• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Panathinaikos, Lazio, Maribor

Probably slightly better to win the group, but there are some really tricky teams among in the unseeded pot as well. Should we win I fancy us to get Inter. Finish second and we'll get one of those Eastern European ones I think.

hmm...teams that I wish we could avoid:

Seeded - Anzhi, Atletico Madrid, Lyon and Benfica

Unseeded - Mönchengladbach (somehow I think they are quite pesky to dispose), Napoli (might put in a half-hearted attempt) and Zenit. (Inter, somehow don't mind to meet them again)

So, overall, I think it's still better to finish as group winner.

hmm...teams that I wish we could avoid:

Seeded - Anzhi, Atletico Madrid, Lyon and Benfica

Unseeded - Mönchengladbach (somehow I think they are quite pesky to dispose), Napoli (might put in a half-hearted attempt) and Zenit. (Inter, somehow don't mind to meet them again)

So, overall, I think it's still better to finish as group winner.

Have a funny feeling if we all progress to the Last 16 that Chelsea are going to draw Liverpool.

Just for info, I think Jaysea67 might know. Do they do the Last 32 and Last 16 draws together on Dec 20th?

Have a funny feeling if we all progress to the Last 16 that Chelsea are going to draw Liverpool.

Just for info, I think Jaysea67 might know. Do they do the Last 32 and Last 16 draws together on Dec 20th?

Yes.

Draw: 20 December 2012
Round of 32 14 February 2013 21 February 2013
Round of 16 7 March 2013 14 March 2013

Draw: March 2011
Quarter-finals 4 April 2013 11 April 2013
Semi-finals 25 April 2013 2 May 2013
Final 15 May 2013 at Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam

Last edited:

GroupWinnerRunner Up
AAnzhiLiverpool*
BAtletico MadridViktoria Plzen
CFenerbacheMönchengladbach
DBordeauxSaudi Sportswashing Machine
ESteaua*Stuttgart*
FDniproNapoli
GGenkBasel*
HRubin KazanInter
ILyonSparta Praha
JLazioTottenham*
KMetalist KharkivBayer Leverkusen
LHannoverLevante
CLBenficaAjax
CLChelseaBATE Borisov
CLClujDynamo Kiev
CLOlympiakosZenit

Teams in bold have secured their final position in their groups, while teams with an * are not guaranteed to go through.
Can we draw teams from our own FA if we go through? i.e. can we draw Chelsea?

Can we draw teams from our own FA if we go through? i.e. can we draw Chelsea?

Not in the round of 32. They'll also draw the round of 16 on the same day and that has no seeds or restrictions.

how do they police that though? do you just have to be a resident or do you have to be dutch?

You have to be a Dutch citizen and register to be allowed to buy anything, but the mayor of Amsterdam has said the coffee shops will remain open next year as the government are starting to back down.

sounds a bit exclusive, not surprised it's being challenged

Group A

Udinese - Liverpool
Young Boys - Anji

• Anji are through as even if they are caught by both Liverpool and Young Boys, the Russian side would finish second behind the Reds in a three-way head-to-head.
• Liverpool are second on head-to-head record ahead of Young Boys and will qualify with a win. A draw would also take them through provided Young Boys do not win. Liverpool would be out with a defeat, even if Young Boys lose, as YB would be top of a three-way head-to-head involving the Reds and Udinese.
• Young Boys will be through if they pick up more points than Liverpool. They will also qualify if both they and Liverpool lose as YB will be top of a three-way head-to-head involving the Reds and Udinese.

Group B

Viktoria Plzen - Atletico Madrid
Hapoel Tel Aviv - Academica

• Atlético are through and need a point to win the group.
• Plzeň are through and will win the group if they beat Atlético.

Group C

Fenerbache - Mönchengladbach
AEL Limassol - Marseille

• Fenerbahçe have qualified as group winners.
• Mönchengladbach are through as runners-up due to their head-to-head superiority over Marseille.

Group D

Bordeaux - Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Maritimo - Club Brugge

• Bordeaux are through and will win the group with a victory or a draw.
• Saudi Sportswashing Machine are through and will win the group if they beat Bordeaux.

Group E

FCK - Steaua Bucuresti
Stuttgart - Molde

• Steaua would be through with a win, draw or if they lose by a one-goal margin other than 1-0 (the score by which they beat FCK at home). Any other defeat and they would need Stuttgart to drop points.
• Stuttgart will be through with a victory or if FCK fail to win.
• FCK would by through if they win 1-0 or by a two-goal margin. If they triumph by a one-goal margin other than 1-0, they need Stuttgart to draw or lose. FCK are out if they draw or lose.

