• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I’ve always felt if you are working long hours you are doing something wrong!

Or you really love your work. Bielsa is meant to be 24/7. Xmas at his wifes parents he had his father in law taking notes while he watched football videos.

I’ve always felt if you are working long hours you are doing something wrong!

Totally. Got to be more to life than work. I’ll work longer hours if I have to but I don’t do it regularly, we glamorise overworking in this country. If that means I won’t progress beyond a certain level in my career because I refuse to work crazy hours then so be it.

Probably on some trade union website.

The ideal number of hours is the minimum it takes to get the job done.

I suppose it depends on doing the job properly or making the maximum profit. We have a situation at present with the NHS where people are trying to do an impossible job by working too many hours and as a result errors are happening, but as long as the boxes are being ticked and the figures look good it doesnt matter.

I suppose it depends on doing the job properly or making the maximum profit. We have a situation at present with the NHS where people are trying to do an impossible job by working too many hours and as a result errors are happening, but as long as the boxes are being ticked and the figures look good it doesnt matter.
Then those in charge need to replace the staff with those who are better at coping with those hours.

Some people can work like that, some can't.

If that's the job then find those who can. Those who can't can choose another career.

They are in droves. We keep on topping up with nurses from the third world who aren't as skilled (think nursing training in the philipines is 6 weeks compared to 3 years in the uk). Which is fine if you want to save money. Lives not so much.

They are in droves. We keep on topping up with nurses from the third world who aren't as skilled (think nursing training in the philipines is 6 weeks compared to 3 years in the uk). Which is fine if you want to save money. Lives not so much.
I'm good with that.

Back