• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

Everton talk to PSV supremo
Marcel Brands, the director of football at PSV Eindhoven, is in talks with Everton .

The 54 year-old recruitment chief has been with the Dutch league leaders since 2010.

Before that, he spent five years as director of football with AZ Alkmaar and recruited Louis van Gaal as his manager.

Van Gaal would go on to lead Alkmaar to a remarkable title triumph.

Didnt Walsh go there from Leicester to do this job in the summer?

Everton midfielders Morgan Schneiderlin and Davy Klaassen could both leave the club before the close of the transfer window.

Frenchman Schneiderlin, 28, has been linked with a £20m move to West Ham.

Dutchman Klaassen, 24, has been told to leave the club on loan

I really thought Schneiderlin would be right up Allardyces street, I wonder why its not working for him.

Yet another player that Poch made an absolute diamond and nobody else has been able to.

I would think after Everton he'll pull the retirement card like he did with Palace.

And then, of course, might return if a team in trouble offers him enough £££ to leave the Villa in Spain.

I like their manager. I think they make some mistake in the transfer market by over spending.

They should have followed our path and played and progressed a young talent like Lookman. But they have signed some good players and if they can get in a good striker then I think they will be a real threat. They certainly seem to remind me of us a few years ago where they are giving it a good and sustained go of breaking the top 4.

Though we lived within our means and I am not sure they are.

I like their manager. I think they make some mistake in the transfer market by over spending.

They should have followed our path and played and progressed a young talent like Lookman. But they have signed some good players and if they can get in a good striker then I think they will be a real threat. They certainly seem to remind me of us a few years ago where they are giving it a good and sustained go of breaking the top 4.

A threat to arsenal?

the landscape is completely different now. imo everton would be well advised to not have ambitions of breaking the top 4. it will likely be a huge waste of money.

when we did it, city werent what they are now. also, since we have been in it (the top 4), its actually a top 6 now, making it pretty much impossible for everton to break in like we did a few years back.

Some of Evertons latest transfers:
Yannick Bolasie - £28m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £45m
Michael Keane - £30m
Davy Klaassen - £23.6m
Richarlison - £50m

Excellent value, all of them.....

Some of Evertons latest transfers:
Yannick Bolasie - £28m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £45m
Michael Keane - £30m
Davy Klaassen - £23.6m
Richarlison - £50m

Excellent value, all of them.....

I am sure you could say the same for most teams ( or some will) . What it does show ( to those who scream for big money signings) is that spending huge sums of money is no guarantee of success.

Promising 21 year old, 5 goals from an attacking midfield.

Compare that to other promising 21 year olds, he is not that promising.

Time will tell won't it? Neither of us have a fudging clue really.

But I think being reunited with a manager he thrived under will likely produce a good outcome for both player and club.

Back