• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

He got worse as the season went on, but started very well. We were towards the top of the table and Dier was playing as well as he ever has. But I don't think he can hold that level. A bit like Davies, he can raise his game for short spells. Long term choice - no he's not of the required standard. But we are talking about our backup! The way a lot of Spurs fans whinge on "unbelivabe we didn't sign another CB" and make out Dier is some kind of anti-christ is kinda funny, kinda stupid. We have two excellent CBs and two capped back-up CBs. Big fuking deal.

No point signing someone who is the same level as our backups just because its a new face. If I am choosing who I prefer as 3rd choice, its Dier over Sanchez for me, despite Sanchez promise, pace and potential, he always makes a mistake every game. Sometimes it results in a goal against, sometimes not. Dier is less error prone and his head is screwed on - that is all it comes down to.

Agree with a lot of this. People moan that we can’t shift players then in the next breath moan that we’re not signing new ones who may or may not be any better.

Another clear sign Dier isn’t in Ange’s plans. No Dier, Royal, Sanchez, Hojbjerg or Richarlison in the starting lineup. Bet Baleforce is having kittens.

He's usually not even there to make the same mistakes Sanchez do. Get in behind him when he's ball watching and you'll have a free run at goal.
Thats a mistake as far as i'm concerned and he does it constantly.
Another clear sign Dier isn’t in Ange’s plans. No Dier, Royal, Sanchez, Hojbjerg or Richarlison in the starting lineup. Bet Baleforce is having kittens.
I like Royal and have defended on here many, many times, but that is a group of rather non technical players. Emerson aside it looks like a very midtable bunch.

Agree with a lot of this. People moan that we can’t shift players then in the next breath moan that we’re not signing new ones who may or may not be any better.

Like who is moaning about what now? It's glaringly obvious why Dier cannot play under Ange, and even more telling that he isn't even in the squad.. I for one am glad as I didn't rate him after his initial burst onto the scene ... after that he's been average to poor.

At best he is a defender who could perhaps do a job for a team in the bottom third of the table.

No one is moaning about him being in the squad because he is not there and no one is moaning that we didn't get cover in CB. We should have if we have aspirations and understand the game as a team game with injuries being a factor.

Ironically you seem to have right moan when someone has an opinion that goes against what you believe is true.

Last edited:
Not too fussed about the whole Dier thing, its clear from recent selections he is not in our plans, if he wants to sit out his last year, so be it, I doubt its going to force any kind of hand with Ange.
he isn't in Ange's plan, Levy will either try to get some money, but doesn't look like it as I've read Dier happy to run his contract down, so Levy might cut the contract early and get his wages off our books

he isn't in Ange's plan, Levy will either try to get some money, but doesn't look like it as I've read Dier happy to run his contract down, so Levy might cut the contract early and get his wages off our books

Apparently Lloris is going to be given the golden handshake and cut free too. Let's see

Possible that Levy factors in the cost associated with supplying cars, hot water usage at the training ground, making use of the canteen, toilet paper etc ... just pay him up and let him go

Like who is moaning about what now? It's glaringly obvious why Dier cannot play under Ange, and even more telling that he isn't even in the squad.. I for one am glad as I didn't rate him after his initial burst onto the scene ... after that he's been average to poor.

At best he is a defender who could perhaps do a job for a team in the bottom third of the table.

No one is moaning about him being in the squad because he is not there and no one is moaning that we didn't get cover in CB. We should have if we have aspirations and understand the game as a team game with injuries being a factor.

Ironically you seem to have right moan when someone has an opinion that goes against what you believe is true.

I've seen lots of moaning about players not joining and not leaving on here, on Twitter and on other Spurs forums.

Apparently Lloris is going to be given the golden handshake and cut free too. Let's see
The difference is Loris is at the tail end of his career. Even if we sold him it wouldn't ve for much.

On the other hand, Dier should be peak age for a CB. Interesting how this turns out as Dier must know his value will for down if he doesn't play competitively for a year.

What is clear though is that he isn't in demand by any premier league team. 1 year left on contract, how much will it cost, and Poch knows thay Chelsea needs experience in the defence.

Back