• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Capow is a big hit for me.

Not yet convinced of his positioning at CB but was very impressed with what we've seen at DM. Not quite as strong or aggressive as Sandro but not far off and much better distribution. I like.

Seeing it all from block 29.

Tottenham midfielder Etienne Capoue has no regrets about taking his time over making the move to the Premier League.

Spurs welcome Liverpool to White Hart Lane on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1HD, as they look to stretch their unbeaten league run to four matches.

Had things worked out differently, Capoue could have been coming out of the away dressing room rather than the home one, with the Reds linked with his services in 2009 and again the following summer.

But the midfielder felt he was not good enough to cope with the pace and the physicality of the Premier League at that point, despite being flattered by the Anfield side's interest.

"It was the right decision," Capoue said. "I didn't know that (Liverpool) in particular were interested in me but I knew that English clubs were.

"I came to Tottenham because it's a very competitive club and it's a strong club. It's what I wanted.

"I want to get in to the Champions League here and also I had the confidence of the coach and the French-speaking players spoke very well of Spurs as well."

A host of Premier League clubs were in for Capoue's signature this summer when the 25-year-old decided to end his eight-year stay at Toulouse.

Arsenal and Cardiff were also linked with the player, but he moved to Spurs for around £9million.

With Tottenham now back on form after their recent blip, Capoue could not be a happier man.

"I only really fell in love with football when I came to England," Capoue said.

"In France it's not like it is here. Here people seem to live off football and that gave me a new taste for football.

"For me it's a passion. In France I didn't watch much football but now I watch Premier League games and I follow my last club."

Although he is now a supremely content man, Capoue's start to life at Spurs has had its bumps, as just four matches into his spell at Spurs he injured his ankle during the 1-0 defeat to Arsenal.

Capoue found the two-month long spell on the sidelines unbearable. "It was the first time that I had an injury for so long," he said.

"I took it very badly at first. I went to the stadium to watch and I would just bite my finger nails.

"I really wanted to get back as soon as I could because football is my passion."

Capoue's return could not have come at a better time.

Although the Frenchman's favourite position is centre midfield, he has been used at centre-back by Villas-Boas because of injuries to Younes Kaboul, Jan Vertonghen and Vlad Chiriches.

The switch has proved to be a resounding success, with Capoue putting in top performances against Sunderland and Anzhi Makhachkala.

Such is Capoue's confidence that facing the hottest striker in the Premier League - Luis Suarez - this weekend does not faze him one bit.

"He is a very good player, an amazing player. It's a good opportunity for me to show my mettle," the 25-year-old said.

From what i've seen so far he's frankly performed better at CB than at DM where he has on occasion completely lost his man and also when he gets a sight of goal tends to shoot wildly rather than lay it off. I've been a staunch defender of Dawson at CB but there's no getting away from the fact he's been way below his best recently so right now I'd much prefer to see Capoue at CB ahead of him.

Let's see how he performs against Suarez on Sunday, that should provide the ultimate test.

Hmm, did Capoue really use the phrase "show my mettle?" I have my doubts his English is that good. Michael Dawson wouldn't even use that phrase.

Can we please never play Capoue at centre-back again? That performance was shocking beyond words; I'm surprised he got more than a 1 on anyone's player ratings.

Can we please never play Capoue at centre-back again? That performance was shocking beyond words; I'm surprised he got more than a 1 on anyone's player ratings.

Tbf, it was against one of the best current attacks atm. Still feel he can do a job against lesser sides when the others are injured.

Tbf, it was against one of the best current attacks atm. Still feel he can do a job against lesser sides when the others are injured.

But some of that defending would have been punished by a Sunday League Under 15s side. Did you see him for their first goal? Pushed up to close down Suarez, and then made no ****ing effort whatsoever to get back into his position as Suarez ran past him to score. It was almost literally unbelievable.

But some of that defending would have been punished by a Sunday League Under 15s side. Did you see him for their first goal? Pushed up to close down Suarez, and then made no ****ing effort whatsoever to get back into his position as Suarez ran past him to score. It was almost literally unbelievable.

It reminded me of Carrick playing their for united except carrick passed it out of defence well.

He looked tidy there last week but today was horrendous and made Dawson look truly awful by being out of position all the time

He looked much more comfortable when he drifted into midfield (leaving a hole behind him I might add but hey we were 3 down). I still like him and won't judge him on one game out of position. He. Will be needed now to cover do Sandro and we will be better placed to judge him in his right position

It reminded me of Carrick playing their for united except carrick passed it out of defence well.

He looked tidy there last week but today was horrendous and made Dawson look truly awful by being out of position all the time

He looked much more comfortable when he drifted into midfield (leaving a hole behind him I might add but hey we were 3 down). I still like him and won't judge him on one game out of position. He. Will be needed now to cover do Sandro and we will be better placed to judge him in his right position

Oh I still like him as a midfielder too - I'm not judging him as a player based on today. In fact I would like to see him and Sandro as a CM duo a few times - both move the ball more quickly and progressively than Paulinho and Dembele.

Levy and Baldini =D>=D>
I watched him for Tolouse last season (as we had a Norwegian named Daniel Braathen there (ex Bolton)), and I was impressed in big parts.
Built like a brick, fairly quick, good enough with the ball to his feet. Of what Ive heard he's developed his attacking play a lot for the last year or year and a half.
Gives us great options and was fairly cheap.
I need TP for my bunghole - I nearly want the window to close now :lol:

Oh I still like him as a midfielder too - I'm not judging him as a player based on today. In fact I would like to see him and Sandro as a CM duo a few times - both move the ball more quickly and progressively than Paulinho and Dembele.

My arthritic mum moves it quicker than them two at times

unfortunate for us to lose him at this price - i predict a many offers coming in for sandro, paulinho and dembele dangling the prospect of champions league.

Way too early to be selling the likes of Capoue and Holtby IMO. You need to persevere sometimes and players often come into their own after a season or more at a club. I've seen enough good stuff from the both of these player to make me think they can fulfil a role in the squad at least. With Spurs injury jinx you know the minute that they are sold we'll have a midfield injury crisis.

Way too early to be selling the likes of Capoue and Holtby IMO. You need to persevere sometimes and players often come into their own after a season or more at a club. I've seen enough good stuff from the both of these player to make me think they can fulfil a role in the squad at least. With Spurs injury jinx you know the minute that they are sold we'll have a midfield injury crisis.

I agree 100%

From what I have seen the lad is a great prospect and I always wonder how much success these players would have if playing week in week out somewhere else.

We are in my opinion masters of our own downfall with these signings..

Reports from Italy that Napoli have offered 9 million Euros for Capoue + bonuses.

http://www.tuttonapoli.net/in-primo...ok-per-jorginho-i-rinforzi-saranno-due-178597

Can actually see this one happening - seems to be quite down Sherwoods pecking order.

I call bull-****!! THere's a reasonable chance that we'll change manager again in the summer if someone proven like Van Gaal is available, so cant see us selling players this month. Loans perhaps, however sales unlikelyu

I call bull-****!! THere's a reasonable chance that we'll change manager again in the summer if someone proven like Van Gaal is available, so cant see us selling players this month. Loans perhaps, however sales unlikelyu

I think you're right. Cannot see us selling someone like Capoue this Jan. What's the point? If hes worth X now, he'll be worth that in the summer should we want to sell.

yes agree... we've done well without a disciplined DM against the lesser teams, but we'll need at least one of capoue or sandro there to help with our leaky central defence, especially when we have both wings committed up front.

Back