better than we have been able to over the last couple of years?

Reserving full judgement until the window slams shut though, Sanchez, Winks, Dier and Sissoko may yet attract fees beyond my personal valuation too!
Shifting the players he has for the money he has, in a COVID market is exceptionally good
But it is his job

I'd say he does. I remember that, under Baldini, we had higher volumes of player transfers than we did before him, and indeed, after he left. Likewise with Arnesen for the little while he was here, and Comolli too.

The natural rate of our transfers sans a DoF seems to be slow, grinding and torturous - with a DoF, they tend to happen faster and more frequently. So defo deserves a bit of credit, although the bulk of the assessment of his impact has to be done at the end of the window - lest we forget, we've still only bought one bloke, a raw kid with one season under his belt.

Shows what we've been missing has been a ruthless efficiency.

King and Mason as coaches... Feels good and convenient
Levy and Hitchen as scouts... Feels good and convenient
Dier in Defence and Mason for the Cup final in 7 days.....

Its in the culture of the club set by the tone/bevavior at the top.
Shifting the players he has for the money he has, in a COVID market is exceptionally good
But it is his job

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeah dont want to run a business and worry about the books, it so easy when it's not your money.

I actually have run my own business, a locksmith company and managed a logistics firm where part of my bonus was linked to profitability.

Personally I am not to fussed about the signing of players. I would actually be more then content to be no net spend every window.

My own route would be to sell off whatever we can early, Sanchez, Dier and Ndombele for anything you can get then reinvest for long term. Young British players are a market which is always quite good.

Plenty of players start in the championship and gone on to be world class. I think Collins at Stoke would have been an more astute buy then Rodon as he counts as home grown.

Always said if the championship was a country clubs would be sending their scouts there.

It is not about spending lots of money but spending it wisely.

I actually have run my own business, a locksmith company and managed a logistics firm where part of my bonus was linked to profitability.

Personally I am not to fussed about the signing of players. I would actually be more then content to be no net spend every window.

My own route would be to sell off whatever we can early, Sanchez, Dier and Ndombele for anything you can get then reinvest for long term. Young British players are a market which is always quite good.

Plenty of players start in the championship and gone on to be world class. I think Collins at Stoke would have been an more astute buy then Rodon as he counts as home grown.

Always said if the championship was a country clubs would be sending their scouts there.

Totally agree, but selling players who "fans" consider are absolutely useless isn't easy, neither is trying to buy players when agents and clubs want to exhaust all possible outlets. Even a club like City with limitless funds cant sign Kane, how are we supposed to be able to do better than them in the market other than the trite "shop clever" answer which most know means nothing.

You don't think clubs send scouts to the Championship?

I think all will be fine as long as he continues to address the issues in the squad. We know we are wide open at centrehalf, and while the addition of Romero might spawn a working partnership (Dier or Sanchez may thrive off Romero for instance) there continue to be concerns at Right back, and obviously up top where the long drawn out inevitable departure of our latest talisman is now playing out.

Back