Group F

Napoli - PSV
Dnipro - AIK

• Dnipro are through as group winners due to their superior head-to-head record over Napoli (away goals).
• Napoli are through as runners-up.

how do they police that though? do you just have to be a resident or do you have to be dutch?

If they do the same with the sex workers i really see no reason to ever visit the city again unless of course they reopen the excellent banana bar.

Napoli's Cavani scores his 7th goal of the Group Stage to put the Italians 1-0 up at home to PSV.

Group G

Genk - Basel
Sporting - Videoton

• Genk are through and need a point to win the group.
• Basel will be through with a draw due to their superior head-to-head record over Videoton (away goals). They would win the group with a victory due to their superior head-to-head record over Genk. They can even afford to draw or lose provided Videoton do not win.
• Videoton will be through if they win and Basel lose.

Group H

Inter - Neftchi
Partizan Beograd - Rubin Kazan

• Rubin are through as group winners due to their superior head-to-head over Inter.
• Inter are through as runners-up.

Group I

Athletic Bilbao - Sparta Praha
Lyon - Hapoel Kiryat Shmona

• Lyon are through as group winners.
• Sparta are through as runners-up.

Group J

Tottenham - Panathinaikos
Maribor - Lazio

• Lazio are through and will top the group with a victory or if Tottenham fail to win. If Lazio and Tottenham finish level on points, first place will be decided on overall goal difference, overall goals scored then coefficient.
• Tottenham will be through with a draw or win.
• Panathinaikos will be through with a win.

Group K

Leverkusen - Rosenborg
Rapid Wien - Metalist Kharkiv

• Metalist are through as group winners due to their superior head-to-head over Leverkusen.
• Leverkusen are through as runners-up.

Group L

Levante - Hannover 96
Twente - Helsingborg

• Hannover are through and need a point to win the group.
• Levante are through and will win the group if they beat Hannover.

GroupWinnerRunner Up
ALiverpoolAnzhi
BViktoria PlzenAtletico Madrid
ESteauaStuttgart
FDniproNapoli
GGenkBasel*
HRubin KazanInter
ILyonSparta Praha
JLazioTottenham*
LHannoverLevante
CLBenficaAjax
CLChelseaBATE Borisov
CLClujDynamo Kiev
CLOlympiakosZenit

Would definitely rather be runners up.

Inter, Napoli, Zenit, Dynamo Kiev, Ajax, Leverkusen, Stuttgart, Atletico Madrid, Anzhi would all be tough games.

GroupWinnerRunner Up
ALiverpoolAnzhi
BViktoria PlzenAtletico Madrid
ESteauaStuttgart
FDniproNapoli
GGenkBasel
HRubin KazanInter
ILyonSparta Praha
JLazioTottenham
LHannoverLevante
CLBenficaAjax
CLChelseaBATE Borisov
CLClujDynamo Kiev
CLOlympiakosZenit

In the round of 32 you can't draw a team from the same country as yourself or the one from your group.

In the round of 16 there are no restrictions or seedings.

Not that unhappy about finishing runner up considering the teams we can now draw

Genk will of course be the dream draw

Really hope we avoid a nightmare trip to Kharkiv, Kazan or Dnipro

In desired order:

Viktoria Plzen
Genk
Hannover
Bordeaux
Steaua
Olympiakos
Cluj
Fenerbache
Benfica
Metalist
Dnipro
Rubin Kazan
Lyon

You have to be a Dutch citizen and register to be allowed to buy anything, but the mayor of Amsterdam has said the coffee shops will remain open next year as the government are starting to back down.

He also wants to build scum village made up of containers...even Armsterdam is one of the biggest ports in the world, not sure he could find that many to accomodate all the Scum fans

I will probably swap Bordeaux's place with Fenerbache and pull Metalist/Dnipro down a few places. Unless we take in the travel distance.

In desired order:

Viktoria Plzen
Genk
Hannover
Bordeaux
Steaua
Olympiakos
Cluj
Fenerbache
Benfica
Metalist
Dnipro
Rubin Kazan
Lyon

I just have a bad feeling about Lyon, the others are mostly about travel distance and crazy locals.

Back