• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Same as City mate, it's always been of a shady area .. what stops "someone" from buying $1M of shirts?
It absolutely is. No way in a million years that that shower sell twice as many shirts as Woolwich and three times as many as us. FFS. Not unless Putin has adopted the Chelsea shirt as the prison uniform in Russia. As if being locked up on spurious grounds wasn't punishment enough.

I can just magine they are using an army of Manchester teenagers to go round the shops buying a shirt in each sports shop every day!

when you look at our overall business, we're still a long way short of the true "big boys":

Look at shirt sales for instance in 2022:

View attachment 16755

we're a long, long way behind in terms of desirability and brand recognition world wide, as are City surprisingly.

For reference globally Real and Barca do about 1,8m shirts.
It would be interesting to know how the finances are split/structured between clubs and the manufacturers

It absolutely is. No way in a million years that that shower sell twice as many shirts as Woolwich and three times as many as us. FFS. Not unless Putin has adopted the Chelsea shirt as the prison uniform in Russia. As if being locked up on spurious grounds wasn't punishment enough.
I travel a lot and you see a lot of Chelsea shirts. Whether they are authentic or not who knows but they are definitely out there.

Way more than I see Spurs shirts, which I rarely see, although I have seen a few more in very recent years.

I'm sure it will be a slap on the wrist .. and a fine

He's no longer connected to us, was surprised to actually see a couple of media reporting it correctly as "ex-Spurs"

He is connected with us. Just not directly anymore.

I would love to see the reaction of some fans if it's named after levy. Lol

I bet most on here would absolutely love it. They’d probably get a semi. The fact that people have convinced themselves that the stadium being called “the Tottenham Hotspur stadium” is more valuable than having actual money from a sponsor speaks volumes. I’m not his biggest fan but it would be very churlish to argue he hasn’t done many great things for us. But it’s almost like his fans just can’t accept when we get things wrong they have to go to such weird lengths to defend him 😂

I assume we crunched some numbers but there's one obvious fly in the ointment that means we don't get our cut of every shirt sold. And I'd suggest that market is only going to get bigger.
Maybe but the third world market is selling mainly to that market…
And those fans aren’t bringing money to any club

I bet most on here would absolutely love it. They’d probably get a semi. The fact that people have convinced themselves that the stadium being called “the Tottenham Hotspur stadium” is more valuable than having actual money from a sponsor speaks volumes. I’m not his biggest fan but it would be very churlish to argue he hasn’t done many great things for us. But it’s almost like his fans just can’t accept when we get things wrong they have to go to such weird lengths to defend him 😂

Unnecessary dig mate .. we get it, some people think Levy has done a good job, some think he's literally the devil

Have a reasonable conversation
- Would a stadium sponsorship of £15-£20M/year help? = sure
- If it's so obvious, why do only 6 teams in the PL have stadium sponsorship, and only 2 of the top teams? (United the best team in the world in off field commercials, no sponsor)

I'm sure it will be a slap on the wrist .. and a fine

He's no longer connected to us, was surprised to actually see a couple of media reporting it correctly as "ex-Spurs"
He’ll be suspended from boardrooms too I should think.

It would be interesting to know how the finances are split/structured between clubs and the manufacturers

Its not substantial in terms of Shirts sold. The substantial part is the front loaded payment, we took 30m a year (reported) which over 15 years is a substantial figure. The manufacture will then take the bulk of shirt profit as they carry the burden of the majority of distribution be it direct or through a network of shops. Our kickback would (at a guess) be 5%-10% of sales, 10% being generous IMO.

Back