• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

Sid Lowe was saying Isco and Ozil are not that comfortable wide (Ronaldo played in the middle apparently in their last game). Surely Ancelotti would have the balls to put Ronaldo out there with Bale and one of those two schemers in the middle behind Benzema. He also said they would be much better off buying a replacement for Benzema than Bale.

Just in...
@wayneveysey: No agreement reached today between #THFC & Roma over Lamela. Spurs want him & £29.9m fee + wages no issue but Roma want replacement in place

:lol:

levy2.gif

My assumption is always that if both ourselves and ****nal are in for the same player they will get him ahead of us. CL football, recent history of finishing above us consistently, more recent major trophies and so on.

I do wonder if we go head to head against ****nal over Lamela if we could have a chance of getting him? His relationship with Baldini can't hurt, there's been a lot of negative press about ****nal recently and a lot of positive press about us and their CL spot isn't at this point guaranteed.

Might be approaching deludedland? Although I don't think I've crossed the boarder into the scouse occupied parts of deludedland yet.

We'll he should be looking at the elevation of Bale and see where we've got him.

Is it just me or does Lamela look a little bit like RVP? Must be the hair :D

Baldini is like a father figure to him. Be shocked if Lamela chooses them. He doesn't need to choose the dark side.

WTF, does this mean we're now potentially looking to break our transfer record not once, not twice, not three times, but four times in one transfer window?!? This is madness! Levy must have gone crazy!

My assumption is always that if both ourselves and ****nal are in for the same player they will get him ahead of us. CL football, recent history of finishing above us consistently, more recent major trophies and so on.

I do wonder if we go head to head against ****nal over Lamela if we could have a chance of getting him? His relationship with Baldini can't hurt, there's been a lot of negative press about ****nal recently and a lot of positive press about us and their CL spot isn't at this point guaranteed.

Might be approaching deludedland? Although I don't think I've crossed the boarder into the scouse occupied parts of deludedland yet.

makes sense from an outside spurs perspective, although you could argue ****nal are a team in transition with a manager in the last year of his contract, not a lot of stability there

Goons seem to be in for him now...

probably Roma instigating the rumour to get Spurs to raise their offer

very much doubt Wenger will pay more than 20 mill for any player, even like Lamela....they have problems elsewhere to sort out first

this is where Baldini needs to earn his spur.
paulinho for instance said that he joined because of AVB.
would like to hear Lamela say that about Baldini.

this is where Baldini needs to earn his spur.
paulinho for instance said that he joined because of AVB.
would like to hear Lamela say that about Baldini.

AVB also with Willian.

But Lamela could be our most important signing of all.

probably Roma instigating the rumour to get Spurs to raise their offer

very much doubt Wenger will pay more than 20 mill for any player, even like Lamela....they have problems elsewhere to sort out first

In fairness a mate of mine is an ****nal fan and he texted me yesterday to say that some Gooner ITK claimed Roma were in negotiations with them for Lamela. I'd love us to beat them to him (he seems held in very high regard) but given their apparent transfer failures this summer you'd have to think they'll put absolutely everything into securing Lamela (if they are in for him).

In fairness a mate of mine is an ****nal fan and he texted me yesterday to say that some Gooner ITK claimed Roma were in negotiations with them for Lamela. I'd love us to beat them to him (he seems held in very high regard) but given their apparent transfer failures this summer you'd have to think they'll put absolutely everything into securing Lamela (if they are in for him).

but Wenger doesnt operate like that, and thats why they are in the situation they are in right now. They wont stretch themselves, they wont overspend on any player.

we will see, but im more wary of Utd rather than Ars jumping in and gazumping us

If we get Willian I won't be crying too much if they get Lamela. He's just about the last thing they need. They need a keeper, a defensive central midfielder, a striker and a great centre back before another AM.

If we get Willian I won't be crying too much if they get Lamela. He's just about the last thing they need. They need a keeper, a defensive central midfielder, a striker and a great centre back before another AM.

correct. would only upset their front line. i thought they really needed someone like paulinho or capoue, but I'm no wenger.

Back