• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Looks like he is primarily a defensive mid, so replacement for Parker who may we leaving instead of a new CB?

IF true of course....

Amazing if true as a transfer fee of around £8M and personal terms was agreed with Cardiff 2 weeks ago. However there have been rumours that he has been holding out for a bigger move as he wasn't sure about joining a newly promoted club.

Wait, you just said you think Parker, Sigurdsson (well done on getting his name right this season btw) and Holtby would be "more than enough"

Now you're laughing at Capoue, Holtby and Sigurdsson as back up? So, one can assume you think Capoue is better than Parker, yet are against the signing.

Logic.

Logic or you're slow as hell...

I'm against this weirdo signing not because of his ability but because we're more then covered in that position. We're not Chelski or Emirates Marketing Project who don't really need to worry about how they spend their cash, what positions etc etc. We have to be very smart on how we do business so i'd rather we used that 8m or so on Capoue and buy a 15m cb as opposed to a 7m one.

Not at all. We're doing our usual overkill tactics when it comes to signing central midfielders and it's getting rather boring (especially when we're absolutely fudged in the centre back position)

I really think you'll appreciate this signing (if it happens) much more when we have an injury to our big 3 in the center. He's genuinely a player who can step in for Sandro or even Paulinho, and we won't skip a beat. Not to say he's better or as good as Sandro and Paulinho mind (world class, starters for Brazil), but he's twice the player Parker is and will be a pleasant surprise if this goes through. Watching in Monaco made me realize how far off in class Parker and Livermore are from the main 3.

Bottom-line for me is: He's not over-priced, we needed quality depth behind Sandro coming off an injury, and he's only just turned 25. I'm just sad I don't get to watch him here now hah.

Ive been here for just a month now, but of all the people I've talked to, I've heard nothing but good things about him which only strengthens my own opinion of him. Plus I think a second 3 of :

Carroll ------------------- Holtby
-------------- Capoue

Is more than strong enough. I just hope we keep Carroll or maybe best case he gets a prem loan and regular gametime

Not at all. We're doing our usual overkill tactics when it comes to signing central midfielders and it's getting rather boring (especially when we're absolutely fudged in the centre back position)

I'm sure its not in place of signing a CB - a CB will be coming in. Do you want us to not sign him because you'd rather get a CB first?!? Have to take them when the come along

THis guy sounds like a good back-up to Sandro. Parker can go, so its long term planning. Cant see why anyone would have a problem with this

Plus I think a second 3 of :

Carroll ------------------- Holtby
-------------- Capoue

Is more than strong enough. I just hope we keep Carroll or maybe best case he gets a prem loan and regular gametime

chuck in :
Townsend-----------------Lennon
----------Carroll ---- Holtby
----------------Capoue

and then our second string XI is starting to look mighty damn fine

It's what we do anyway. No doubt after we sign him and get rid of Parker, Huddlestone and Livermore we'll still go for another central midfielder and people will still see it as a logical signing.

If we absolutely had to sign a central midfielder, you don't think a creative central player would be more appropriate? i mean someone that gives us a totally different option should we need it. I mean i'd rather we focused on centre back but i would at least be able to see why we'd target a creative cm.

I like this signing, he'd basically be replacing Parker and Hudd(maybe Livermore too). A theoretical strongest 11 includes Kaboul and Sandro, when at least one of them isn't available(recent history suggests this will be most of the time) then Capoue will slot in with no fuss and no drop in quality. Good player, 25, versatile, relatively cheap, good signing. At least I don't have to worry about us spending £15m on James McCarthy anymore.

The last Frenchman who could play as a defensive midfielder and central defender was Desailly - and that wasn't too bad. A perfect signing because it allows us to go one light on CB and DM yet still have cover.

I know nothing about him but I hope he is the second coming of Vincent Kompany, a DM turned one of the best centre backs around. Our priority really should have been a defender.

Then a creative forward

"@mohammedali_93: Toulouse president Olivier Sadran confirms Capoue will move to #Tottenham -- some small details need to be finalised. Agreement close"

Wow where has this one come from!!????

Sexo time....

if true its the nail in the coffin for Parker no doubt.

Good player from someone who watches French football. He's certainly better than Livermore or Parker so it'd allow us to finally get rid of Parker and perhaps loan out Livermore.

AVB is very much a fan of versatile players. If he can provide high-quality cover for more than one squad position then we've no cause for alarm.
Mills said the other day that we are working hard to get at least another striker in so we know that there are other irons in the fire.

Back