• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Possibly. Dawson is practically history under AVB, and I guess we don't know whether AVB will rate Kaboul. No decent centre back is going to want to join us unless they are going to be first team so if we do sign another it will either be a first teamer (bye Dawson!), a youngster (I don't think we'll go down this route, we'll just use Fryers) or a journeyman stop gap (in which case I'd rather keep what we have to be honest).

ive noticed you have this belief about AVB not liking Dawson at all. AVB has said many times that he made a mistake in allowing Dawson to leave last summer and throughout last season was very glad that Dawson stayed. I think he appreciates that Dawson wanted to stay and fight for his place and im sure Dawson will get many games this season too

I don't know much about players outside of the PL, but listening to experts and seeing the stats of the players we've signed so far this summer...we are seriously stacking up in young quality, aren't we! Seems to me as a massive statement of intent - both in terms of ambitions for the coming season, and in terms of keeping Bale.

If Bale stays, this could very well be one of our best transfer windows ever. A top quality CB, and we're there, IMO.

I think, behind the scenes, that AVB, Levy and Lewis are planning for us to go for the title this season.

When the squad is overhauled to such a degree though it is a project. A new direction.

then why does everyone mock Emirates Marketing Project when their new players are excited by the project;)

I don't know much about players outside of the PL, but listening to experts and seeing the stats of the players we've signed so far this summer...we are seriously stacking up in young quality, aren't we! Seems to me as a massive statement of intent - both in terms of ambitions for the coming season, and in terms of keeping Bale.

If Bale stays, this could very well be one of our best transfer windows ever. A top quality CB, and we're there, IMO.

I think, behind the scenes, that AVB, Levy and Lewis are planning for us to go for the title this season.

All about blend. There is so much anticipation behind every signing, we expect them to be the missing link, a world beater. But not all click and produce the football at their last club.

Dembele is crucial for us this year. He's had a year to learn about the players round him, movement. He has to stay fit and be our attacking fulcrum. Indeed, we will need all that spine to stay fit: Lloris, Vertonghen, Sandro. You cannot replace any one of those easily.

As for the new guys, Paulinho, Soldado have to hit the ground running. Chadli and Capoue may be more for the squad of 16 rather than guaranteed starting XI, but they need to settle quickly too and provide a greater impact than say Sig or Holtby did when they arrived.

He's quite well-spoken. Seems level-headed as well. I approve. :)

Hope he flourishes at the Lane. Welcome to Spurs, Etienne Capoue. I wonder if any ITKs called this one: it came out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, just like the Chadli and Paulinho transfers.

Back