• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Jose has said thee isn’t any point appealing
I would only appeal to (publically) highlight other offences that have not had a similar punishment. I would also (publicly) bring up the fact that the punishment is equal to John Terry's racial abuse of Anton Ferdinand. That will shame the authorities somewhat. I'd like Jose Mourinho to lay this on very thick. In every interview until the ban is over I'd like Jose to repeatedly mention that the authorities claim to care about racism but actually deem it no worse an offence than going into the stand to see a member of your family.

We have become an easy team to punish over the last few years, Dele and Dembele got retrospective punishments for things that were less bad than opponents got away with against us. I expect Jose to out a stop to that pretty quickly.

I think 3 games is fair. You can't have players steaming into the crowd to confront fans.
Note [Bedford] he went past his brother to confront the fan and there was argy bargy at the exit. That can't be condoned.

Note from 2008: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has been banned for 3 matches by the Football Association (FA) for throwing a coin back into the crowd during a League Cup game against Burnley on Wednesday. TV replays showed Drogba, who had just scored, pick up a coin, which had apparently been thrown by a Burnley fan in his direction, and hurl it back into the crowd during Wednesday's match, which the Blues later lost to the Championship side on penalties.

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher served a three-match ban for a similar incident at Arsenal in 2002.

I think 3 games is fair. You can't have players steaming into the crowd to confront fans.
Note [Bedford] he went past his brother to confront the fan and there was argy bargy at the exit. That can't be condoned.

Note from 2008: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has been banned for 3 matches by the Football Association (FA) for throwing a coin back into the crowd during a League Cup game against Burnley on Wednesday. TV replays showed Drogba, who had just scored, pick up a coin, which had apparently been thrown by a Burnley fan in his direction, and hurl it back into the crowd during Wednesday's match, which the Blues later lost to the Championship side on penalties.

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher served a three-match ban for a similar incident at Arsenal in 2002.
From the video I saw he didn’t go past his brother at all. He got to his brother as the guy was pegging it down the stairs

From the video I saw he didn’t go past his brother at all. He got to his brother as the guy was pegging it down the stairs
Hmm, maybe that was my brain putting these three facts together?

In a written statement, the independent regulatory panel outlined a number of aggravating factors:

• The stand was heavily populated by spectators.
  • Dier travelled an appreciable distance for a not insignificant period of time trying to reach the spectator - it was a determined and sustained attempt to get to the spectator.
  • He pursued the spectator after he had desisted and moved away.
  • He pursued the spectator when he knew he posed no threat to his brother.
  • Dier's actions caused some pushing and shoving in the stands
  • Dier's actions resulted in a melee at the entrance of exit 103.
  • He is a high-profile footballer, whose conduct was witnessed by many within the ground and countless others more widely.

Fair enough he got punished, it was a stupid thing to to.

And totally unsurprising to see the FA going over the top with their punishment. Dier should've yelled threatening, racist slurs at the guy instead to cut the ban short.

Can't even remember when this happened either. They'll probably ban Gary Mabbutt for some reckless tackle in 1989 next.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong and he deserved those four (six) games. I can't really say I'm too bothered; there's so much fudged up brick with football these days my love for the game is pretty much dying.

But anyways; fudge the FA.

I don't think that's popular opinion at all. I think the general consensus is that he isn't good enough in midfield for us but has been doing pretty well at centre half since he restart.

Seemed a very popular line on here in the past, but the Victor's get to write history, just waiting for the new hate target.

Mourinho knows exactly what he is doing by refusing to speak about today and by not appealing.
It's perfect timing after Hugo and Son - this is phase two, siege mentality.

There was that time Gary Mabbutt attacked John Fashanu’s elbow with his face in 1993...
View attachment 8917
View attachment 8916

I was at that game, Wimbledon were a bunch of thugs who got away with murder because they were classed as " the underdogs". I remember a game when Vinnie Jones dived in on Garry Stevens that finished him as a good player.. As i say a bunch of thugs.

In the recent(ish) past when he was lumbering around in midfield?

Dont worry about me I'm just a "supporter" cant come to terms with slagging off team, players and manager. I dont believe any of them perform badly on purpose, I understand people get disappointed when things aren't going well but continual abuse is depressing and the sort of action I expect from spoilt kids at a party who cant get what they want. Lots of people post thoughtful messages about our performance with constructive points which make good reading, it's the ********* is brick stuff that gets to me.

Back