• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Our February:

7th Tottenham - Arsenal
10th Liverpool - Tottenham
14th FA Cup 5th round
19th Tottenham - Fiorentina
21st Tottenham - West Ham (Will be moved to the 22nd most likely)
26th Fiorentina - Tottenham
28th QPR - Tottenham (Will be moved to 1 March)

Then another game on 4 March against Swansea.

[-X
1 March The League Cup Final

Talk about fixture congestion. I'd rather see us give up on the FA Cup tbh. I know the idea offends a lot of people, but if our priorities are League>EL, then we have to drop out of either the league cup this week (which I don't think we should) or the FA cup to rest some legs.

As much as people lament the EL, I feel we need European football and the league cup looks winnable at the moment.

I would give up on league before FA Cup we aren't going to get 4th

They've got some very decent players tbh.

Players we know

Micah Richards
Cuadrado (looked brilliant in the world cup, and Barca really wanted him this season)
Marin
Aquilani
Savic
Mario Gomez
Joaquin
Rossi (injured)
Marcos Alonso (on loan at Sunderland last season)
Badelj (we were linked to him I believe)
El Hamdaoui

Our February:

7th Tottenham - Arsenal
10th Liverpool - Tottenham
14th FA Cup 5th round
19th Tottenham - Fiorentina
21st Tottenham - West Ham (Will be moved to the 22nd most likely)
26th Fiorentina - Tottenham
28th QPR - Tottenham (Will be moved to 1 March) or League Cup Final on 1 March

Then another game on 4 March against Swansea.

Good grief :eek: That potential fixture run looks brutal!

I have to say this is where AVB's 'minimalistic' approach would potentially be missed; Mangers like him, Benitez, Mouronho seem to be able to spread fitness levels and energy application throughout the team to just do enough so that you look back and say 'actually we did just ok in that tough congested run'.

Oh well; let's hope MoPo and his fitness staff have a plan for that (we at least have far less injuries than normal now, so that can bode well...)

Nice to play a decent side from a decent league ..

Up for this, not the no name, no history **** clubs ...

Tough fixture congestion, highlights the need for some buys in Jan.

Fiorentina

Founded as Associazione Calcio Fiorentina e Florentia Viola in 2002

Won the Serie C2 title in 2003

Skipped Serie C1 as the Italian FA promoted them on "sporting merits" when Serie B was expanded.

Promoted to Serie A via the playoffs in 2004.

Fiorentina

Founded as Associazione Calcio Fiorentina e Florentia Viola in 2002

Won the Serie C2 title in 2003

Skipped Serie C1 as the Italian FA promoted them on "sporting merits" when Serie B was expanded.

Promoted to Serie A via the playoffs in 2004.

Fiorentina were founded before 2002 surely???? Sure I remember them around in the old James Richardson football Italia days?!!????

My fave Italian club too - it was the kits man loved the kits. I think ill go to this one - away leg too...

They originally played in red & white halved shirts, but a wash in a polluted r1ver turned the kits purple.

They've kept the same colour ever since.

Back