• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Been excellent, but he needs to get a bit more cynical in the box for set pieces. He seems to be the one marking the opponent's main man, but he lost Giroud too easily. Needs to learn from Vertonghen how to shirt pull effectively in the box ;)

And give a good tug

Cheers. Amazing to think our two youngsters started in central midfield for England. A meaningless friendly, but still quite impressive! Bodes well for Spurs too.

How did he do tonight?

For a debut.. Borderline outstanding. He did his job incredibly well with the youngest England side since the 50s

Every time stones went forward with the ball he dropped in to fill or gave him an option. His forward passing was his usual tidy self too

He and Alli were at the heart of about the best England performance in 15 years.

It was the first time since Hoddle was in charge that we actually looked capable in possession. They bossed Pogba, Schneiderlin and Cabeye.

Bit of an over-exaggeration :rolleyes: but they were both excellent and Delli fully deserved his MoM for that performance and wonderful strike.

I'm so glad we promoted him to being our DEFENSIVE midfielder ;) Saved our season

blasphemer.jpg

What i liked about his performance last night was the fact no one seamed to mention him during the game, he just got on with his job very very well.

He provided for England what Spurs needed too, defensive protection from midfield. Amazing to see the two of them last night. But Hodgson isn't brave enough for that so expect to see Milner, henderson and Delph in there for the euros.

He provided for England what Spurs needed too, defensive protection from midfield. Amazing to see the two of them last night. But Hodgson isn't brave enough for that so expect to see Milner, henderson and Delph in there for the euros.

Sadly so true.

I do like Hodgson though for his off-pitch dignity - that's an important part of the role too (and sadly missing for almost every England coach since Robson)

I want to say wow to last nights performance but I don't think you can take much from playing against the French team in that state of mind. They were clearly not at their best for me. And our young players didn't treat it like a friendly and pushed them.

I want to say wow to last nights performance but I don't think you can take much from playing against the French team in that state of mind. They were clearly not at their best for me. And our young players didn't treat it like a friendly and pushed them.

England's problem for 17 years has been that it can't play with the ball. Teams just sit back against us and wait for us to pass it back to them.

What was so good about last night was nothing to do with France. It was that Alli, Dier, Stones and Berkeley in particular actually moved the ball around with poise.

For a debut.. Borderline outstanding. He did his job incredibly well with the youngest England side since the 50s

Every time stones went forward with the ball he dropped in to fill or gave him an option. His forward passing was his usual tidy self too
The only negative I saw was that it looked as though his touch let him down a few times.

Back