• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

Eric Lamela: 2012/13 appearances: 33; starts: 30; goals; 15; assists: five; pass accuracy: 81.99%

wowee...to he honest I would have been happy with Lamela instead of Soldado, but I dream of having both

Desperation may see him bid. Now I desperately want this player. His pace and flair will fit perfectly in front of our mighty midfield. Whereas ****nal have the most lightweight midfield of any of the top clubs. If Wenger buys this player it will be more of the same, papering over the cracks and a complete lack of awareness as to what his ream need.

So strangely, if we lost out on this boy to the Goons, it would actually be more of a statement of where they are at than us.

Cant see it.
They dont need a left sided midfielder (they have Walcott) or a number 10 (they have Carzola).
Wenger isnt gonna spend 30m filling a position they are well served in.

Who else is in ****nal's squad? I'm just struggling a bit to identify quality players. But Walcott probably players more on the right and Carzola as you say through the middle, but who is usually on the left? Oxlade Chamberlain? Podolski? Maybe they feel they can do with Lamela.

Although it's very out of character for them though.

We should go for Pjanic or Erikson instead then, whoever scores more goals.

Neither Pjanic or Erikson score many goals - they are deeper sitting ball players (more Modric like).

Lamela is a direct goalscoring inverted wing forward - the perfect Bale replacement

Lamela plays from the right usually though where they have Walnut. Cazorla seems to be their preferred option on the left nowadays with either Rosicky as the #10 or Wheelchair pushed forward. Maybe they are in for him, I don't know, I'd've thought a GK, CB, DM and ST would be more or a pressing issue for them. Lamela knows Baldini so maybe he'd pick us anyway if it came down to the two.

Di Marzio:

Lamela, agents in Madrid to talk to Tottenham: the details

Erik Lamela at Tottenham, we continue to negotiate. Yesterday there was a meeting in London between Rome and the British company, even if the agreement had not been reached. The Spurs have put into the pot 30 million, the Giallorossi are asking for 35. In today's day, however, the Argentine agents flew to Madrid to speak with Franco Baldini, technical director of Tottenham. The British are in Spain to close the transfer of Bale to Real Madrid. And the opportunity may be the right also to talk about Lamela. This evening will be officially presented at the Olimpico Rome in front of his fans. But Tottenham did not give up ...

Agent has said he is not moving this summer.

Unless he has said that today then that doesn't seem to be the case.

"I'm not in London and what is being said is not the truth," he said. "I'm in the [Italian] capital along with Erik's father. Lamela's relaxed about it all. We're just waiting for developments. Let's see what happens."

Di Marzio just retweeted this:

Riccardo Trevisani ‏@RickyTrevisani 16m
A Madrid: Lamela-Roma-Tottenham siamo ai dettagli. Mancano le firme ma c'è accordo totale. 6 anni di contratto al giocatore. Da 2.4 a salire

No signatures yet but agreement made. 6 year contract, 2.4m salary.

Di Marzio just retweeted this:

Riccardo Trevisani ‏@RickyTrevisani 16m
A Madrid: Lamela-Roma-Tottenham siamo ai dettagli. Mancano le firme ma c'è accordo totale. 6 anni di contratto al giocatore. Da 2.4 a salire

No signatures yet but agreement made. 6 year contract, 2.4m salary.

I.....I.....cant handle this

(if true)

If true and if Di Marzio's earlier comment is to be believed that was the result of negotiations in Madrid between Baldini/Spurs and Lamela's people.

So agreement on the contract and personal terms, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that we've reached an agreement with Roma?

Roma could quite easily have given us permission to speak to the player and his representatives without a final agreement between the clubs being reached.

If true and if Di Marzio's earlier comment is to be believed that was the result of negotiations in Madrid between Baldini/Spurs and Lamela's people.

So agreement on the contract and personal terms, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that we've reached an agreement with Roma?

Roma could quite easily have given us permission to speak to the player and his representatives without a final agreement between the clubs being reached.

Wasn't it the same guy who suggested that a £29.9m deal had been done, though?

Maybe not - I could be mixing up my ITKs :)

That was Pjanic, no?

Yeah. Pjanic's agent has just come out and categorically stated he'll be at Roma this season.

EDIT: Which makes sense. They may be in trouble financially, but they can't afford a complete fire sale either. They need to remain at least vaguely competitive.

Back