• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

no, they are buying Benzema and Di Maria :lol:

Im unsure why we are laughing at them.

They will certainly buy and buy big. Their fans are utter ****s and there is a case as to why they havent done their business earlier but they will buy.

They will certainly buy and buy big. Their fans are utter ****s and there is a case as to why they havent done their business earlier but they will buy.

Exactly. Cringe as **** listening to our fans already banging on about finishing above them and how poor ****nal are gonna be. Still expect them to sign 2 or 3 big name players.

they will buy, but at the Mertersacker and Arteta level. Decent players but nothing special that will propel them into challenging for the major honours.

squad strengtheners

they will buy, but at the Mertersacker and Arteta level. Decent players but nothing special that will propel them into challenging for the major honours.

squad strengtheners

How do you know this? I think the assumption being the mother of all **** ups is appropriate in this case.

I would just wait until the end of the window before gloating. I would also argue that we have changed a number of players int he team who will take time to gel - whereas they wont need that time - regardless of quality players brought in. They will still be a huge threat

Exactly. Cringe as **** listening to our fans already banging on about finishing above them and how poor ****nal are gonna be. Still expect them to sign 2 or 3 big name players.

im still not sure we will....we have too many new players, about to lose Bale, its going to take time for AVB to make the side gel and function as a unit. **** have stability, this group of players got them top 4 last season, **** as a club will always have that never give up mentality, it will be again tough for us

next season i think we will be much stronger

How do you know this? I think the assumption being the mother of all **** ups is appropriate in this case.

I would just wait until the end of the window before gloating. I would also argue that we have changed a number of players int he team who will take time to gel - whereas they wont need that time - regardless of quality players brought in. They will still be a huge threat

who is gloating. Im not. I still think they will finish above us because like you say they have the stability whereas we have made massive changes.

regarding the transfers im just going by history. Why would Wenger all of a sudden go crazy and pay big transfer fees??? big meaning over 18 mill...if he didnt pay 35 mill for Higuain (apparently **** didnt even make an official bid for Higuian, just agreed terms with the player) then why would they make a 40 mill bid for Benzema???

Suarez i hear you say?? 40 mill plus 1 pound bid.....everyone in football laughed at the stupidity of such a bid. A bid they knew would never ever be accepted. A bid to placate the fans, thats all.

Arsanal's strength is their team spirit, not flashy expensive big name signings. Tell me why that is going to change in the next 12 days

I think **** will buy players like this and they will be stronger without spending sh!tloads of cash

Demba Ba....10 mill
Gourcuff....8 mill
A Williams...12 mill

anyway, this is the Erik thread...has he signed yet

So whats the plan then? Lennon, Willian and Lamela playing behind Soldado with 2 of Sandro, Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho behind them?

As far as chants go i think i might have one for Lamela. To the tune of "Guantanamera"

"One Laaaaaamela
there's only one laaaaaamela
One Laaaaaaaaamela
there's only one Laaaaaaaaamela'

So whats the plan then? Lennon, Willian and Lamela playing behind Soldado with 2 of Sandro, Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho behind them?

One of many possible plans.

In a 4-2-3-1 it could also be Chadli, Sig or possibly Paulinho alongside Willian and Lamela.

It could also be a 4-3-3 with Willian and Lamela in the wide forward roles and 3 out of Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele and Capoue for the 3 central spots.

There might be some trial and error to see what works best, there might be some changes between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on the opponents and game flow.

One of many possible plans.

In a 4-2-3-1 it could also be Chadli, Sig or possibly Paulinho alongside Willian and Lamela.

It could also be a 4-3-3 with Willian and Lamela in the wide forward roles and 3 out of Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele and Capoue for the 3 central spots.

There might be some trial and error to see what works best, there might be some changes between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on the opponents and game flow.

That is the upside of losing Bale, with the new recruits the permutations appear endless. Fingers crossed that they turn out to be good signings.

At least all the creative players are backed up by the 4 monsters (sandro, paul, caboue, dembele).

The ultimate aim is to get them connecting like hazard, mata, oscar, De Bruyne

I'm not even going to think about formations that include Willian and Lamela anymore until I see that word #Official# at the top of their respective threads. Despite our success in the window so far this summer, I'm still not over-confident we will get these guys

Lamela spotted at Gatwick!

98bx.jpg

:tumbleweed: Sorry

Attachments

• lamela gatwick.jpg
    lamela gatwick.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
Back