• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Qualifying

i thought the albanian players were taking the flag down and the Serbian players steamed in trying to take it off them?

No, Serbian player was taking it down and then got attacked.

Of course, Serbia will be the one punished for this.

lFLxIiF.jpg

Bz7y-ssCMAAIt7x.jpg

Bz7z2EICcAAiTA_.jpg

What the **** is going on these days?????? San Marino only 3 down, Germany only 1 up??? Betting is becoming less and less enjoyable these days!

pfft I got Georgia at evens to win to nil against Gibraltar.
After watching Gibraltar lose 7-0 to Ireland they are easily the worse team I've even seen play football. And that includes League Of Ireland lower league.,

No, Serbian player was taking it down and then got attacked.

Of course, Serbia will be the one punished for this.

And rightly so.
An Albanian player pushed a Serbian player. No big deal really.
What is a big deal is Serbia 'fans' invading the pitch and attacking Albanian players and forcing them off the pitch under a hail of missiles.

I mean there were no Albanian fans allowed at the game.
What was UEFA doing having them in the same group in the first place.

pfft I got Georgia at evens to win to nil against Gibraltar.
After watching Gibraltar lose 7-0 to Ireland they are easily the worse team I've even seen play football. And that includes League Of Ireland lower league.,

Hardly worth it surely? 1/3?

And rightly so.
An Albanian player pushed a Serbian player. No big deal really.
What is a big deal is Serbia 'fans' invading the pitch and attacking Albanian players and forcing them off the pitch under a hail of missiles.

I mean there were no Albanian fans allowed at the game.
What was UEFA doing having them in the same group in the first place.

No big deal? He knew exactly what kind of reactions that would trigger from the fans. Serbian player was taking down the flag because the crowd was going mental, throwing flares and possibly about to come on the pitch, not because he was disrespecting the flag.

No way you can understand the reactions of the crowd if you don't know the political background of the area and how extreme it is at the moment. That was no Albanian flag, it was a nationalist flag - this is how **** started in Zagreb 1990 and we all know what followed.

So sad to see what's become of ex Yugoslavia countries but UEFA should take their part of the blame here too for pairing these 2 together.

Last edited:
I think if there's such a high possibility of violence breaking out then the nations should be banned altogether - why should Uefa have to keep countries apart, what if they meet in a knockout phase or something? We shouldn't pander to them

I think if there's such a high possibility of violence breaking out then the nations should be banned altogether - why should Uefa have to keep countries apart, what if they meet in a knockout phase or something? We shouldn't pander to them

UEFA did it for Spain and Gibraltar.

Anyway, banana countries both of them..that whole area is screwed.

No big deal? He knew exactly what kind of reactions that would trigger from the fans. Serbian player was taking down the flag because the crowd was going mental, throwing flares and possibly about to come on the pitch, not because he was disrespecting the flag.

No way you can understand the reactions of the crowd if you don't know the political background of the area and how extreme it is at the moment. That was no Albanian flag, it was a nationalist flag - this is how **** started in Zagreb 1990 and we all know what followed.

So sad to see what's become of ex Yugoslavia countries but UEFA should take their part of the blame here too for pairing these 2 together.

Grew up 10 miles from the northern ireland border in the 1980s. If people react like that to a flag it's their problem.

It wasn't up to the Serbian player to take down the flag. He was there to play football and go home.

Grew up 10 miles from the northern ireland border in the 1980s. If people react like that to a flag it's their problem.

It wasn't up to the Serbian player to take down the flag. He was there to play football and go home.

I don't agree. He saw a chance to take it down and wanted to give it to the 4th official and get on with the game. Why wouldn't he take down the flag? It stopped the game and risked the situation getting out of hand. Taking it down and continuing the game was the best thing to do. That's when he got attached by the Albanian team and fans stormed the pitch.

I'm confused. The Albanians had to flee the pitch because the Serbians hadn't bothered with crowd control, and UEFA say they forfeited the match?

Admittedly whoever flew the drone deserves some sanction, but how was that the team's fault?

Claudio Ranieri has been sacked by Greece after their loss to Faroe Islands.

dingdong Advocaat has resigned as Serbia manager after a terrible start to the qualifying campaign.

Back