• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

wasn't there some stat from the opening weekend that he made more interceptions in his sub appearance than any team together?

He's okay. Once again, he looked good against Swansea when it come to passing because he was playing it simple. Like Palacios in his early days.

I don't think that he is anything like Wilson. We'll obviously have a better idea of how good he is any where he is in the pecking order once he's played a few more games but I think that he has been good most times that he has played and was excellent against Arsenal before getting injured

Suarez vs. Dawson..

ummm-no.gif

Exactly! Which is why I want Capoue and Chiriches. I don't rate Dawson as highly as most seem to. I think that he's a blood and thunder defender who will put his body on the line for the cause of the team, which is to be admired, but who isn't technically great and isn't as good a reader of the game as I'd like to have in defence. I think a lot of the time too, he makes mistakes and then has to dive in to cover himself. Perhaps I'm a harsh critic of Dawson but, to me, he's the furthest down the list of the defenders that we have available to play in the central position, and that now includes Capoue. Caulker had previously been further down the list but thankfully, he has now been sold.

Personally I think he is a great player and hasn't looked out of place at all

He covered centre back at they weekend against two very string if not technical forwards and looked very comfortable

When he has played in midfield he reads the game well and intercepts the ball rather than wins it in tackles c that allows him to play a positive pass quicker and is something Alonso highlighted was wrong with our game... Our passion for a tackle rather than a clever interception

I believe that if Capoue had signed for a side that didn't have Sandro (maybe. Chelsea who look weak in their defensive mids) he would be getting a lot of plaudits for his cameos

Capoue did well vs Sunderland, but this is just one game. I like the idea of having him take over in that position in the future if he shows sufficient talent for it over a period of time, but to throw him in against Liverpool...not sure. I would expect him alongside Verts would be OK with Jan calling the shots etc. Dawson has years more experience and although I do worry for him vs Suarez, I still think he's the better option. Vlad and Capoue just sounds too inexperienced for this type of game.

Capoue has always done well. He was solid in the Arsenal game too until that fat spaniard decided to back in to sit on his ankle.
Always has his head up and much faster and willing to pass forward than most.
I'd like to see Capoue and Sandro hold the fort and allow dembele or paulinho to just bomb forward without fear.

Capoue has always done well. He was solid in the Arsenal game too until that fat spaniard decided to back in to sit on his ankle.
Always has his head up and much faster and willing to pass forward than most.
I'd like to see Capoue and Sandro hold the fort and allow dembele or paulinho to just bomb forward without fear.

I thought Arsenal was his worst game and highlighted his poor passing ability, as for some reason he tried to be a bit more adventurous and that isn't his game. I'm happy to be proven wrong too if anyone has any pass stats for Capoue from the Arsenal game.

I thought Arsenal was his worst game and highlighted his poor passing ability, as for some reason he tried to be a bit more adventurous and that isn't his game. I'm happy to be proven wrong too if anyone has any pass stats for Capoue from the Arsenal game.

Blimey, I thought he was an absolute beast that game! Maybe you're right about his passing, but I remember being very excited about him after his performance against the gooners....

I also thought that Coupoue looked a bit off the pace in the ARSEnal game but considering it was his first London derby and was up against some of the most mobile attacking midfielders in the Premier League it wasn't entirely surprising.

His pass completion was 88% and judging by this graphic from the Chalkboards thread he only attempted the 1 Hollywood Dawson pass.

Have high hopes for Capoue, I like what he brings us defensively. Just a shame for him that Sandro is such a BEAST so EC will have to make do with being backup in the holding role and get the odd game at centreback.

Have high hopes for Capoue, I like what he brings us defensively. Just a shame for him that Sandro is such a BEAST so EC will have to make do with being backup in the holding role and get the odd game at centreback.

It wouldn't surprise me if Capoue was bought with one eye on replacing Sandro in the future but if he continues to settle quickly, I could see a situation where his superior passing has him leapfrog Sandro

the day Capoue EVER leapfrogs Sandro is the day I give up hope in football.

To be fair, it is probably more likely that he finds a regular birth in a 3 man midfield which it appears we are moving towards*.

* I think

Is it safe to assume we'll be seeing a lot more Capoue at CB until Jan recovers?

Surely that would depend on Kaboom and Chriches fitness? Not that I have an issue with him covering but of either of them are fit they have to start ahead of him.

nope, contracts up apparently at the end of the season and i guess with the way his injuries are going then there's a slim chance he'll be here next season

Back