• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

no, not yet. their chairman has been quoted (via twitter) saying the deal is close to done, bit of paperwork to sort through. similar to when the Romanian fella story broke so obviously a little bit of seasoning is required

Hopefully the Toulouse chairman isn't another nutter orchestrating things from prison...

Toulouse President Olivier Sadran has confirmed bid, tells RMC Radio that Etienne Capoue "will go to Tottenham."

I must admit though I was rather meh about us selling Caulker....if we get in Capoue for about the same cash that represents fantastic business imo

From the little I have seen of him, he seemed to have a lovely talent for accurate passing and a better than average ability to readthe game and anticipate potential problems.

but... but..... it's Bale money.

lolz but look at it objectively - caulker decent eng cb 1 international sold for 8.5m compared to the fees being quoted as to what we will be paying for capoue........French international - better player by all accounts.

Bale or no Bale I think we as fans could not have asked for much more from our board in this window.......we are building some team and IF Bale somehow stays....then WOW!!!

Bale or no Bale I think we as fans could not have asked for much more from our board in this window.......we are building some team and IF Bale somehow stays....then WOW!!!

Yes to this, im very excited about our signings, if Bale stays as well, I will be very moist about this season, especially when I see Arsenal doing nothing

He's a "like-for-like" for Sandro too. He's strong, powerful, good tackle and a decent passer of the ball. He's superior to Livermore and Parker so it allows us not to change our system too much whereas when Sandro got injured I sort of felt Parker/Dembele wasn't the same style. In fact when Parker was in the team, he sort of played box-to-box strangely.

That's definitely correct.
Parker seemed to be trying to do more than when he had more of a (successful) spoiler role in his first season.
But he just didn't have the capability to completely carry out everything his brain told him and at times his brain didn't seem to even tell him the right thing to do. It severely jolted the balance of the team and the rhythm we tried to impose on a game

Done. Toulouse president said it. Medical tomorrow as the player is flying to London tomorrow. 4 year contract.

11mEuro + 2m Bonus

Paris, Monaco and Cardiff had been linked with him this summer.

Another central midfielder... Surely Hudd and Parker are off.. He has an eye for goal, 7 this season.

Very tall and physical player, not the playmaker and modric type player I wanted.

Could you imagine our team against Stoke?

.......................Soldado....................
....Chadli.................................Bale...
.........................Dembele.....................
................Capoue......Sandro...............
Vertonghen................................Walker
..................Dawson......Kaboul.............
............................Lloris.........................

Good luck motherfudgers.

No Paulinho?

Nope, London, but on hols in France right now, french mother, english father.

ahh, just remember you being quite hot on all the Hazard stuff as it was happening on tv

Naijia - i think that line up is an example of how we can set ourselves up against the 'rough and ready' teams, like Stoke, rather than a default line up

Done. Toulouse president said it. Medical tomorrow as the player is flying to London tomorrow. 4 year contract.

11mEuro + 2m Bonus

Paris, Monaco and Cardiff had been linked with him this summer.

Another central midfielder... Surely Hudd and Parker are off.. He has an eye for goal, 7 this season.

Very tall and physical player, not the playmaker and modric type player I wanted.

I think the idea is for him to be a CB/DM hybrid, do you think he can play as a CB?

ahh, just remember you being quite hot on all the Hazard stuff as it was happening on tv

Naijia - i think that line up is an example of how we can set ourselves up against the 'rough and ready' teams, like Stoke, rather than a default line up

No probs. I am looking forward to the return of Sandro immensely as well asPaulo

Not at all. We're doing our usual overkill tactics when it comes to signing central midfielders and it's getting rather boring (especially when we're absolutely fudged in the centre back position)

Buy one player for £8 million. Recoup that amount and more by selling two or three others (Parker, Huddlestone, Livermore) - thereby also reducing the wage bill significantly.

Added bonus is that the new player, in addition to being superior at CM / DM, is also adept at centre back. Which means that he can cover that position while our usual centre backs recover from their short term injuries (or, in the case of Kaboul, ease himself back from long term injury) and while we tie up a deal for a further centre back.

Gives us a far leaner, better, more versatile and modern squad that fits with AVB's philosophy.

Couldn't be a more sensible move.

Unless you thought that we coped well with injuries to Sandro and Dembele last season?

Could you imagine our team against Stoke?

.......................Soldado....................
....Chadli.................................Bale...
.........................Dembele.....................
................Capoue......Sandro...............
Vertonghen................................Walker
..................Dawson......Kaboul.............
............................Lloris.........................

Good luck motherfudgers.

Verts at Left back? Please no no no no.

At left back he can do a job but gets roasted by pace but at centre back he is one of the best in the country and makes the league team of the season. Anyway, unlike many people I refuse to right off Rose just yet

Last edited:
Back