• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

If I was Real Id just buy Lamela for about 1/3 of the price. Bale isn't that much better than him....

They signed Gervinho in his position a week or so ago.

They probably want someone that's actually good...

If I was Real Id just buy Lamela for about 1/3 of the price. Bale isn't that much better than him....

This might be true, I'm in no position to judge. But Real want someone that's a clear upgrade on Ozil, Isco, and Di Maria for one those two attacking midfield spots next to Ronaldo.

Are you saying that Lamela is a clear upgrade on Ozil and Isco?

Isco is one of the worlds best young players though, he has fantastic talent so I don't see why they need someone significantly better than him. All he needs is time and games till he properly cements himself as world class.

They probably want someone that's actually good...

This might be true, I'm in no position to judge. But Real want someone that's a clear upgrade on Ozil, Isco, and Di Maria for one those two attacking midfield spots next to Ronaldo.

Are you saying that Lamela is a clear upgrade on Ozil and Isco?

Interesting slant. I cant comment on Isco as not seen him. I personally would take Lamela over Ozil but they have different styles. Im sure most would say they'd rather Ozil but Id prefer to watch Lamela and his game is similar to Bale. But I wouldn't pretend to see Lamela week in week out so Im happy to be told Im chatting nonsense :)

Latest from Di Marzio:

Erik Lamela al Tottenham, non c’è l’accordo. La società giallorossa oggi è stata a Londra, ci sono stati diversi incontri di mercato. Da Borriello a Demba Ba, passando anche per Samuel Eto’o. Ma si è parlato anche col Tottenham, per la cessione di Lamela. Al momento non c’è l’accordo, Sabatini e Baldissoni sono pronti per tornare in Italia. La Roma chiede 35 milioni di euro per cedere il calciatore argentino, mentre per adesso il Tottenham si ferma a 30. Le parti si aggiorneranno. Ma per ora non c’è l’accordo.

Erik Lamela at Tottenham, there is no agreement. The company giallorossa today was in London, there have been several meetings market. From Borriello to Demba Ba, passing for Samuel Eto'o. But there was also talk with Tottenham for the sale of Lamela. At the moment there is no agreement, and Sabatini Baldissoni are ready to return to Italy. The Roma is asking 35 million euro to give the Argentine footballer, while Tottenham now stops 30. The Parties shall update. But for now there is no agreement.

If true, not bad for the first day (evening) of face to face negotiations, just a €5m difference in valuation, that's essentially a done deal compared to where Levy normally finds himself after the first day of negotiating.

Interesting slant. I cant comment on Isco as not seen him. I personally would take Lamela over Ozil but they have different styles. Im sure most would say they'd rather Ozil but Id prefer to watch Lamela and his game is similar to Bale. But I wouldn't pretend to see Lamela week in week out so Im happy to be told Im chatting nonsense :)

Not saying any such thing.

Just my opinion that where Real are, for them to push on they need top quality players. Not just "almost as good as top quality players". The price rises almost exponentially(-ish) at those levels of quality, but to once again overtake Barca short term they need that level of quality and nothing else.

madrid need to settle down and focus, i'd say their squad overall is superior (greater depth) to Barca but the infighting and lack of cohesion has undermined them over the last 18 months, this is a situation Ancelotti has always been good at handling though so I would not be at all surprised to see Madrid grind their way to the title this year, albeit with a far narrower GD than the Catalans

Latest from Di Marzio:

If true, not bad for the first day (evening) of face to face negotiations, just a €5m difference in valuation, that's essentially a done deal compared to where Levy normally finds himself after the first day of negotiating.

Agreed, and remember back to the first talk between Baldini and the Valencia boss. Baldini left to return to London, but they still managed to agree a fee eventually. It draged out a bit, but for this one the window shuts down in about.... 12 days and 23 hours :)

Agreed, and remember back to the first talk between Baldini and the Valencia boss. Baldini left to return to London, but they still managed to agree a fee eventually. It draged out a bit, but for this one the window shuts down in about.... 12 days and 23 hours :)

Yeah, and of course Baldini will be busy with the Willian announcement tomorrow so no time for negotiations. ;)

Its not about signing good players who can perform to Real though.
Perez wants a huge name superstar to outdo Barcelona's signing of Neymar.
It a dingdong waving contest they're involved with not football.

Its not about signing good players who can perform to Real though.
Perez wants a huge name superstar to outdo Barcelona's signing of Neymar.
It a dingdong waving contest they're involved with not football.

What does that make Bale? :-k

Plus Real's business model is also about a leveraging the galactico image to move shirts etc. They promote "supersoccerstardom" to sell more to fans across the world. And they are doing a really good job at it if you look at their finances.

Back