• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

Sam is a great choice for Everton should have been in place a month ago.
Think Roy is doing a good job at the mighty eagles also!

Don't get all the negativity regarding this or that manager.

And how about Saun Dyche

Last edited:
Thought I'd repeat this in here, #relevant

"Once Everton appoint Sam Allardyce there will be 9 British managers in the Premier League, including all of the bottom 7, none in the top 6.
Major trophies between them: 0.
Average age: 53."

Young English managers aside, you think clubs would have learned by now?
Absolute disgrace these dinosaurs keep getting jobs.

Burnley are 6th with a British manager. Huddersfield are in the bottom 7 -- their manager is German.

Who finishes in the top 6 by the end of the season will be more about wages spent than the nationality of the coach. We didn't even finish outside the top 6 with an AVB/Sherwood combo. Harry Redknapp finished in the Champions League/Top 6 with us, now I liked HR but he didn't exactly have any revolutionary coaching methods.

I wonder if Guardiola would have Burnley sat in 6th place right now (though to be fair, I doubt Dyche would have City tearing up the league in the way that Guardiola has them doing so!)

Getting back to Everton, I think Allardyce is a sensible appointment at this stage. Will steady the ship until they can get a younger candidate in place (maybe Dyche?)

Thought I'd repeat this in here, #relevant

"Once Everton appoint Sam Allardyce there will be 9 British managers in the Premier League, including all of the bottom 7, none in the top 6.
Major trophies between them: 0.
Average age: 53."

Young English managers aside, you think clubs would have learned by now?
Absolute disgrace these dinosaurs keep getting jobs.
You don’t think allardyce is a good manager? Or has a good record for a club in evertons position? Everton went down the Koeman route and that’s why they’re in the mess they’re in! In fact, the reason half those British managers are in the bottom 7 is because foreign managers put the teams there in the first place!! Lol

You could do a similar list of failed foreign managers as well.

It’s got nothing to do with nationality and everything to do with whether someone is actually “any good”! But unfortunately too many people fall for the sound bites and pigeonholing of the media these days.

I think Moyes and Pardew are brick by the way. But then I’m not generalizing based on nationality, just on ability.

Last edited:
6 points and 2 league positions behind us. No more european football for them so their soul or sole focus will be on the league. Nice to siggy scoring again always liked him.

I see that the Allardyce dead cat bounce is over. They will be shopping in January.

I do not think that he is what we need but I was wondering earlier how much it would take to sign Sigurdsson from them. The squad is unbalanced and they desperately need some new signings. He's being played out of position and I suspect that they might be prepared to let him go cheap.

Didnt they pay £45m? It would take a fortune, and its not going to happen, thankfully.

I thought he showed yesterday exactly why he isnt for us...

I was impressed by Holgate though, looks like he can become an excellent player.

Didnt they pay £45m? It would take a fortune, and its not going to happen, thankfully.

I was impressed by Holgate though, looks like he can become an excellent player.

They did. I think that he'd be available for a fraction of that now, because they need to raise funds to build a balanced side. I agree that he isn't for us though.

I like the look of Holgate too. I watched the Merseyside derby last weekend with some Everton fans and they rate him very highly.

They did. I think that he'd be available for a fraction of that now, because they need to raise funds to build a balanced side. I agree that he isn't for us though.

I like the look of Holgate too. I watched the Merseyside derby last weekend with some Everton fans and they rate him very highly.
I hadn't thought much of him, but he did a good job on Kane at times and Alli too.

Back