• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

they are not dossers, they are valued employees in the organisation, who are keeping up their side of their contractual obligations and being paid accordingly

two parties sign a contract

They are utterly useless, and they are obligated to be paid as per their contract. Two things can be true at the same time.

And banishing them to the U21s and locking them out of first-team training and games does not violate their contract in any way. If they want to stick to the letter of their agreement, so can we. Nothing guarantees them a first-team spot.

They are utterly useless, and they are obligated to be paid as per their contract. Two things can be true at the same time.

And banishing them to the U21s and locking them out of first-team training and games does not violate their contract in any way. If they want to stick to the letter of their agreement, so can we. Nothing guarantees them a first-team spot.

if they were not doing what their contract says they should be doing they would have been fired

We do not have it, since all our best players generally want to leave anyway - thanks to our uncompetitive ownership model and crippling lack of success.
Up till this summer Kane, Lloris, and Son have been our longest-serving players (not far off a combined 30 years), I think we can safely say our best players haven't been looking to leave.

We do not have it, since all our best players generally want to leave anyway - thanks to our uncompetitive ownership model and crippling lack of success.

The ones who want to stay are generally the malingering wastes of space who know their only way is down. Retaining those employees is a net negative to the organization.

I have worked with and overseen folks I would have loved to fire, but couldn't. I have also overseen folks I would have done anything to keep, but couldn't.

That we have sold our greatest ever player and kept useless garbage like Dier, Sanchez and Ndombele tells me we are on the wrong side of this calculation.

As for the rest of it, that is precisely the point mate - getting the point across to the rest that our patience with these dossers has limits. An ambitious player will not be deterred by that - and for those who are, they lack the mentality we need, and we are better off without them.
Do they? How many players have gone on to better things? With the exception of moving to the absolute elite level? You could argue Trippier, but then most of our fans didn't rate him anyway.

Hope we keep him.

Are you seriously backing Sanchez to cover CB!?! Dier is a far more reliable back up. I don’t care about pace when Sanchez makes errors every game.

There really isn’t much difference between them. Both aren’t good enough.

Not really true that. Very different players. Dier has been first choice. Has had spells of playing well. Sanchez has always been shaky. Dier is good for cover even if he can’t sprint back. Dier is faster than Davies. So if partnered with VDV Dier will do a job.

Not really true that. Very different players. Dier has been first choice. Has had spells of playing well. Sanchez has always been shaky. Dier is good for cover even if he can’t sprint back. Dier is faster than Davies. So if partnered with VDV Dier will do a job.

Dier won't start, whatever your/our opinion is, it's clear Ange rates anyone but him.

Dier faster than Davies? Yet to see that.

Dier could do a job in our current system? Pass

Dier won't start, whatever your/our opinion is, it's clear Ange rates anyone but him.

Well Sanchez always promises something. Fans and managers alike see the player in there. But ultimately he lets you down. Even when playing well he makes at least one mistake a game. Yes he can dash back and make Ledley-esque blocks which make you think he has something (he does), but the penny finally drops that his mistakes are more costly and outweigh his good play. And at that point you turn to Dier who’s head is more stable. He’s a player who isn’t good enough to play the whole season, but can raise his game and be dependable playing in spells. He was great under Conte for a few months people seem to forget.

Last edited:
Well Sanchez always promises something. Fans and managers alike see the player in there. But ultimately he lets you down. Even when playing well he makes at least one mistake a game. Yes he can dash back and make Lesley-esque blocks which make you think he has something (he does), but the penny finally drops that his mistakes are more costly and outweigh his good play. And at that point you turn to Dier who’s head is more stable. He’s a player who isn’t good enough to play the whole season, but can raise his game and be dependable playing in spells. He was great under Conte for a few months people seem to forget.

Great under Conte? Was he? He looked like he could have kicked on with some form that's about as far as he got.

Great under Conte? Was he? He looked like he could have kicked on with some form that's about as far as he got.

He got worse as the season went on, but started very well. We were towards the top of the table and Dier was playing as well as he ever has. But I don't think he can hold that level. A bit like Davies, he can raise his game for short spells. Long term choice - no he's not of the required standard. But we are talking about our backup! The way a lot of Spurs fans whinge on "unbelivabe we didn't sign another CB" and make out Dier is some kind of anti-christ is kinda funny, kinda stupid. We have two excellent CBs and two capped back-up CBs. Big fuking deal.

No point signing someone who is the same level as our backups just because its a new face. If I am choosing who I prefer as 3rd choice, its Dier over Sanchez for me, despite Sanchez promise, pace and potential, he always makes a mistake every game. Sometimes it results in a goal against, sometimes not. Dier is less error prone and his head is screwed on - that is all it comes down to.

Hope we keep him.

Are you seriously backing Sanchez to cover CB!?! Dier is a far more reliable back up. I don’t care about pace when Sanchez makes errors every game.
Dier is not reliable. Hes just as error-prone as Sanchez, he just doesn't wear his mistakes on his face in the obvious way Sanchez does. Between them Sanchez has actually had longer periods of decent performances, but lets be real neither are up to spec. Sanchez suits Ange's system hence him getting the minutes over Dier.

Back