• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I guess I interpret that as we won’t buy difference makers
But difference makers come in all shapes and sizes and ages. (As our signings over the years have proven)

But the coach has to be prepared to coach a few up.

And I don't think that has been sprung on him. He's saying this is different to his past.

The thing to remember is you could buy 4 £60m players and still finish 5th in this league. Probably not so in Italy, Germany France Spain. So there is still a requirement to be smart as missing CL money can start to hurt. So we can buy players that will become that level and let's not forget still buy some for circa £50m.

the biggest difference makers we've had in recent years were signed young, for low fees, or in the case of Kane, no fee at all, Bale, Modric, Walker, Verts, Lennon, Erkisen

I've probably forgotten someone obvious

that's what we need to get back to
But they were difference makers from Europa to Champions League and once they saw they have reached their ceiling with us either leave or want to leave

the difference makes for a title challenging/ cl competing is something else
Hence as you rightly point out ENIC’s approach hasn’t changed and I don’t see us breaking that glass ceiling anytime soon

Last edited:
No because others either believe they are doing well or believe their strategy will bear fruit. I don’t

I also don’t think I’m alone in wanting what exists to succeed rather than want change unless truly required( I also think it’s unlikely to happen given the valuation wanted and tend to think perhaps external investment is a mutual comporomise)
But again I find it odd that you think this is unusual.
Shouldn’t the overriding factor be that whoever is at the helm of the club wether that be players, managers or owners you would rather they succeed because if they fail inevitably that means the club is failing?

stange that you actually think this is out of the ordinary

If you don't think it will bear fruit why on earth are you not wanting new owners?

There is just speculation

the only point we could agree on is that once he had a choice between ourselves and pool he would choose Pool.

no one knows at what point he had that choice and if we had a realistic chance before that.
From what I read it sounds like we had and didn’t take it( which to me seems a common theme in ENIC’s reign), you don’t I assume and think it would have been Liverpool regardless

As I understand it, your scenario is the case. Also, our failure to speak directly with his agent/work with Mendes apparently cost us too.

If you don't think it will bear fruit why on earth are you not wanting new owners?
Sorry are you being deliberately obtuse?
I would rather they succeed, I dont think they will
I would like to see how Conte will pan out, I think it’s ENIC’s last chance saloon to an extent
Perhaps after that my perspective would change. I also think it’s unlikely at the valuation of the club that anyone will buy the club and why o said external investment may be a likely compromise.

I’m sure yet again you will find something to pick out

Sorry are you being deliberately obtuse?
I would rather they succeed, I dont think they will
I would like to see how Conte will pan out, I think it’s ENIC’s last chance saloon to an extent
Perhaps after that my perspective would change. I also think it’s unlikely at the valuation of the club that anyone will buy the club and why o said external investment may be a likely compromise.

I’m sure yet again you will find something to pick out

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm just getting mixed messages from the posts of yours that i have read - i thought it was a pretty safe assumption that you wanted a change in owners so used that as a starting point in my post earlier, you then corrected me and said you didn't want new owners but went on to say you didn't think we'd progress further than where we are under them and also that where we are is unacceptable to you - It's all quite conflicting imo, but never mind

But Conte didn't get the players he wanted, which must he why he started both today.
I don't think the claim was ever that Conte didn't want them, just that Dias was the primary target for the right hand side and potentially he wanted more than the 2 we got in. Not my argument bit that's the sense of it that I've seen.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

It would be very interesting to see the development of the ENIC N17 property portfolio since they arrived, complete with all numbers...

Indeed, look at the end of the day we may disagree on what's going on at the club nut those that don't share my opinion want the same as me ... Spurs being the top of the pile winning and dominating ... anything else is submission for the weak

I don't think the claim was ever that Conte didn't want them, just that Dias was the primary target for the right hand side and potentially he wanted more than the 2 we got in. Not my argument bit that's the sense of it that I've seen.

And we had a bid accepted for Diaz (looks like he will do well in the league), but a bigger team who are doing better than us came in and he decided to go there instead.

should we not have bothered trying to sign him?

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm just getting mixed messages from the posts of yours that i have read - i thought it was a pretty safe assumption that you wanted a change in owners so used that as a starting point in my post earlier, you then corrected me and said you didn't want new owners but went on to say you didn't think we'd progress further than where we are under them and also that where we are is unacceptable to you - It's all quite conflicting imo, but never mind
Not really

saying the owners aren’t doing a good job doesn’t equate to wanting new owners, firstly I have no idea who a new owner would be and what they would bring to the club

Let’s use Nuno as an example as our manager, I knew his time was up and I wanted him gone but I also knew that Conte was available and would be my preferred choice. Luckily the club saw that to

Who would the new owners be? Is anyone out there to meet ENIC’s valuation, the first is an unknown unless we delve into the fanciful of a Bezos or a Musk somehow being discovering a long hidden affinity for Tottenham, the second is unlikely given the valuation.

With all that uncertainty I don’t see why it’s such a stretch to hope that the we thrive under ENIC ( as unlikely as I see it)

also the possibility of say someone like the Saudis taking over doesn’t sit well with me due to the well documented reasons we al know. Wether my moral compass outweighs my desire for Spurs to do well is still an unknown really.

There’s all sorts of shades of grey rather than a black and white of ENIC in or ENIC out as I see it.

If there was a genuine better and more certain alternative rather than just fanciful notitons then yes I would want new owners but the fact is there isn’t.

Not having that long doesn’t stop me from being of the opinion that ENIC aren’t doing a great job currently and are unlikely to improve

Last edited:
And we had a bid accepted for Diaz (looks like he will do well in the league), but a bigger team who are doing better than us came in and he decided to go there instead.

I don’t think anyone is saying we shouldn’t have bothered nor that when pool came in he wouldn’t move there

it’s the what happened in between where views differ and many believe ( not know) that ENIC’s dithering may have cost us

I don’t think anyone is saying we shouldn’t have bothered nor that when pool came in he wouldn’t move there

it’s the what happened in between where views differ and many believe ( not know) that ENIC’s dithering may have cost us
Maybe
Maybe not
What we do know is that his agent had an agreement with Liverpool that any deal would be shared with them
What can enic do in that situation?

Maybe
Maybe not
What we do know is that his agent had an agreement with Liverpool that any deal would be shared with them
What can enic do in that situation?
Do we?

Other reports state we had an agreement
He went off to Colombia and we got mendes involved.

Tbh this will go round the houses
I certainly think it’s very much in the bounds of possibility that ENIC dithered, others don’t.

Do we?

Other reports state we had an agreement
He went off to Colombia and we got mendes involved.

Tbh this will go round the houses
I certainly think it’s very much in the bounds of possibility that ENIC dithered, others don’t.
I don’t think we dithered
I think we agreed a fee
He went off and his agent then went to Pool and said you need to act quick as spurs have come in

As I said it's not my argument so [emoji2369]

I would personally go for whomever you think you can get, some will come off some won't...

As I said it's not my argument so [emoji2369]

I would personally go for whomever you think you can get, some will come off some won't...

If we hadn’t gone for him…. No one would know or care
We should go for more players who we “may” get as you say

You've heard of Daniel Levy, but have you heard of...

Screenshot_20220128-033954~2.png

Give me this Levy as our chairman and I think I'd complain a lot less, tbh. :p

Back