• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Absolute beast, and for someone that could also play centre back I was expecting him to be more one dimensional in terms of ability with the ball. But he's good with the ball, he's athletic, composed, hard working. Fantastic signing. Why were Arsenal not in for him??

Some say it is only Palace, but watch the video above (v montpellier) and you'll see he has many qualities that can be built upon, the best thing for us is he can quite happily play it forward with accuracy along the deck to teammates finding the space between the lines. Looks to have great balance and a dembele type 5 yard surge when needed.

My prediction is he'll be a regular starter this season.

he's as good as sandro!

imagine a midfield trio of sandro-paulinho-capoue and anchored further by kaboul-verts. everyone else can focus on attack.

Was really really pleased with this appearence and the fact he seems so composed for a big man. The run on the wing was lovely too!

One thing that stood out was, he knew where he was going to pass before he got the ball - very important particularly in the middle of the park.

Looked good, very impressive first game, especially coming on as sub, took no time at all to adjust to pace of game/league/etc.

Capoue looked like he's been playing with Spurs in the Premier League for years.

I think we're going to grow very fond of this lad.

Thought its was an excellent debut and a brilliant sub by avb....

I think this guy will be amazing for us.......looks to have great response with loose balls...convincing in the tackle......and really good passes to set up attacks..

its only 35 mins but very positive.......very pleased with all our signings but I think Capoue impressed the most.

Great debut. Let's not get too carried away. Wilson's was better.

Capoue kind of reminded me of Palacios today, only he seemed more confident on the ball. But unlike Wilson I don't think Capoue has a brother who is going to be murdered by kidnappers (at least I hope not), so he will not be under as much stress as Palacios was.

Excellent debut. Won the ball several times both by tackling and intercepting and very stable passing to add to that.

Almost Carrick-esque in the positions he took, willingness to find space to receive passes and move the ball on quickly. Probably not the same range of passing as Carrick, but seemingly more athletic with a greater range of movement.

I think he will be perfect as the holding player in a 4-3-3. Perhaps a better fit to that role than any of our other players.

Over the top? Perhaps, but right now I don't care... :)

Looked at ease right away. Hadnt seen the guy play before, but based on what I saw today, we look like we have a bargain

Back