• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Oh really?? Never knew that. They would've had Batistuta back in the day so I knew they were around. Cheers for that.

Even with all the money they got for him they still ended up with massive debts just a couple of years later.

Angelo di Livio was the only one to carry on at the new club, retiring after their first season back in Serie A.

Soft spot for Fiorentina since the Batigol days.

I think Cuadrado is gonna have a field day against us tbh.

Tough draw

Pretty pleased with this draw Fiorentina are a very average side. not going to be a cake walk but we could have done much worse

Glad we got a bigger club. If we're going to win this cup, sooner or later you have to play some big boys might as well be early!

Anyone remember seeing Batistuta, Rui Costa and co at the Lane back in 1997 (Howells testimonial match)?

Wasn't that a Bill Nich testemonial?

Just checked, we played a BN testemonial against them in 2001, did we play one for Howells against them also?

Good games ahead, I think. Fiorentina are very attack-minded (although they've struggled to live up to that belief at times this season), and certainly if Valero and Cuadrado are fit (not to mention Rossi and Gomez) they'll give us a real game. The key for them is injuries: their squad is paper thin, and if there's a spate of injuries affecting any of Ilicic, Valero, Babacar, Gomez, Cuadrado and Rossi heading into the first leg at WHL, they'll be in trouble. We have the advantage of a larger squad, and if we get our pressing right between now and February, then we should have the upper hand.

Looking forward to this game. Sort of mentally cruised through the group, given how banal the games seemed in the context of our larger reorientation under Poch: now that we're in the knockouts, I'll be paying more attention going forward. :)

Bologna and Pisa are good alternative airports. And I guess around 50 LP will not be enough, when the expected allocation is around 2400

2400 is quite large for a EL away game, don't think it'd be out of the question 50 LP being enough. Although i can see a lot of Spurs making the trip

Wasn't that a Bill Nich testemonial?

Just checked, we played a BN testemonial against them in 2001, did we play one for Howells against them also?

Yeah, we lost 2-0. It was Les Ferdinand's debut as Sheringham's replacement. We were ****e other than a few glimmers from Ginola.

Happy with the draw. Always good to get what I class as an 'old school' European-name side. Just need to see if I can get a day or two off for the home leg

I think this is a decent draw. It could have been much worse. Really thought we will be drawn against Inter. Regardless of their poor form, you don't want to face big teams like Inter who have a lot of pride to play for. Afterall, we got humiliated 1-4 at Inter in 2013. Generally we have good record against Italian teams at home but have a poor record in Italy, apart from our win against AC Milan in the CL. With our shyte home form this season, we will have to get a good result at Fiorentina if we want to progress.

Back