• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Not if his performances tank and he's got no sell on value with high wages. I do not want our club to take an all or nothing, one win then back to mediocrity approach.

Maybe that’s a big reason why clubs like Liverpool win things and we don’t. They take calculated risks on transfers, some pay off, some don’t whereas we are far more concerned with the business side of things than the football side which is why we all support the club after all. I’d be surprised if anyone on here started following Spurs because we were the best run or had the best balance sheet.

That's not how it works.

Every £ spent on him is a £ that can't be spent elsewhere. I'm sure they'd love to have got a player 90% as good for 50% of the fee - that way they could have started spending on the rebuild they so obviously need.
Who cares? Every top club overpays on some players and gets bargains on other players, they sold Coutinho for far more than they bought him it - all balances itself out.
At the end of the day they got quality players who helped them win trophies wherever they overpaid what was market value or not. We have overpaid on players who havent even ended up being any good:D...

Yes, but just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean its not stupid.

Clubs bankrolled by criminals shouldn't be spending 100m on one player, let alone clubs like us who have to use real money.

No mate I agree. I dont think the long term benefit for any club is to spend vast fortunes on players, that's why I don't lose my head of fees, seen too many expensive flops across the game to see it as a be all and end all strategy. We have had greater success the other way (till now) as now are the other clubs that are taking a more strategic view to it all

Two of the top spending clubs in the league last year were long term PL teams who were tanked and were in relegation fights, we were in the top 4 and we tanked a season after we had fairly increased spending before.

It's most certainly one of the trends in football now that there is much more focus, excitement and emphasis about fees and transfers from fans than there probably should be. That's why so many lose their heads with it all summer.

No mate I agree. I dont think the long term benefit for any club is to spend vast fortunes on players, that's why I don't lose my head of fees, seen too many expensive flops across the game to see it as a be all and end all strategy. We have had greater success the other way (till now) as now are the other clubs that are taking a more strategic view to it all

Two of the top spending clubs in the league last year were long term PL teams who were tanked and were in relegation fights, we were in the top 4 and we tanked a season after we had fairly increased spending before.

It's most certainly one of the trends in football now that there is much more focus, excitement and emphasis about fees and transfers from fans than there probably should be. That's why so many lose their heads with it all summer.

Indeed, and what's ignited this is discussion today is that idea that somehow the breaking of an arbitrary number can be used as a stick to beat the ownership with.

Is that who you covet? No I was thinking more along the lines of:

Jesus, Zinchenko, Jorginho etc.
Fair enough. Personally I prefer Kulu, Bentancur and Bissouma. But each to their own.

On another note, I have really high hopes for Sarr. His potential ceiling is huge. With the right development and a bit of luck he could become a really good player and would be an astute clever under the radar signing

Maybe that’s a big reason why clubs like Liverpool win things and we don’t. They take calculated risks on transfers, some pay off, some don’t whereas we are far more concerned with the business side of things than the football side which is why we all support the club after all. I’d be surprised if anyone on here started following Spurs because we were the best run or had the best balance sheet.
Liverpool take the same kind of risks we do, their turnover is just much higher than ours. They also got lucky by managing to sell Coutinho for 10x his value.

That turnover gap, BTW, is something that ENIC have done a very good job of closing, allowing our risks to become closer to those Liverpool can take.

Who cares? Every top club overpays on some players and gets bargains on other players, they sold Coutinho for far more than they bought him it - all balances itself out.
At the end of the day they got quality players who helped them win trophies wherever they overpaid what was market value or not. We have overpaid on players who havent even ended up being any good:D...
So we've taken risks as well then. So everyone's whining about nothing.

So we've taken risks as well then. So everyone's whining about nothing.
Exactly! Seems a thing on here to comment on other clubs apparently overpaying for players as if we don't. I would happily see us overpay on a couple of players who are genuine quality and would really improve us. The facts are no matter whether they are overpaying for Rice or not they are acquiring a player who is quality and will strengthen them and their spending will not end there....

Exactly! Seems a thing on here to comment on other clubs apparently overpaying for players as if we don't. I would happily see us overpay on a couple of players who are genuine quality and would really improve us. The facts are no matter whether they are overpaying for Rice or not they are acquiring a player who is quality and will strengthen them and their spending will not end there....

I predict we will also (continue) to acquire players who are quality and will strengthen us and our spending will not stop there.

Liverpool take the same kind of risks we do, their turnover is just much higher than ours. They also got lucky by managing to sell Coutinho for 10x his value.

That turnover gap, BTW, is something that ENIC have done a very good job of closing, allowing our risks to become closer to those Liverpool can take.

That’s the idea :D get as much for your players as possible. We have absolutely rinsed clubs for some of our players. Their recruitment after they sold Coutinho was excellent. Compared to how we spent the money we got for Bale….well, we wasted most of it. Eriksen being the only surefire success story.

That’s the idea :D get as much for your players as possible. We have absolutely rinsed clubs for some of our players. Their recruitment after they sold Coutinho was excellent. Compared to how we spent the money we got for Bale….well, we wasted most of it. Eriksen being the only surefire success story.
Go and wash your fudging mouth out.

Then beg forgiveness from Lamela's entire family.

Although the rest of their spending will be limited because of that purchase. An extra £60m could go a long way.

So say for arguments sake, we get taken over by a Qatari billionaire, with us being financially sound and well ran, how much could we spend in 1 summer whilst staying within FFP?

So say for arguments sake, we get taken over by a Qatari billionaire, with us being financially sound and well ran, how much could we spend in 1 summer whilst staying within FFP?

Spending rules for ueafa are 90% of turnover can be spent on wages + amortisation + agents fees. This year (jan to dec). 80% next year. 70% year after.

Premier league are looking to bring in similar rules.

Spending rules for ueafa are 90% of turnover can be spent on wages + amortisation + agents fees. This year (jan to dec). 80% next year. 70% year after.

Premier league are looking to bring in similar rules.
So knowing our luck, we will get taken over by a Billionaire when they are not allowed to spend any money. So sexy.

Fair enough. Personally I prefer Kulu, Bentancur and Bissouma. But each to their own.

On another note, I have really high hopes for Sarr. His potential ceiling is huge. With the right development and a bit of luck he could become a really good player and would be an astute clever under the radar signing

You say under the radar I say lucky dip.

Dredged up from the wishing wellspring of hope where we have been casting our net.

Back