• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

4 games about right - a supporter doing something comparable would have been banned for a lot longer.

Completely idiotic thing for a professional to be doing

Whilst I agree it is interesting that had they deemed him to be only protecting his brother, the sanction would have been less and possibly removed altogether.

On what basis has this commission determined that he wasnt only protecting his brother and presumably such a conclusion is at odds with the findings of the Police?

presumably such a conclusion is at odds with the findings of the Police?

The police wouldn't concern themselves with that, the police investigation would only be into whether he had committed an offence.

The FA report says "ED was interviewed by police but not charged with any offence relating to his conduct.".

They suggested a SIX match ban after the fan said he didn't feel threatened and confessed to being an idiot himself?
Reading their document, they choose to disbelieve the spectator and focussed on video footage showing Dier choosing to go after the fan.

Hints within it about Dier having gone through difficult personal circumstances in the last year, but no detail (rightly) recorded.

Whilst I agree it is interesting that had they deemed him to be only protecting his brother, the sanction would have been less and possibly removed altogether.

On what basis has this commission determined that he wasnt only protecting his brother and presumably such a conclusion is at odds with the findings of the Police?
Police said nothing here
FA said he breached the rules which are vague as fudge and apparently now use of aggression and language will be punished
So with no crowds and the swearing that the press say they hear every game we could see big bans coming ... of course not

At the end of the day you can’t have a player run into the stands, regardless of the circumstances. It sets a dangerous precedent if he got let off for that....
It was after the game
The player actually went to his brother and hugged him
I’m still lost as to what the infringement is.
Aggressive language and actions apparently
Jose will be all over this now

I am going to enjoy watching Mourinho at the presser shortly.

Poch was too good a man to call out these corrupt w*nkers. Mourinho has no such inhibitions, and I am sick and tired of being the nice kids on the block who get the brick end of the stick from the refs, VAR and the self-satisfied brown paper-bag holders at the FA.

If Mourinho makes them squirm a bit, so be it. We owe them nothing, and they cannot do anything to us.

4 games, while Guendouzi got off scot free. Eric might as well have grabbed the c*nt by the neck, since that apparently invites no sanctions.

I hope he makes that comparison again, clearly and loudly, for the whole world to hear - and especially the FA. Worth the headlines, worth the noise.

Its true. Guendouzi wasn't charged but Arsenal have basically admitted it was unacceptable and punished him by dropping him. It bugs me that more offences are not retrospectively punished

Its true. Guendouzi wasn't charged but Arsenal have basically admitted it was unacceptable and punished him by dropping him. It bugs me that more offences are not retrospectively punished
Should still be banned though
That way it’s formal and he then has a record to worry about

Police said nothing here
FA said he breached the rules which are vague as fudge and apparently now use of aggression and language will be punished

They are different bars to clear. The police are looking at whether a criminal offence has been committed, the FA whether their regulations have been breached. There can't be much argument that players going into the crowd is against those regulations. The only argument is whether there are mitigating circumstances or whether the punishment is too severe.

The report details analysis of video footage leading them to conclude that Dier deliberately chose to chase after the spectator at one point to confront him, when he was not by the brother. And Dier seems to partly bear that out in his testimony.
Their personal conclusions about Dier are, at least nice to read (and hearing Southgate gave a glowing commendation speak a lot) but that seems to have counted for little

They are different bars to clear. The police are looking at whether a criminal offence has been committed, the FA whether their regulations have been breached. There can't be much argument that players going into the crowd is against those regulations. The only argument is whether there are mitigating circumstances or whether the punishment is too severe.
The player going into the crowd to hug his brother (that’s actually a fact) is very different to what the Fa have punished him for
If he had got to the fan and lumped him I’m all for the ban
He didn’t and it wasn’t seemed to be anything between the parties involved

I am going to enjoy watching Mourinho at the presser shortly.

Poch was too good a man to call out these corrupt w*nkers. Mourinho has no such inhibitions, and I am sick and tired of being the nice kids on the block who get the brick end of the stick from the refs, VAR and the self-satisfied brown paper-bag holders at the FA.

If Mourinho makes them squirm a bit, so be it. We owe them nothing, and they cannot do anything to us.

4 games, while Guendouzi got off scot free. Eric might as well have grabbed the c*nt by the neck, since that apparently invites no sanctions.

I hope he makes that comparison again, clearly and loudly, for the whole world to hear - and especially the FA. Worth the headlines, worth the noise.

Jose will give the Premier League all sorts of sh!t for this. No way he just sucks it up. 4 games seems a bit much but, to be fair, what Dier did was brainless.

I also thought it strange after the West Ham game that he said “I thought it unfair on West Ham that we had a day longer to prepare than them”. It’s just occurred to me that Arsenal will have 2 days more than us to prepare for the NLD. There’s no way Jose isn’t going to mention that at some stage.

Expect quite a few barbs.

Jose will give the Premier League all sorts of sh!t for this. No way he just sucks it up. 4 games seems a bit much but, to be fair, what Dier did was brainless.

I also thought it strange after the West Ham game that he said “I thought it unfair on West Ham that we had a day longer to prepare than them”. It’s just occurred to me that Arsenal will have 2 days more than us to prepare for the NLD. There’s no way Jose isn’t going to mention that at some stage.

Expect quite a few barbs.
He has mentioned it
Several times
He said how did they plan these games so badly which is very very true

He shouldn’t have done it and deserves some sort of ban, but why the fudge what so long to hand it out? Outrageous.

In fairness it was delayed at Dier's request, as his team were trying to get the police to release a statement in relation to their questionning of the fan. The statement had still not been released by the time the hearing was re-arranged and the enquiry team agreed to accept what Dier's solicitor had been told by the police.

This is a blow, whether he has been a 10 out of 10 every match he looks much improved fitness wise post lockdown and was getting a run of games in his preferred position. I think Mourinho seems him as a leader on the pitch. I think he’d have been up for the derby too.

There is no excuse for the delay in making the decision before we even get into the debate about it’s appropriateness.

Back