• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Just needs to leave as soon as possible. Always points and shouts at others but can't command a game of battleships.

Just needs to leave as soon as possible. Always points and shouts at others but can't command a game of battleships.

The problem with Dier is he can be having a really good, mistake free game but then he drops a gonad* most games and you really can’t have that from one of your first choice centre backs on such a regular basis. I think fans like him because he gives his all, says all the things fans want to hear about having his ashes scattered at the ground but in reality I think we all know he will never be good enough as a starter. He can fill in as cover at CB or DM if we’re desperate but I hope Conte slowly phases him out of a starting position.

We urgently need better CB’s and some creativity in midfield.

The problem with Dier is he can be having a really good, mistake free game but then he drops a gonad* most games and you really can’t have that from one of your first choice centre backs on such a regular basis. I think fans like him because he gives his all, says all the things fans want to hear about having his ashes scattered at the ground but in reality I think we all know he will never be good enough as a starter. He can fill in as cover at CB or DM if we’re desperate but I hope Conte slowly phases him out of a starting position.

We urgently need better CB’s and some creativity in midfield.

I look at the team and think of which players could fit into the top six teams (about our current level), and Dier, Davies, Sanchez, fit into most teams below the top ten. That's worrying for me.

Dier hasnt been as bad as some are making out this season. Vitesse 1st goal had a player on the floor he had to go around and 2nd was nothing to do with him at all.

Absolutely he can be improved on, but he has been relatively ok so far.

If being accountable for most goals and having a brain fart every game is OK.... I disagree

I think for me he is solid enough. And in a back three it should help. BUT I dont think he should be in the middle of the three. Im confused by that. I would put him on the right as he used to play the odd game at right back and can hit some nice diagonals from there. Romero should be the one in the middle commanding it all ( is it a language thing? ) The left side with Davies is scary to me. I know all the other players are right footed but I would like to see Rodon or Tanganga in there. In fact. I would probably want Tanganga on the Right side of the three eventually.

--

Dier hasnt been as bad as some are making out this season. Vitesse 1st goal had a player on the floor he had to go around and 2nd was nothing to do with him at all.

Absolutely he can be improved on, but he has been relatively ok so far.

My thoughts as well, he has played well this season so far and i believe Conte will keep using him.

My thoughts as well, he has played well this season so far and i believe Conte will keep using him.

I think to myself hes been doing ok, well even at times, but then I remember we've conceded 16 goals in 10 matches, which is frankly awful. Obviously thats not all down to him, but some of it has been, and it just isn't a good look. i'd say hes been pretty good at the standard defending actions but anything that takes a bit of thought and he seems to struggle imo.

The problem with Dier is he makes a blunder more often than not even when he is having a good game. Whether it is lack of concentration or he is just not good enough (or both) I’m not sure but for me he hasn’t shown consistently that he can be a top class CB. He can play well for 5-6 games then he reverts back to dire rather than Dier.

The Tottenham spacegoat, even when he plays well fans pick him apart.

Not true I have given credit when he has played well. He, for me just should not be in any first team of ours.

Simple question can he be upgraded? There are better defenders playing in teams below us in the table.

I must admit I am torn on Dier. This early season under Nuno - he looked great. Dier and Sanchez were not a bad partnership.

Back