• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Or not even for laughs. 22 years building us up, fighting the financial cheats.

I note a 20km stretch of the A52 linking Derby and Nottingham has been renamed the Brian Clough Way.
Maybe we should rename the Seven Sisters Road the Daniel Levy Way?
it would be impossible to negotiate with.....the traffic......

I'll get my coat.

I notice that quite a lot of clubs don’t have sponsorship deals for their stadiums. Or maybe they do and I just don’t know about it. It not like we’re unique or derelict on that front.

Perhaps it’s simply a case of the corporates just not stumping up enough cash to be worth it and the club would rather use the opportunity to spread the name of the club far and wide.

It is an interesting discussion

- In both Pl and across top European leagues, the sponsorship percentage is the same, 30% across 98 clubs ..
- American football is closer to 80%

I do think the amount of sponsorship in sport plus heritage aspect does have an effect but 30% vs. 80% is an interesting gap.

The arse have the Emirates name until 2028. I wonder if they would consider another name if offered a better deal

when you look at our overall business, we're still a long way short of the true "big boys":

Look at shirt sales for instance in 2022:

1707302686915.png

we're a long, long way behind in terms of desirability and brand recognition world wide, as are City surprisingly.

For reference globally Real and Barca do about 1,8m shirts.

Attachments

• 1707303166621.png
    1707303166621.png
    52 KB · Views: 4
The arse have the Emirates name until 2028. I wonder if they would consider another name if offered a better deal
I'd guess it would be hard for Arsenal to get a large new sponsorship to replace Emirates. The stadium is too associated with the name, which probably gives Emirates an advantage in renewal negotiations. The real draw is putting the name on a new stadium, with the associated publicity on opening, and it diminishes after that. We may have missed the boat for the new stadium, but the biggest deals in the US seem in the $30-40m pa range, which is quite small compared to our current revenues. It's may not be as significant as it might have been when the new stadium plans were first mooted.

Whether intentional or not, using Tottenham Hotspur Stadium does spread the name of the club. Even if the average NFL doesn't know what a Tottenham Hotspur is, they might remember the name. And any attempt to land an NFL team is probably made easier without a stadium sponsor.

when you look at our overall business, we're still a long way short of the true "big boys":

View attachment 16755

we're a long, long way behind in terms of desirability and brand recognition world wide, as are City surprisingly.

We are but I imagine we stand alone with non football related revenue. Diversification of business and not relying on football money seems the way forward. This window alone demonstrates that IMo

We are but I imagine we stand alone with non football related revenue. Diversification of business and not relying on football money seems the way forward. This window alone demonstrates that

View attachment 16755

I’d loce to know where that data comes from

Also we did a different deal for our shirts where we get a % of the sales

Most clubs don’t and take a bigger up front payment

I'd guess it would be hard for Arsenal to get a large new sponsorship to replace Emirates. The stadium is too associated with the name, which probably gives Emirates an advantage in renewal negotiations. The real draw is putting the name on a new stadium, with the associated publicity on opening, and it diminishes after that. We may have missed the boat for the new stadium, but the biggest deals in the US seem in the $30-40m pa range, which is quite small compared to our current revenues. It's may not be as significant as it might have been when the new stadium plans were first mooted.

Whether intentional or not, using Tottenham Hotspur Stadium does spread the name of the club. Even if the average NFL doesn't know what a Tottenham Hotspur is, they might remember the name. And any attempt to land an NFL team is probably made easier without a stadium sponsor.
I hope that Levy is holding out fir the NFL team because then we can get a massive pay out.

View attachment 16755

We really got to find a good Chinese or Indian footballer. The is billions of those people.

View attachment 16755

Shirt sales is separate from overall commercial business, United is a monster in commercials

City's shirt sales (allegedly) are not real, another one of those "order for x number of shirts from a middle east source" bs.

Some interesting data points comparing total units to income (us at £50/unit, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at £19/unit, Scum at £79, United at £41), not sure it's accurate, thats almost a 4X variation from bottom to top.

Shirt sales is separate from overall commercial business, United is a monster in commercials

City's shirt sales (allegedly) are not real, another one of those "order for x number of shirts from a middle east source" bs.

Some interesting data points comparing total units to income (us at £50/unit, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at £19/unit, Scum at £79, United at £41), not sure it's accurate, thats almost a 4X variation from bottom to top.

I think I've found the smoking gun: https://www.space.com/mountain-discarded-clothes-chile-satellite-photo

View attachment 16755

I find it hard to believe Real and Barca don't outsell Chelsea!!

Back