• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Seeing that he has had illnress problems over the last couple of seasons i thought that some of the abuse he has been getting from some fans has been a little unfair. He loves the club and his drive and passion is important to us.

Agreed. I think he became an easy target, albeit he didn't always have great games, but there were circumstances and he is one of our bravest players.

Reactions: DTA
Can’t see us keeping many clean sheets with him in the team regularly.

I normally bet against Spurs to keep a clean sheet - if I lose the bet, at least Spurs have not been beaten while it also leaves open the possibility I win the bet but Spurs still win the game.

I absolutely did my gonad*s on Betfair yesterday and I'm blaming you, Jurgen ;)

No Spurs player should be a target for the abuse they get from so called fans, players have dips in form or just go as far as they can, it's not something they do by choice. It perfectly right to say someone isn't playing well but personal abuse is childish.

What abuse are we talking about?

I haven't seen abuse about Dier before, and clearly no player deserves that. He does deserve criticism for his performances over a couple seasons though, as does Sanchez, even though they played very well on Sunday.

Both still need shipping out, with Sanchez the priority one in my view

What abuse are we talking about?

As a staff member you must have time on your hands just go back and read the sort of thing that's been written about most of our players after a defeat. It's not just Dier but him and Sissoko were prime targets with Winks now pushing for number 1 spot. Criticism yes, abuse no. If people cant write anything without using clam in it they shouldnt bother writing.

As a staff member you must have time on your hands just go back and read the sort of thing that's been written about most of our players after a defeat. It's not just Dier but him and Sissoko were prime targets with Winks now pushing for number 1 spot. Criticism yes, abuse no. If people cant write anything without using clam in it they shouldnt bother writing.

'most of our players after a defeat' - that doesn't sound like much of a singling out to me, more like shooting from the hip when emotions are running high.

Sissoko gets a lot of 'abuse' outside of those situations i would agree but Dier? never seen it

'most of our players after a defeat' - that doesn't sound like much of a singling out to me, more like shooting from the hip when emotions are running high.

Sissoko gets a lot of 'abuse' outside of those situations i would agree but Dier? never seen it

I did a quick look and saw clam, brick and diarrhoea, that to me is childish abuse. Too many people need a life, I followed this club for almost 70 years and get dissapointed when we fail, but it's only a game my world doesnt change win, lose or draw.

I did a quick look and saw clam, brick and diarrhoea, that to me is childish abuse. Too many people need a life, I followed this club for almost 70 years and get dissapointed when we fail, but it's only a game my world doesnt change win, lose or draw.

I don't get it, go on this forum, reddit, whatever social media platform you want and have a general bitch .. fine

The need to get personal and go after a player, coach, owner, whoever, wtf? walk on by ..

Wear your colours in the darkest hours, be a fan when your club sucks .. it's easy when you win every fudging game ..

Dier didn't become the player we hoped, probably isn't good enough for our ambitions, but he puts in a shift and doesn't disrespect the club, so it will never be a personal thing ..

I think several are vying for that mate. He has also been injured and had appendicitis. His biggest problem was the bellend coaching before!
Let’s be fair Steff, he has had brain fart after brain fart and this was happening well before Mourinho came along. I’ve found myself being critical of him more than probably any other Spurs player the past couple of seasons despite the fact he is very much Spurs through and through and the fact he gives 100% and that is because of the consistent errors he makes. The only time he looked good was when he was next to Dembele and then Wanyama in CM and it’s not hard to figure out why!
However, he along with Sanchez was great against Emirates Marketing Project and if he continues to look as solid as he did Sunday and can cut out the sloppiness in his game then brilliant because he always gives his all and speaks so well about the club….

Back