• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Toulouse FC Officiel ‏@ToulouseFC 21m

A.#Casanova: "Étienne #Capoue est toujours un joueur du #ToulouseFC et postule pour Valenciennes!" #ConférenceDePresse #VAFCToulouseFC

QHCaNyZk1t-2.png

Looks like he's in the team for the game against Valenciennes in their Ligue 1 opener.

More likely to be a preliminary squad than team at this point, no?

Don't understand why we need another defensive midfielder. Thought with Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele we got enough defensive midfielders. We should be buying a defender and a attacking midfielder or playmaker instead. This is the area that troubled us most last season as we conceded too many goals and didn't create enough chances for attack as well. Still don't know who is going to create the goals for us next season.

Anyway, we should be buying players from the "outstanding" category like Paulinho and Soldado instead of the "decent" category like Chadli and Capoue.

Since when were Paulinho and Dembele defensive midfielders?!?

The key is 'toujours' - in this instance meaning 'still'. Doesnt mean its off

maybe the manager is a bit dopey and hasnt grasped on that his best player is being sold in the next 24-48 hrs

With this and the other fella it seems as though the respective clubs think we may be coming into money or something and they can get more for their players? :-k

How bizarre.

The Toulouse chairman is known to be the Daniel Levy of French football. Hard business man and impossible to deal with during negociations so nothing would surprise me with this one.

With this and the other fella it seems as though the respective clubs think we may be coming into money or something and they can get more for their players? :-k

How bizarre.

In what way?

Capoue hasn't been sold and is probably their best player so he will be in their squad for their upcoming league game?

Dinamo won't sell Vlad until after their CL qualification campaign has ended?

Seems like fairly standard operating procedure. As is trying to inch a little bit of value out of a deal as it's closing I think.

The Toulouse chairman is known to be the Daniel Levy of French football. Hard business man and impossible to deal with during negociations so nothing would surprise me with this one.

i thought that was Aulas

i think we had better wait for Spurs to announce a deal subject to a medical, like they always do, before we expect anything of this or any other upcoming deal

Sorry for the google traduction..

This article is about Olivier Sadran, the Toulouse chairman.

http://www.le10sport.com/football/ligue1/Sadran-cest-plus-fort-que-tout-210838880

Sadran stronger than everyone

Some think he is stingy or stupid, others think he is just a brilliant businessman. In the end he is always the one who has the last word. Sadran Olivier is the president of TFC and managed the Gignac file superbly. Gignac left for 18M, not a penny less.
Sadran wanted to recover minimum 15 million euros for the transfer of their star striker. The only problem is, 22% of the transaction must be returned to the club Lorient who did start Gignac in L1. The calculation is simple: to get 15M, must sell Gignac to 18M. And Olivier Sadran only one watchword: never yield. This is the Sadran tactics. It has already proven itself many times with Gignac last year or possible transfers of Capua and Sissoko. The Toulouse president does not separate easily from the bone. Result, the TFC retains a very competitive team with a young workforce (many players training center) and stable. Perhaps the recipe for success ...
Remains a good deal to last for the Toulouse president, recruiting an attacker to overcome the departure of Dede Gignac. So far in this game, too Sadran Olivier has not often wrong. Demonstrated benefits Gignac or Elmander in recent seasons.
In 2008, Olivier Sadran Challenge magazine ranked among the 500 largest fortunes in France. To his credit, an estimated 59 million euros loot. Since then, President of Toulouse won money. A lot of money ... Director Newrest group specializing in airline catering, the businessman has allowed his company to double its turnover in four years (196 to € 407.8 million).

Oliver messed up with Sissoko though didnt he, allowing his contract to run down and being forced to sell the player for a relative pittance in relation to his talents

In what way?

Capoue hasn't been sold and is probably their best player so he will be in their squad for their upcoming league game?

Dinamo won't sell Vlad until after their CL qualification campaign has ended?

Seems like fairly standard operating procedure. As is trying to inch a little bit of value out of a deal as it's closing I think.

I just meant it would be bizarre for any other clubs to think we would be coming into a lot of money....because we won't. Because Bale is staying! \o/

Disclaimer: I do not know this for certain.

Don't understand why we need another defensive midfielder. Thought with Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele we got enough defensive midfielders. We should be buying a defender and a attacking midfielder or playmaker instead. This is the area that troubled us most last season as we conceded too many goals and didn't create enough chances for attack as well. Still don't know who is going to create the goals for us next season.

Anyway, we should be buying players from the "outstanding" category like Paulinho and Soldado instead of the "decent" category like Chadli and Capoue.

Paulinho and Dembele aren't specifically DM's. They can both fulfill any centre midfield role.

And it's silly to say that every player we buy should be from the "outstanding" category. We are not Real Madrid. We are not galacticos.

Great teams are rarely packed full of stars. There is almost always a healthy mix of great players and solid players. Man Utd; Bayern; Juve. Plenty of examples. Madrid have tried to go down your route and it has rarely worked for them. Too many egos. Too little team ethic. No chemistry.

Besides which, I suspect that you actually have very little idea as to how good Chadli and Capoue are.

Paulinho and Dembele aren't specifically DM's. They can both fulfill any centre midfield role.

And it's silly to say that every player we buy should be from the "outstanding" category. We are not Real Madrid. We are not galacticos.

Great teams are rarely packed full of stars. There is almost always a healthy mix of great players and solid players. Man Utd; Bayern; Juve. Plenty of examples. Madrid have tried to go down your route and it has rarely worked for them. Too many egos. Too little team ethic. No chemistry.

Besides which, I suspect that you actually have very little idea as to how good Chadli and Capoue are.

True, don't know much about Chadli and Capoue as there are not much news about them. Will be great if both go on to perform well for us. Until they do so, there will be huge doubts about their ability.

I wouldn't describe either Paulinho or Dembele as being primarily defensive midfielders, though I'm sure they can both play that role when required.

Also, the idea of only buying "outstanding" players like Paulinho and Soldado... we paid over £40m for those two players alone. Exactly how many £20m players do you think Spurs can afford?

I'm more than happy for our scouts to identify "decent" players that they think have the potential to become "outstanding" but who will improve the team as a unit even if they don't become "outstanding". Players like Holtby, Chadli, or a certain Gareth Bale, perhaps.

Since when were Paulinho and Dembele defensive midfielders?!?

I think both have played in that role at some stage of their career before. But don't think we can expect them to create chances for our attacks as they are lacking in creativity.

He is in the French squad that will get thrashed next Wednesday by Belgium:

La liste des 23 joueurs face à la Belgique

Gardiens : Hugo Lloris (Tottenham/ANG), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Mickaël Landreau (Bastia)

Défenseurs : Mathieu Debuchy (Saudi Sportswashing Machine/ANG), Eric Abidal (Monaco), Eliaquim Mangala (FC Porto/POR), Adil Rami (Valence/ESP), Gaël Clichy (Emirates Marketing Project/ANG), Patrice Evra (Manchester United/ANG), Bacary Sagna et Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal/ANG)

Milieux de terain : Josuha Guilavogui (Saint-Etienne), Geoffrey Kondogbia (FC Séville/ESP), Rio Mavuba (Lille), E. Capoue (Toulouse), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Clément Grenier (Lyon).

Attaquants : Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich/ALL), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille), Dimitri Payet (Marseille), Samir Nasri (Emirates Marketing Project/ANG), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/ESP), Olivier Giroud (Arsenal/ANG)

Back