• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

It doesn’t surprise me; he’s not HG and was largely woeful last season. Some people of here thinking we could get £20m+ are smoking something!

Honestly, I would take a straight swap with Tarkowski. Or Sell to Brighton since they need a defender with an offer of money for Lamptey/Bissouma

I think Dier might do very well alongside Romero.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What makes you think that? Dier is more senior to him and could just about blow his nose playing next to Alderwierald.

Dier has done nothing since he has played at the back to suggest that he has the awareness or defensive capabilities. Great defenders usually can shadow a player without lunging or going to ground ... Dier goes to ground as a break glass emergency far too often in every game.

I don't see Rodon as any better that Dier, was not impressed by him in the Euros. Not impressed by him when playing for Spurs either, don't see why people rate him as any better that Dier. Best would be one more new signing as CB to play alongside Romero.

I don't see Rodon as any better that Dier, was not impressed by him in the Euros. Not impressed by him when playing for Spurs either, don't see why people rate him as any better that Dier. Best would be one more new signing as CB to play alongside Romero.
Not sure what you saw from him at the Euros but from what I’ve seen of Rodon both in a Spurs shirt and at the Euros I am most definitely more confident with him at CB than Dier…..

He doesn't look like a world beater and nor can you expect him to be so, having played only a limited number of games in a Spurs team with so much instability, or with the underdog that is wales without international experience.

However he has looked competent and for me that is great start.

Of concern also is the obvious fact that no one in their right mind would want to buy Dier
You say that but I’ve always felt there’s a market for players who have played for bigger clubs to trickle down and get a couple more moves almost for that reason alone. Take Hart for example, I know a sub keeper is a different role but he’d looked shaky at all of his loan moves, I couldn’t believe Burnley took a punt on him given the keepers they had and the limitations of their budget, then we had a go based more on his experience of winning, he looked exposed against long shots in the few games he played and yet Celtic were prepared to pay a few for him.

I can see someone like Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming in for him, then be always liked his personality but the best thing he can do is make a fresh start and maybe playing for a team that is likely to focus on defending more then we’d usually need to (Mourinho’s philosophy aside!) may help him. He might look better in a back 3 too.
The challenge may be his salary or ego makes him resist a move, which is probably the same for a few we have who we’d like to upgrade. At least they won’t be missing out on CL or even Europa though!

I’m in the pro Rodon camp, he looks like he wants to defend and is more mobile than Dier and is stronger and less skittish than Sanchez. Slightly concerned that Nuno hasn’t started him yet though.

I’m in the pro Rodon camp, he looks like he wants to defend and is more mobile than Dier and is stronger and less skittish than Sanchez. Slightly concerned that Nuno hasn’t started him yet though.
Maybe something to do with him being at the Euros - I know Wales didn’t go deep into the tournament, but could still be looking to ease him in. I know Hojberg who was at the Euros started the other day but we don’t have many CM options compared to CB. This pre season is so disjointed who knows….

Maybe something to do with him being at the Euros - I know Wales didn’t go deep into the tournament, but could still be looking to ease him in. I know Hojberg who was at the Euros started the other day but we don’t have many CM options compared to CB. This pre season is so disjointed who knows….
I hope so, like I say I think he has offered more in the few times I’ve seen him despite being less experienced than the other two who would also be on higher wages.

Not sure what you saw from him at the Euros but from what I’ve seen of Rodon both in a Spurs shirt and at the Euros I am most definitely more confident with him at CB than Dier…..
I saw him against Denmark and it was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a CB.

I like Dier, he's got the right attitude, I worry we are letting too much of that go, Lamela, Sissoko etc.
That’s a fair comment, he does have a good attitude, trains hard and doesn’t appear to kick up a fuss when not playing - he is all about the team. But some on here have looked at him as a leader on the pitch because he points and shouts. The problem with that is we don’t know that he’s pointing at the right places and shouting the right instructions, and considering his own defensive actions I’m not at all confident he is:D

I was ok with him being a squad player because I thought he was HG, but when I recently discovered he wasn’t - we really could do better, even for a backup CB. He just makes too many errors, and doesn’t seem to learn from them…..

Funny thing was he wanted him at Man U, and then when he first came here you could see him on the Amazon documentary turning to his assistant at training saying he’s good. Fast forward a few months once he’d spent a good bit of time with him and Jose wasn’t picking him at all - that to me was quite telling….

Funny thing was he wanted him at Man U, and then when he first came here you could see him on the Amazon documentary turning to his assistant at training saying he’s good. Fast forward a few months once he’d spent a good bit of time with him and Jose wasn’t picking him at all - that to me was quite telling….

It is like when the bird your banging moves in with you. Your start seeing them without makeup and realise how fcuking stupid they are. You want them gone as quick as possible.

Back