• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Irredeemably awful. But I'll cut him a little bit of slack, and say that he had a bloody untenable job down the right - Trippier was being taken out of the game in the simplest of ways all the time, and he had to defend the entire right side of the field as a result as Trippier jogged back, helpless.

He was hopeless, but Poch's tactics left him out to dry. That's on Poch, not on him - at least, in part.

His problem is that he switches off and you can't do that with nobody behind you. In midfield there's a chance that a defender will mop up.
One thing is switching off momentarily, but he had been pretty consistently brick. Just occasionally ok, a few times good, but mostly he's been awful this season.

Agreed, he also is fine in a three with the more experienced Verts and Toby to cover....

Toby makes my pants sticky
Everything starts from how we control our defence
Sanchez missing yesterday was huge as it meant Dier Centre back and a weakness in midfield
Their massive holes to fill in a team

Toby makes my pants sticky
Everything starts from how we control our defence
Sanchez missing yesterday was huge as it meant Dier Centre back and a weakness in midfield
Their massive holes to fill in a team

If any one player makes Spurs tick, we have a big big problem!
We are sadly basically not funded to take on the current 2016/17 top four. We/Pochettino need to get ruthless and take a hard look at his squad but I cant see us having the finances to make that difference. Yesterday was as we thought it would be a big wake up call!
Levy will have hoped Pochettino could help bridge the huge financial disparity between us and those above us for a little longer. Sadly he hasn't the result is almost certainly no champions to go into the new stadium. We are going to finish between 8th-6th with I hope a outside chance of 4th (fingers crossed).

If any one player makes Spurs tick, we have a big big problem!
We are sadly basically not funded to take on the current 2016/17 top four. We/Pochettino need to get ruthless and take a hard look at his squad but I cant see us having the finances to make that difference. Yesterday was as we thought it would be a big wake up call!
Levy will have hoped Pochettino could help bridge the huge financial disparity between us and those above us for a little longer. Sadly he hasn't the result is almost certainly no champions to go into the new stadium. We are going to finish between 8th-6th with I hope a outside chance of 4th (fingers crossed).

Well De Bruyne makes city tick and Pogba does for United too

It’s isnt uncommon

We were never gonna be champions playing away all season but champions league is still on the cards IMO

And replace him with who?

And there's the rub! As Will said!

I would drop Dire and Dele for differing reasons. Funnily these two both were in the transfer speculation this summer.
Due to our lack of 'quality' in squad depth, some of our so called stars are probably thinking they can't be dropped. Not a good way to run a squad IMHO.

Well De Bruyne makes city tick and Pogba does for United too

It’s isnt uncommon

We were never gonna be champions playing away all season but champions league is still on the cards IMO

I agree, but De Bruyne and to a lesser extent Pogba would not be allowed to coast or even have a drop off form for too long.

I like Eriksen big time, but he would not be "accommodated" for as long as he has been at City or United or even Chelsea.
Pochettino hands are tied to a great extent.
Lloris cannot kick a ball 'comfortably' out of defence, Dele can't cope ATM for whatever reason and Dier is too slow - Pep would get rid and replace/or bench because he has the recourses and that's what the manager wants....
Dier has been Mr Sluggish for months but as you say there is no replacement, but no brownie points for me for stating the bloody obvious!

Last edited:
I agree, but De Bruyne and to a lesser extent Pogba would not be allowed to coast or even have a drop off form for too long.

I like Eriksen big time, but he would not be "accommodated" for as long as he has been at City or United or even Chelsea.
Pochettino hands are tied to a great extent.
Lloris cannot kick a ball 'comfortably' out of defence, Dele can't cope ATM for whatever reason and Dier is too slow - Pep would get rid and replace/or bench because he has the recourses and that's what the manager wants....
Dier has been Mr Sluggish for months but as you say there is no replacement, but no brownie points for stating the bloody obvious!

Eriksen isn’t Toby though
Last season Sideshow bob was Chelsea’s key player and they literally sent him out wtxun together at times

When your key player is a defender it all starts further back

If it’s an attacking/creative midfielder the problem comes with creating and scoring

Eriksen isn’t Toby though
Last season Sideshow bob was Chelsea’s key player and they literally sent him out wtxun together at times

When your key player is a defender it all starts further back

If it’s an attacking/creative midfielder the problem comes with creating and scoring

We cant go to pieces because our centre back or any single player isn't there, can we?

Back