• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Could you imagine our team against Stoke?

.......................Soldado....................
....Chadli.................................Bale...
.........................Dembele.....................
................Capoue......Sandro...............
Vertonghen................................Walker
..................Dawson......Kaboul.............
............................Lloris.........................

Good luck motherfudgers.

Capoue, Holtby and Sigurdsson as BACK UPS:ross::ross::ross:

TBF Capoue could be CB/DM, Holtby and Sig both can play on either wing, in the hole or at CM. Holtby can even play DM if needed. Plus Parker is atrocious nowadays, he was absolutely horrific against Monaco, reminiscent of the back end of last season... he is over the hill and we should cash in for a few mill while we can.

That said, even if Capoue was CB/DM, I would like us to sign a young CB as well (rumours point towards Chiriches).

can play centre half and defensive centre mid

=D>=D> brilliant signing.............we were linked long ago, with him and Sissoko. Excellent work Baldy and AVB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AVB is very much a fan of versatile players. If he can provide high-quality cover for more than one squad position then we've no cause for alarm.
Mills said the other day that we are working hard to get at least another striker in so we know that there are other irons in the fire.

yep...top signing this

That said, even if Capoue was CB/DM, I would like us to sign a young CB as well (rumours point towards Chiriches).

i think maybe this signing means we can afford to wait until Star Bucharest are ready to sell Chiriches at the end of the window

He's a "like-for-like" for Sandro too. He's strong, powerful, good tackle and a decent passer of the ball. He's superior to Livermore and Parker so it allows us not to change our system too much whereas when Sandro got injured I sort of felt Parker/Dembele wasn't the same style. In fact when Parker was in the team, he sort of played box-to-box strangely.

Spurs team

............:barnet:
:barnet: :barnet: :barnet::barnet:

......:barnet::barnet::barnet:

......:barnet::barnet::barnet:

i think the signings of Paulhino and hopefully now Capoue would signal that management saw the loss of Sandro and the inconsistent availability of Dembele last season as pivotal moments in our season and have used the transfer window well to see that it doesn't affect us again.

a center back and possibly a young striker coming in should Adebayor leave and i think we're gonna have a great squad

Rossi
- that graphic for Capoue last season - are there any others knocking about for comparable players? i couldn't find any on the site myself (even the one for Capoue that you posted)

Carroll ahead of Siggy?

i had quoted someone else's post tbf - however im not as impressed with Sigurdsson as others and am quite fond of Carroll so would have him there myself anyway.

Jesus christ this is turning into a good window!!!

- Top class CF
- Top class CM who has just shone in an international tournament
- versatile young forward
- international CM who's still young enough to develop

If we can just keep Bale we are developing a seriously decent squad and team

just hope we tie this up before anyone else jumps in.....nothing to stop another team agreeing terms with Toulouse. 8 mill euros???? that is ridiculously cheap

Has this actually happened then?

Their president has confirmed that he's joining. How many more signings before Bale's head is turned back towards us? Assuming this happens, we'll have signed Spanish, French, Brazilian and Belgian internationals in one window!!

Has this actually happened then?

no, not yet. their chairman has been quoted (via twitter) saying the deal is close to done, bit of paperwork to sort through. similar to when the Romanian fella story broke so obviously a little bit of seasoning is required

just hope we tie this up before anyone else jumps in.....nothing to stop another team agreeing terms with Toulouse. 8 mill euros???? that is ridiculously cheap

Was about to sign for Cardiff but it looks like we've got him now.

Back