• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Doesn't seem like Todd Kline was rated too much. I know you can't believe ITKs and all their gonad*s but at least three different posters now have said he did nothing and good riddance etc.
Sounds like people looking from the outside in. I can't see Levy keeping someone around in a senior position who was doing "nothing". Given that there seems to be some kind of sponsorship or commercial tie-up announcement every few months at the moment, he (or his team) has clearly been doing something. And if he has been poached rather than pushed out, that also implies he knows his stuff. (Although given the Chavs record under Boehly with incomings, maybe our ITKs know more than I give them credit for!).

Sounds like people looking from the outside in. I can't see Levy keeping someone around in a senior position who was doing "nothing". Given that there seems to be some kind of sponsorship or commercial tie-up announcement every few months at the moment, he (or his team) has clearly been doing something. And if he has been poached rather than pushed out, that also implies he knows his stuff. (Although given the Chavs record under Boehly with incomings, maybe our ITKs know more than I give them credit for!).

Yeh and also a case of you ask 50 different people you likely get 50 different answers on what they thought. That's any working environment, not everyone gets on

So our other sponsors pay us more because the stadium is the London Tottenham stadium rather then the Nissan stadium.

Jolly good of AIA to do that.
more a case of raising the brand of THFC by having the name in the stadium title and that being plastered all over the media every match day as well as each Beyonce gig or gokarting event. Better value to the club than being "The Durex Bowl".

more a case of raising the brand of THFC by having the name in the stadium title and that being plastered all over the media every match day as well as each Beyonce gig or gokarting event. Better value to the club than being "The Durex Bowl".

Especially in times where corporates are facing massive downturns.

Yeah, grasp the concept.

So in 3 years time we will get x amount more for calling it the Durex bowl.

Generally I am a fan of Levy, but its my belief he dropped the ball here by holding out for to much. Saw him doing it for players evaluations over the year.

The pandemic did come at a bad time. But still think he got this all wrong.

Yeah, grasp the concept.

Generally I am a fan of Levy, but its my belief he dropped the ball here by holding out for to much. Saw him doing it for players evaluations over the year.

Which offer did he turn down ?

He was on record as saying we have had multiple offers, but none that matched his value or aligned with our brand.

But seeing as we have had betting companies on our shirt and also are involved in token offerings, I assumed was just a way of trying to save face.

Yeah, grasp the concept.

I honestly don't think there was as.much urgency in it than what people say though.

If it was purely a case of out priced and we needed the money a deal would have been eventually made for less.

I see it more a case that the club place a number on what they feel changing the name.of the stadium warrants, anything less then seen as not worth the dent in using the Tottenham name.

I notice that quite a lot of clubs don’t have sponsorship deals for their stadiums. Or maybe they do and I just don’t know about it. It not like we’re unique or derelict on that front.

Perhaps it’s simply a case of the corporates just not stumping up enough cash to be worth it and the club would rather use the opportunity to spread the name of the club far and wide.

I notice that quite a lot of clubs don’t have sponsorship deals for their stadiums. Or maybe they do and I just don’t know about it. It not like we’re unique or derelict on that front.

Perhaps it’s simply a case of the corporates just not stumping up enough cash to be worth it and the club would rather use the opportunity to spread the name of the club far and wide.

It's never actually worth very much anyway. About 1/4 of shirt sponsorship income at best.

I've always believed it's a bad practice, your stadium is your heritage. To me and most of my generation Liverpool will be Anfield, United Old Trafford, Saudi Sportswashing Machine St.James's Park etc. Selling out ties you to a group your fans have no conection with and what if they don't want to renew contract, do you keep changing your name?

No one is willing to pay what we want. The club put out tenders when the stadium was being built inviting bids for a naming deal, so we definitely wanted one. Even the current name of the stadium supports that (The Tottenham Stadium). It's obviously speculation as to why we don't have one but going off what Levy himself said, the offers we received haven't met our expectations.

It's definitely a bit crap if your ground is called The Reebok or The Cellnet Stadium or whatever.
Although I guess it is also a bit crap if your ground is called The Riverside (er.... what river is that mate?)
Or the Stadium of Light (but not the real one, the other little one oop north).
Or the Theatre of Dreams or pretty much anything except the really well known ones.

Anfield is an iconic name. Old Trafford likewise. Villa Park is strong. But Maine Road or Goodison Park are not globally understood. The Etihad or The Emirates are crap transitory names. What is Wet Spam now, the Olympic Stadium? Super generic, nobody abroad would know that vs the ones in Munich or Rome. Stamford Bridge got well known due to Putin, but is it well known globally? Maybe.

I doubt White Hart Lane is well known in Asia, Africa, America.
Probably "The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium" allows people to know what the heck we are talking about.

Maybe Levy and Kline were trying to get a partnership like "Vodafone at the Tottenham Stadium" i.e. whenever the name is mentioned it must contain both the partner and "at the Tottenham Stadium" so we keep our visibility?

Note:
The San Siro is really the Giuseppe Meazza, ex player and coach.
The Bernabeu is named after Santiago Bernabeu who played for Real Madrid and was president for 35 years from 1943 to 1978
So perhaps we just call our stadium The Levy? He's been our 'President' for 22 years now... if he keeps going for 13 more years, when he is 74, he will have earned the right to change the stadium name to The Levy, surely? What say you, DubaiSpur?

Levy World.

Like Jerry World in Arlington, home of the Cowboys, apparently it’s the AT&T Stadium, but only the broadcasters call it that.

Or not even for laughs. 22 years building us up, fighting the financial cheats.

I note a 20km stretch of the A52 linking Derby and Nottingham has been renamed the Brian Clough Way.
Maybe we should rename the Seven Sisters Road the Daniel Levy Way?

Back