• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

great signing on its own especially at that price, but can we play sandro, paulinho, and capoue at the same time? maybe dembele in the hole and soldado most forward?

Do we NEED to play them at the same time though? Isn't it nice to have options and strength on the bench?

My concern is a lack of creativity from the middle of the pitch, which is why I'd still like to bring in another creative type and send Carroll out on loan to another Premiership team.

Is creativity from the deeper, central positions really that important? When I think of creative players in this league, I think of Mata, Silva and Cazorla types. These players tend to play high up the pitch and often drift in from "wide-forward" positions in the front 3.

Maybe Chadli has been brought in to solve this problem for us? Or maybe Sig steps up this season? (Two pretty big 'maybe's' I grant you).

Do we NEED to play them at the same time though? Isn't it nice to have options and strength on the bench?

would seem a waste of all that good talent and investments, and with the world cup just round the corner, good players get extremely agitated sitting on the bench.

Last season Man Utd had the options of Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Cleverly, Fletcher and Anderson in central midfield, and they also ended up playing Rooney and Jones there a fair bit too. Arsenal had Wheelchair, Cazorla, Arteta, Rosicky, Diaby, Ramsey, Coquelin and even Oxlade-Chamberlain played a bit in the centre.

Over the course of a season, your squad will get injured. You'll have suspensions. They'll also tire out. Especially if AVB intends to take the Europa League seriously again. Now when Wheelchair got injured towards the end of last season, Arsenal kept winning games. Why? Because they had quality players in reserve. Whereas when Sandro got injured, we suffered badly. Parker and Livermore were both very poor last season, I don't want to risk having them on the pitch any more.

Dembele
Sandro
Paulinho
Capoue
Holtby
Carroll
Sigurdsson

That's looking almost complete. AVB MIGHT be planning on picking two all action midfielders to support the slower Huddlestone, but I reckon he will more likely be sold along with Parker and Livermore. My concern is a lack of creativity from the middle of the pitch, which is why I'd still like to bring in another creative type and send Carroll out on loan to another Premiership team.

but you're just counting name, you telling me that all those players at united and arsenal were of the same perceived level and marketability?

Assuming we do get him (and it looks pretty likely), Spurs are going to be one of the most physically imposing teams in European football.

its funny how in an era where most top teams have quick, nimble, smallish players that we are taking the opposite approach

Serious lack of pirouettes, fast decisive forward movement with good passing. Damn we could be quite good going forward this season.

Logic or you're slow as hell...

I'm against this weirdo signing not because of his ability but because we're more then covered in that position. We're not Chelski or Emirates Marketing Project who don't really need to worry about how they spend their cash, what positions etc etc. We have to be very smart on how we do business so i'd rather we used that 8m or so on Capoue and buy a 15m cb as opposed to a 7m one.

If you look across the squad AVB is building, it is increasingly comprised of players who can play more than one position with ease, which is something he wanted to try and initiate from the get-go. With the greatest will in the world, I do not see Scotty Parker playing more than the role he plays.

Is it not about having depth in our squad, we had a few occasions where say 4 or 5 of our 1st team was out and we looked week

We always seem to suffer from injuries and AVB is building up the squad, we could play 60 odd games this year, plenty of time for all to play thats for sure

Personally i think this screams of building a team around Gareth Bale.

I Can see us shifting to a 4-3-3 Bale on the right hand side, so we have Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro, which is great! But what happens when Dembele or sandro pick up injuries? We have to bring in generally a number 10 and shfit to more 4-2-3-1 and the dynamic of the team changes. Bale will be given a license to drift where he wants, and when that happens, sometimes out right hand side will be exposed and this is why we will have a monster of a midfield.

Very intelligent signing in terms of continuity of the team and playing style.

Im convinced Bale is staying and is the key to everything next season for us, and the team is being built for this. IF Bale does leave, I think you could safely say Hulk will be his direct replacement

Personally i think this screams of building a team around Gareth Bale.

I Can see us shifting to a 4-3-3 Bale on the right hand side, so we have Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro, which is great! But what happens when Dembele or sandro pick up injuries? We have to bring in generally a number 10 and shfit to more 4-2-3-1 and the dynamic of the team changes. Bale will be given a license to drift where he wants, and when that happens, sometimes out right hand side will be exposed and this is why we will have a monster of a midfield.

Very intelligent signing in terms of continuity of the team and playing style.

Im convinced Bale is staying and is the key to everything next season for us, and the team is being built for this. IF Bale does leave, I think you could safely say Hulk will be his direct replacement

impossible because of Hulk's wages

This guy looks a real force to be reckoned with! Definitely building up a great squad now, and that should bring the best out in Sandro as this guy looks like he would be able to slot in for Sandro at relative ease! Also seeing that he bags a few goals, it should up dembele's game too! AND he can play CB which of course slightly eases the current worries about fitness at the back!

Really think this is a top signing if it goes through! =D>

Back