• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

[/B]

lol, you just have to be a social worker, in the real world with his lack of commitment and effort he would be unemployable, I do hope that you are right but I doubt it, he is the original bad apple.

That's not true. I've met plenty of teachers with almost as little commitment as Ade*. I'll bet a fair chunk of the Royal Mail and tube staff could give him a run for his money too.

* I say almost because whilst they don't care, they do at least either turn up or pretend to be sick.

How do you know that we are not already playing his preferred system? Maybe it is just taking a little time to settle.

Why would we pay £26m for a 28 year old striker and then expect him to change his game? I'd have presumed that we knew what we were buying, his style of play and his strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway on Ade, I hope he comes back and plays a big part for us. A brilliant player on his day who offers something that none of our other strikers can. I hope he has plenty of those days with is this season

+1

The lad has given us one great season and one poor one. He's about even on my mind for the moment, hopefully he can regain his early form for us.

[/B]

lol, you just have to be a social worker, in the real world with his lack of commitment and effort he would be unemployable, I do hope that you are right but I doubt it, he is the original bad apple.

Well I'm not, so there you go.

As others have said, he's had one good season and one bad one. I don't see a problem with hoping that our manager can get the best out of him.

I'm agnostic about Ade. I wouldn't have been bothered if we sold and replaced him in the summer but seeming as we are picking up his wages until at least January, we might as well try and make best use of him.

Well I'm not, so there you go.

As others have said, he's had one good season and one bad one. I don't see a problem with hoping that our manager can get the best out of him.

I'm agnostic about Ade. I wouldn't have been bothered if we sold and replaced him in the summer but seeming as we are picking up his wages until at least January, we might as well try and make best use of him.

His ability is not in doubt , but he's hardly a team player and never seems to be fit, the annoying thing is that he could so easily be a top player.

Re: Official - Adebayor

His ability is not in doubt , but he's hardly a team player and never seems to be fit, the annoying thing is that he could so easily be a top player.

I'd argue that when he is on form, he is very much a team player. The question is can AVB and the coaching staff get him back to the top of his game?

I'd argue that when he is on form, he is very much a team player. The question is can AVB and the coaching staff get him back to the top of his game?

Being a team player is about turning up and making yourself available and fit for selection, encouraging other players and before all putting the team above yourself, he has done none of these also out of the several games he decides to play in a season he is poor in most, he is definitely not a team player Milo.

1 very good season I would say rather than great.

I do not know where the line go between very good and great.
However, Ade did have the second best goal ratio for us in the Premier League era just after one Jürgen Klinsmann.
And he was the first player in european top leagues that season to go past double figures in both goals and assists, I believe no other of the high scoring players were close to his total amount of assists.

There's an extremely good player in there, or at least a very unique combination of football skills and physical capability.

Ade seem to be well liked by the other players,
he's saying all the right stuff at the moment - all about the team and getting fit.
While AVB say he doesn't want to loan him out and that he's back training with the first team again.
Fingers crossed, we're paying massive wages to him after all, would be good to see some return on it.

Being a team player is about turning up and making yourself available and fit for selection, encouraging other players and before all putting the team above yourself, he has done none of these also out of the several games he decides to play in a season he is poor in most, he is definitely not a team player Milo.

Are you talking about his most recent absence from our squad? In that case did you see the post from Gutter Boy a couple of pages back about how AVB handled a personal tragedy Hulk went through whilst AVB was managing Porto?

If you're talking about the ACN situation, how much of that have you read about? Ade has gotten a lot of undue criticism for that I think.

Last season I can accept that he was poor in most of his games as a fair description. During his first season that would be a totally unfair description imo.

Are you talking about his most recent absence from our squad? In that case did you see the post from Gutter Boy a couple of pages back about how AVB handled a personal tragedy Hulk went through whilst AVB was managing Porto?

If you're talking about the ACN situation, how much of that have you read about? Ade has gotten a lot of undue criticism for that I think.

Last season I can accept that he was poor in most of his games as a fair description. During his first season that would be a totally unfair description imo.

I would like to know how many games we have participated in during the time he has been on our books (both spells) and how many he has made his self available for, he is like the invisible man, what really ****es me off is the fact we are paying him.

AVB said in his most recent Spurs TV interview (the one in Russia) that Ade has only just rejoined the squad and started training back to full fitness.

I really don't believe that there is as big a conspiracy here as people are determined to make out. He had a horrendous personal tragedy, AVB told him to take as much time as he felt he needed, he did and now he's back.

Not undue at all I think. He behaved like a selfish p*at, and with Defoe injured, left us in the lurch for purely selfish reasons.

I do not know where the line go between very good and great.
However, Ade did have the second best goal ratio for us in the Premier League era just after one Jürgen Klinsmann.
And he was the first player in european top leagues that season to go past double figures in both goals and assists, I believe no other of the high scoring players were close to his total amount of assists.

There's an extremely good player in there, or at least a very unique combination of football skills and physical capability.

First half of the season I would say he was great absolutely, but he really should have scored 20+ goals minimum with the players around him that he had.

AVB said in his most recent Spurs TV interview (the one in Russia) that Ade has only just rejoined the squad and started training back to full fitness.

I really don't believe that there is as big a conspiracy here as people are determined to make out. He had a horrendous personal tragedy, AVB told him to take as much time as he felt he needed, he did and now he's back.

Sadly you will learn mate that logic of the sort you've just displayed (rational, reasonable, etc) has no truck in threads such as these for some...opinions are set, dies are cast, villains are identified and that is that. For what it's worth, I think the manager and player are both professional enough to work together and make something of the season they will spend together, thus I agree, he's doing it right.

Sadly you will learn mate that logic of the sort you've just displayed (rational, reasonable, etc) has no truck in threads such as these for some...opinions are set, dies are cast, villains are identified and that is that. For what it's worth, I think the manager and player are both professional enough to work together and make something of the season they will spend together, thus I agree, he's doing it right.

Rubbish, it's about character and Ade has none, Lampard played an important game a few days after his mum died, Ade does not even make the effort to keep himself fit, he takes the ****.

Rubbish, it's about character and Ade has none, Lampard played an important game a few days after his mum died, Ade does not even make the effort to keep himself fit, he takes the ****.

Wow.. Can't even respond to that.. His brother dies and you expect him to still focus on football?

That's laughable.

Is particularly irrelevant what Lampard did. As different people react differently.

Last edited:

Palacios didnt play for the rest of the season after he found out about his brother did he?

I remember Defoe also missing a game when his brother died.

DAT LACK OF CHARACTER AT SPURS.

Back