• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

The Charity shield will be the warm-up act to the Main event next season, and what a show it will be.

...and a special mention to the poor bloke that has to disinfect all those seats before we take over.

This was our identity, once. Before my time, but I was brought up on tales of what we did in this cup. Our Cup. How we were the cup kings, the effervescent stars of the big occasion.

Now we're nobodies here. Arsenal have won it for a record number of times, half the team's in the top flight have overtaken our FA Cup tally, and the long two and half decades have turned us into pale also-rans in a cup we once were defined by.

It's bloody depressing, to be honest. A story that stretches across two and half decades, but one of utter failure. From the triumph of 1991 through to 2017.
I was in my final year at middle school when we last won the FA Cup and it remains my happiest day as a Tottenham fan, as I was slightly too young to appreciate the UEFA Cup win.

I dearly hope that Pochettino is building us back towards the glory days and our trophy cabinet will soon be getting some new additions but (after what happened the summer following our previous "record points haul") I'm not going to count any chickens...

Eh. I wouldn't. I would have before they won it. Now that they have, I would have theirs, I guess.

It was a terrible FA Cup final, fealt like the charity shield very low key - Chelsea didn't give toss till Arsenal scored.
Arsenal will love playing Thursday Sunday NOT :)

Arsenals Fa cup will fade very quickly AGAIN like last years did.
All they they will dwell on will be they are not in the CL
Just like Man U have gone on about all season. It's how all top sides now measure their standing.
The Fa cup is like the Copa del Rey and Coppa Italia a throw back to a time where football was a totally different beast. The premier league and global sports money changed that 25 or so years ago.
It's like pop music it changes and not always for the better. But change is unstoppable, doesn't bother me but I was watching the cricket....... FA Cup died in the 80's for me.

Last edited:
It was a terrible FA Cup final, fealt like the charity shield very low key - Chelsea didn't give toss till Arsenal scored.
Arsenal will love playing Thursday Sunday NOT :)

Nobody will remember the quality of football, mate. They'll remember that Arsenal won it for the 13th or 14th time or whatever. :(

Lots of "which season would you prefer" questions after this match. For me, as much as I'd love to win a cup, I've genuinely enjoyed and looked forward to every match this season. It has been truly enjoyable. Arsenal, however, had a largely miserable season; think back to their match at Palace and the pure pessimism around the club at that time.

A cup goes a long way to overcome that for their fans but in no way can it diminish what we've done.

I also think it will make fudge all difference to them keeping Sanchez.

One of them had to win it, so I'm indifferent.

The sending off for diving in this match irritates, though.

Can not believe that some think it was a poor game ( need to take off their spurs goggles), best final i have seen for years and Arse deserved to win it.

Yes Arsenal deserved to win of course!
Chelsea were half asleep at the beginning.
But great that takes two sides who give a damn not one who are trying prop up thier season.
It was comical Chelsea defending and that's being polite.
Watch the the championship playoffs on Monday (I will be) for true competitive action, it will not be pretty but it will be a proper game.

Arsenal had something to prove and Chelsea were on the beach!

Yes Arsenal deserved to win of course!
Chelsea were half asleep at the beginning.
But great that takes two sides who give a damn not one who are trying prop up thier season.
It was comical Chelsea defending and that's being polite.
Watch the the championship playoffs on Monday (I will be) for true competitive action, it will not be pretty but it will be a proper game.

Arsenal had something to prove and Chelsea were on the beach!

Disagree mate, but Stop! Hammer time.

We Mr I remember the quality of the last season 'for us' after watching 30 years of mostly dross.
And I would not swap it for anything!

You mentioned that the final was crap. No one will remember that. I'm presuming you agree, since you haven't denied it.

As for remembering our season, as a Spurs fan, of course you would. No one else will, though. And part of the point of winning is to create a legend that everyone can remember. Even people who weren't there when it happened - Villa's FA Cup goal happened more than half a decade before I was born , but it's still something I feel an intense nostalgia for.

No one outside of our present fanbase (not even our future fanbase) will really remember the time we put the pressure on and came second, except as a) a benchmark to break, and b) as part of a more general trend of rapdi improvement. I won't forget this league season for a long time, but the memories of that CC final night in 2008 will always take priority over the memories of spanking Leicester for six in the league, for example. Just the way I'm wired.

I did the right thing, and fell asleep as the game started ! But I missed the 'drama', nice to see a correct yellow and sending off for Moses, that was sooo daft, lol.

But dammit, bitter taste whoever was gonna win it. Nice to see a bit of drama in the game though, nice to see kante didn't track his man for the winning goal.

You mentioned that the final was crap. No one will remember that. I'm presuming you agree, since you haven't denied it.

As for remembering our season, as a Spurs fan, of course you would. No one else will, though. And part of the point of winning is to create a legend that everyone can remember. Even people who weren't there when it happened - Villa's FA Cup goal happened more than half a decade before I was born , but it's still something I feel an intense nostalgia for.

No one outside of our present fanbase (not even our future fanbase) will really remember the time we put the pressure on and came second, except as a) a benchmark to break, and b) as part of a more general trend of rapdi improvement. I won't forget this league season for a long time, but the memories of that CC final night in 2008 will always take priority over the memories of spanking Leicester for six in the league, for example. Just the way I'm wired.

I'll remember! And that is what truly matters, like when Gascoigne scored against Arsenal in the semi final back in 1991 .....it's my memory and I do not give a rats arse about what other teams fans think.

Back