• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Clive Allen co-commentating when I watched sundays said Ade was training with the youth team.
He said that Ade worked really hard during the International break (youth team trains with the remaining players) and AVB decided he earned his place on the bench.

I think its just that he's very tall and Allen's eyesight has gone

Have to admire you for sticking to your principles. You must really hate the guy, I'm not sure I have ever reached the point where I've hated a Spurs player enough to boycott a game.
I'll admit after Ghaly threw his shirt down a few seasons back I was furious, but I didnt get to that stage.

Now, if we ever signed Joey Barton or Charlie Adam I may well have a big decision to make. Sign them both and I'd be off..

Being honest, for me it's been coming. Just not enjoying it all like I used to. Since we had our little boy my focus has changed quite a bit. My main gripe with him is that he does not care for the fans that pay his wages, we are it seems just a by product that helps pay his wages. What broke the camels back for me was him basically sitting and waiting for his new contract and acting like he was the African Pele. He then missed pretty much all of preseason and once he decided to agree his contract he then turned into the player we saw last season, someone that had his contract and didn't give a ****. All the periferal stuff that has gone on around him pretty much just sums him up. His passionate pleas regarding his brother basically for me fell on death ears and I couldn't care less really. Rooney is exactly the same.. He can fook off too. I also detest brand Beckham. His knighthood this Christmas makes me puke a little in my mouth when it's brought up.

Anyway, I know I shouldn't but I'm hoping secretly he gets injured against Tromso if he plays which puts him out until January.

The irony of people wanting AVB out yet wanting this qunt playing makes me cry a little inside.

This one?

fanscity.gif

one of the greatest GIFts to mankind…

Yes, yellow shirt is good, but so is Ian McShane hippy boy who comes piling through from the back screaming all sorts...

Would be nice to see Adebayor celebrating a goal like this in front of the away fans at the Etihad today...

[video=dailymotion;xagtn3]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xagtn3_adebayor-v-arsenal-goal-celebration_sport[/video]

It remains a marvelous, marvelous moment...

Was really annoyed Adebayor wasted that one-on-one chance against ManCity. I think Adebayor would have become a great player if he can score those one-on-one chances and worked harder.

one of the greatest GIFts to mankind…

Yes, yellow shirt is good, but so is Ian McShane hippy boy who comes piling through from the back screaming all sorts...

I wonder if people would still be supportive of him if that goal celebration had never happened. :lol:

Was really annoyed Adebayor wasted that one-on-one chance against ManCity. I think Adebayor would have become a great player if he can score those one-on-one chances and worked harder.

If it is the one I'm thining about it was tricky one. Quite a narrow angle and on his left foot. Hit it first time with your left foot (if you are right footed) and the ball is probably going to curl away from the goal a bit. So he tried to shift it onto his right and missed the opportunity. If you are left footed you can lace it straight at the goal or even hit it with the outside of your boot, not so easy for a right footer though.

From http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/17/tim-sherwood-tottenham-west-ham-capital-one-cup

His treatment of Emmanuel Adebayor left the Togolese and his teammates bewildered. Adebayor had travelled to Hong Kong with the squad in pre-season only to learn of the death of his brother and, unsurprisingly, allowed it to affect his attitude. When Villas-Boas was made aware of the situation, he gave his blessing to the club's decision to grant the striker compassionate leave. But when Adebayor returned to work, he was sent to train with the reserves.

Villas-Boas felt that Adebayor's fitness, which was behind the other first-team players, who had moved onto a different programme, would be better improved with the reserves. There was logic to the theory yet little human feeling.

Thereafter, when Adebayor returned to the first-team group, it felt to him as though Villas-Boas was always looking for a reason not to play him, despite the clamour from Baldini and sections of the squad for him to switch to two up front. Adebayor, who has appeared only once this season – as a substitute in the 6-0 defeat at Emirates Marketing Project – is among the squad's best-paid players. Levy came to have a problem with that.

I shared with a few people a couple of months ago that I had heard AVB had said that Adebayor would never start in a team he picked. I had long given up on Ade being brought back, indeed, his sub appearance at City shocked me. I think many people could see the benefits his inclusion would've brought for Soldado, even playing off the left of a three behind the striker. It is one of the blind-spots which obviously hurt AVB, there again, he never wanted him in the first place as he was always nervous about his attitude...

I shared with a few people a couple of months ago that I had heard AVB had said that Adebayor would never start in a team he picked. I had long given up on Ade being brought back, indeed, his sub appearance at City shocked me. I think many people could see the benefits his inclusion would've brought for Soldado, even playing off the left of a three behind the striker. It is one of the blind-spots which obviously hurt AVB, there again, he never wanted him in the first place as he was always nervous about his attitude...

Ade was at the club before AVB though, wasn't he?

Just another excuse for AVB. Either he didn't want him and should have stood firm on who he did want, or he acquiesced in his acquisition and then singularly failed to get hardly any decent performances from a guy with proven qualities at this level. Either way, I blame this entirely on AVB.

Just another excuse for AVB. Either he didn't want him and should have stood firm on who he did want, or he acquiesced in his acquisition and then singularly failed to get hardly any decent performances from a guy with proven qualities at this level. Either way, I blame this entirely on AVB.

I'm not disagreeing that he mis-managed this situation, I'm just saying what I know/knew...

his talent for falling out with key players is immense. Ade - when we are screaming out for him, BAE how many goals has that decision cost us - plus we had last season to see that when benny was injured.

All the jockeys at chelski - but hey guess what all those he was falling out with won the CL

im veering o/t now but what is with the guy???

would love to see Ade in some kind of 4 4 1 1 set up

From http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/17/tim-sherwood-tottenham-west-ham-capital-one-cup

His treatment of Emmanuel Adebayor left the Togolese and his teammates bewildered. Adebayor had travelled to Hong Kong with the squad in pre-season only to learn of the death of his brother and, unsurprisingly, allowed it to affect his attitude. When Villas-Boas was made aware of the situation, he gave his blessing to the club's decision to grant the striker compassionate leave. But when Adebayor returned to work, he was sent to train with the reserves.

Villas-Boas felt that Adebayor's fitness, which was behind the other first-team players, who had moved onto a different programme, would be better improved with the reserves. There was logic to the theory yet little human feeling.

Thereafter, when Adebayor returned to the first-team group, it felt to him as though Villas-Boas was always looking for a reason not to play him, despite the clamour from Baldini and sections of the squad for him to switch to two up front. Adebayor, who has appeared only once this season – as a substitute in the 6-0 defeat at Emirates Marketing Project – is among the squad's best-paid players. Levy came to have a problem with that.

this for scara. rumours none the less but just as much hypothetical as suggesting adebayor kept on faking injury before games so he didnt play

Back