• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Rubbish, it's about character and Ade has none, Lampard played an important game a few days after his mum died, Ade does not even make the effort to keep himself fit, he takes the ****.

You work in HR, don't you?

Palacios didnt play for the rest of the season after he found out about his brother did he?

I remember Defoe also missing a game when his brother died.

DAT LACK OF CHARACTER AT SPURS.

Yes Defoe missed one game how is that comparable to Adebayor who has missed dozens.

Wow.. Can't even respond to that.. His brother dies and you expect him to still focus on football?

That's laughable.

Is particularly irrelevant what Lampard did. As different people react differently.

And when he was weeks late back from the ANC also when he turned up for his second season for us totally unfit.

Has Adebayor actually had a pre-season with us? Why play someone who isn't fit?

That is my point good Pro's don't let fitness levels drop dramatically end of season, he has had problems wherever he has played, internationally, Arsenal, City, Madrid, AVB is massive on team spirit Ade does not fit that criteria, I am talking about attitude here not ability, I know it's a changing world but when I think of him compared to say Perryman it makes me weep.

That is my point good Pro's don't let fitness levels drop dramatically end of season, he has had problems wherever he has played, internationally, Arsenal, City, Madrid, AVB is massive on team spirit Ade does not fit that criteria, I am talking about attitude here not ability, I know it's a changing world but when I think of him compared to say Perryman it makes me weep.

My humble advice would be to not ever bother comparing any modern Spurs to the likes of Stevie P, Garry Mabbutt, Pat Jennings...come on mate. With a comparison like that you are obviously 100% right, but that goes for most of them!

Wow.. Can't even respond to that.. His brother dies and you expect him to still focus on football?

That's laughable.

Is particularly irrelevant what Lampard did. As different people react differently.

Tbh i automatically think posters that make comments similar to what Jimmy has made live a sheltered life and haven't gone through any/much personal tragedy.

Tbh i automatically think posters that make comments similar to what Jimmy has made live a sheltered life and haven't gone through any/much personal tragedy.

Everyone has tragedy that is life, I certainly have not lead a sheltered life, as a matter of fact exactly the opposite lol, he is a public fiqure and he has the hopes of ten of thousands resting on him every week he is also bloody well paid for it, I tell you what lets give him a clean slate from when he decides to honour us with his presence and see how long it takes for him to disappoint again.

My humble advice would be to not ever bother comparing any modern Spurs to the likes of Stevie P, Garry Mabbutt, Pat Jennings...come on mate. With a comparison like that you are obviously 100% right, but that goes for most of them!

Steff, one word "honour" without it you are worth nothing in my eyes ( this is getting deep ).

Everyone has tragedy that is life, I certainly have not lead a sheltered life, as a matter of fact exactly the opposite lol, he is a public fiqure and he has the hopes of ten of thousands resting on him every week he is also bloody well paid for it, I tell you what lets give him a clean slate from when he decides to honour us with his presence and see how long it takes for him to disappoint again.

I don't think you can measure responses to 'personal tragedy' with wealth or expectation. Sometimes poor religious people handle it better because of their beliefs (I speak from knowledge) - Expecting Ade to do better because he has fans and has a lot of money is misguided IMO. That is - if I am reading your post correctly.

I don't think you can measure responses to 'personal tragedy' with wealth or expectation. Sometimes poor religious people handle it better because of their beliefs (I speak from knowledge) - Expecting Ade to do better because he has fans and has a lot of money is misguided IMO. That is - if I am reading your post correctly.

I was not equating personal tragedy will wealth, the loss of loved ones unexpectedly is incomparable but we all will or have to go through this at some time, as for Ade doing well I would be quite happy if he just turned up now and again.

Milo I cannot be bothered to look that up but he came back later than he should, he is unreliable to say the least.

I think you are being harsh criticising him for taking time to deal with the death of his brother as people grieve in different ways, but I agree 100% about the unrealiable part. I honestly don't think he has the hunger to be a top player.

His brother died over two months ago, you can bet he never kept his fitness levels up, I repeat what I posted earlier, when he finally comes back lets see how long before some other reason stops him from playing.

I am withdrawing from any more posts on this subject because you lot are giving me a conscience.

His brother died over two months ago, you can bet he never kept his fitness levels up, I repeat what I posted earlier, when he finally comes back lets see how long before some other reason stops him from playing.

Well there's no African Nations this season so really nothing to stop him or interrupt his rhythm.

I would have to agree with you there..

His brother died, i have no idea how close he was to his brother, I can't guess how long it would take him to get over something like that, let alone judge him for not playing football whilst he does.

After all, football is just a game at the end of the day.

He's a controversial figure, I can understand the 'he should keep himself fit pre-season' and the 'he's not been consistent (though i think he's just had two consistent years, one consistently good and one consistently not), but the 'he should play football when his relatives die' takes the biscuit really.

There would be nothing to be gained by attempting to 'force' him to come back and play for us, it would likely just lead to massive issues between the player and AVB/whoever told him to come back.

Last edited:
Back