• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

They were so poor defensively today, just not showing up at all. Soton was toying with them. Just shambles, don't think I've ever seen a poorer Everton side.

Seen plenty poorer sides at Everton. It is just magnified given the amount spent and the perceived quality they have. Some of the teams in the early-mid Moyes years were pretty dross tbh not to mention the Everton sides nearly relegated in 1994 and 1998.

Seen plenty poorer sides at Everton. It is just magnified given the amount spent and the perceived quality they have. Some of the teams in the early-mid Moyes years were pretty dross tbh not to mention the Everton sides nearly relegated in 1994 and 1998.

I don't remember how they did back then admittedly. Just seem to remember they've always had a fight about them, yesterday they just look dead and defeated throughout. They have some decent players though, so a good manager should be able to turn them around.

They have done a spurs turned into a bigger joke then we ever managed. All that money all the hype and they have at the moment some guy who used to play for them but to me looks like he ate some guy who used to play for them. Has Unsworth got cancer and they puffed out his cheeks with drugs, what the fudge how did he get so fudging fat. If I were a player I would not listen to him I would be thinking you fat clam you let yourself go.

Kind of like what is happening to Everton, they were a club on the edges of the top 6 teams in the country, with a good owner and hard work and a few years to grow the club organically like we did they could have broken into the top 4, especially as they have a good youth team. But no a foreign owner comes in and splashes the cash and expects to get to the top.

Hope Burnley keep their form up even if unlikely and would love to see Southampton come back, both proper run clubs.

So he rules himself out of the running because he was offended when he found out he wasn't their first choice... now a few weeks later he's willing to accept!?

Because now he holds a better hand in negotiations.

The Mirror are reporting he wants £4m a year and a 2.5 year deal. I doubt he could have asked for that a month ago.

Im interested to see how that goes, to be honest. Allardyce is a good manager. Im curious to see what he can do with a club like Everton.

This has to be the biggest club opportunity in his career, surely? Historic club, quality in the squad, willing to spend - will be a first for him.

agree

I'll be surprised if he doesn't do very well there

they are certainly more of a threat now

Everton fan said:
Even if he happens to do reasonably well given limited expectation the statement alone sets us back years as a club..

There's definitely something in the water up there. They are as deluded as the other lot.

There's definitely something in the water up there. They are as deluded as the other lot.

astounding

he’s the best possible manager they could have appointed, he will fix it, guaranteed, they are lucky

similar situation to when we got Arry in

Poor David Unsworth. If only he’d come up against Wet Spam earlier.

Given where they are now, Allardyce is probably what they need. They’ll survive relegation.

Oh easily, they’ll be top half now.

Thought I'd repeat this in here, #relevant

"Once Everton appoint Sam Allardyce there will be 9 British managers in the Premier League, including all of the bottom 7, none in the top 6.
Major trophies between them: 0.
Average age: 53."

Young English managers aside, you think clubs would have learned by now?
Absolute disgrace these dinosaurs keep getting jobs.

Back