• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I am absolutely gutted that at the moment it seems we may have Dier starting for us thus season, it absolutely feels me with dread.

Even though Toby is past his best I rate both him and Tanganga as better central defenders. It concerns me that one has been sold and it looks like the other is going out on loan.

Dier is one paced, and that is slow, he is good in the air only if he does not have to compete for an aerial ball because he only seems to get a few inches off the ground when he jumps, and then there is his decision making or lack off, it still leaves me afraid, very afraid.

Agree with all of that and I too am surprised. Can’t see us keeping many clean sheets with him in the team regularly.

You’re right about the attitude. Shame Dier doesn’t have any actual ability. He’s a squad player at best for me.

Squad player ? I don't know how would you feel if he he was to come on or cover? Just think ship him out and everyone including him can move forward.

Just not for players occupying the bench for the sake of it

I like Dier, he's got the right attitude, I worry we are letting too much of that go, Lamela, Sissoko etc.
All that "right attitude" achieved grand diddly fudge all when all 3 simply aren't up to the requirements of playing games.

Attitude is important but it also needs to be aligned to ability. Sadly those 3 lack the ability part.

All that "right attitude" achieved grand diddly fudge all when all 3 simply aren't up to the requirements of playing games.

Attitude is important but it also needs to be aligned to ability. Sadly those 3 lack the ability part.

Heading into an era with neither I think.

I hope he stays and i think he will, however i have always believed he is better in CM and would like to see him go back there.

But that's the issue, he's basically told the club he doesn't want to play anywhere but CB.

The Dier that played CM, and could cover for CB and RB was a valuable resource, the guy who demands to play only CB when he clearly isn't good enough, not so much.

But do you actually think he’s a good footballer? I get having the right attitude is also essential but don’t you have to be erm, good at playing football as well. What would you say he is good at technically?

I do think he is a good footballer, he's not perfect but his positioning is good most of the time, he can pass, he's not afraid to put his body in front of the ball.

A good team needs a range of mental and physical abilities.

I do think he is a good footballer, he's not perfect but his positioning is good most of the time, he can pass, he's not afraid to put his body in front of the ball.

A good team needs a range of mental and physical abilities.
Do you think he's a good CB though? Genuinely do you see a competent CB from his performances?

Do you think he's a good CB though? Genuinely do you see a competent CB from his performances?

A lot of the time yeah, look at the options, I’d prefer him to Toby.

There is a place for him in the squad and I trust him to do his best when he’s on the pitch.

A lot of the time yeah, look at the options, I’d prefer him to Toby.

There is a place for him in the squad and I trust him to do his best when he’s on the pitch.

Dier made way more mistakes last season than Toby did. I get people see things differently but I’m honestly baffled that anyone can be happy with his performances from last season. CB was by far the weakest area on the pitch. For someone who loves clean sheets, I’m amazed you are blinded by his performances :D

I like him, there I said it...
He does make mistakes but I think he has a good attitude and wants to do well for the club.
Like a few have said I prefer him in midfield but if he is to continue at CB hopefully he can improve this season alongside Romero. He's also a good option at right back if needed, always played well there when called upon.

As i have said already i hope he stays, he is a player who will run through a brick wall for us ( the club and Fans) and we have had a few over the last couple of years who could not be even bothered to break a sweat for the badge. However again i will say he is not a CB and unless he is prepered to go into CM ( where he has always been good imo) maybe he should leave for another club.

I hope not because his love of the club, his determination to drive us forward will be missed.

As i have said already i hope he stays, he is a player who will run through a brick wall for us ( the club and Fans) and we have had a few over the last couple of years who could not be even bothered to break a sweat for the badge. However again i will say he is not a CB and unless he is prepered to go into CM ( where he has always been good imo) maybe he should leave for another club.

I hope not because his love of the club, his determination to drive us forward will be missed.
Will also run through the fans and to the bog, he's a determined lad!

I would run around all day also and never give but sadly I'm also not Tottenham premier league quality.

Back