• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Im just saying when you only have 1 fit striker, that maybe keeping a striker who has a 1 in 2.5 record and is on 100k a week as an option is maybe not the worse idea ever

The fact that he's on 100k a week is the biggest reason to get rid. His goal ratio is quite pointless as half the time he's been here he has either made himself unavailable or been completely useless.

I get the feeling the smartarse has it all planned out that this season, he's going to have his feet up, smoking his sheesha with his buddies and then next season move on to a much lower level which pays mega bucks.

I think he's probably already got something sorted for 2016-17 and onwards, maybe in the Middle East or China.

Last edited:
The fact that he's on 100k a week is the biggest reason to get rid. His goal ratio is quite pointless as half the time he's been here he has either made himself unavailable or been completely useless.

I know it doesnt fit the narrative, however what do you mean his goal ratio is pointless as he has been unavailable. Plus i think its more been we have made him unavailable rather than the other way around. Infact goal ratio is more impressive if you took into account he probably has never got a long run of games (for whatever reason)

His goalscoring ratio doesnt count as he was unavailable or useless (weird logic that)

I think peoples hate rightly or wrongly makes it pointless to have a discussion. Im just not sure what paying him 100k to do nothing achieves.

I know it doesnt fit the narrative, however what do you mean his goal ratio is pointless as he has been unavailable. Plus i think its more been we have made him unavailable rather than the other way around. Infact goal ratio is more impressive if you took into account he probably has never got a long run of games (for whatever reason)

His goalscoring ratio doesnt count as he was unavailable or useless (weird logic that)

I think peoples hate rightly or wrongly makes it pointless to have a discussion. Im just not sure what paying him 100k to do nothing achieves.

It's no point having a good goalscoring ratio if you're AWOL or unable to play for a multitude of other reasons. He's also a very streaky player. Most of his goals under Sherwood came in a two month spell, after that he was quite poor.

at the end of the season can we have an award for most likely poster who would be 'most likely sit in a room to try to convince people that this mass murderer is a nice person and has feelings award'.

It's no point having a good goalscoring ratio if you're AWOL or unable to play for a multitude of other reasons. He's also a very streaky player. Most of his goals under Sherwood came in a two month spell, after that he was quite poor.

I just dont think we have managed the whole situation very well. We are desperately short up front and we are paying 100k a week for a striker who is capable of covering in a emergency to train with the kids. Sherwood for all his faults showed it is possible to integrate Ade.

If Levy gets somebody to pay all his wages its nothing short of a miracle when the manager has come out and said he isnt part of his plans. Even if Ade agreed to join xxxx id be waiting until last day of the window calling levy and saying well you pay half his wages. Which then drags this saga out longer than anybody wants.

The only thing we dont know is what is happening behind closed doors, maybe the whole deal has gone through, maybe Kane and Lloris have said we want him out of the squad.

imcallingbullsh*t...............

If our EL group has a Norwegian team and maybe a team from Belarus in it, do you think Adebayor will make himself available for the away trips if Poch selects him to the squad ?

I'm pretty sure he were always unavailable for those type of EL away days under previous managers.

The bottom line is - the team ethos is all beneath him.

I just don't understand why some people don't get it.

Catching up on this thread and the Soldado thread - I'm finding it hard to believe that some people are still defending Adebayor. :confused::eek:Faaaackin ell !!!!!!!!

If you can get 100k a week doing nothing why would you do something.This is the reality and a sad indicment of Ade a talented player but now too wealthy to care.Villa or anyone else would need to up the wages to get him imo.

Yes . The loanee wants a pay rise to go out on loan . In his mind, a deserved pay rise at that.

at the end of the season can we have an award for most likely poster who would be 'most likely sit in a room to try to convince people that this mass murderer is a nice person and has feelings award'.

That would be interesting, nearly as interesting sitting in a room with a poster who can talk about why they want Ade out without the bile and OTT abuse that they throw in his direction.

Im not defending Ade unfortunately it seems impossible to have a debate anymore without being labelled.

My point remains im not sure what benefit having a highly paid striker who has played at a high level, with a reasonable goalscoring record, training with the kids, when we do not have a senior backup striker at the club?

I have no insight what has happened, how well liked or what has happened behind closed doors, its all hearsay. The ACON incident is fact and we should have disciplined and moved him on then. We didnt. However im not sure how the situation at the moment is helping US!!

Im not defending Ade unfortunately it seems impossible to have a debate anymore without being labelled.

My point remains im not sure what benefit having a highly paid striker who has played at a high level, with a reasonable goalscoring record, training with the kids, when we do not have a senior backup striker at the club?

I have no insight what has happened, how well liked or what has happened behind closed doors, its all hearsay. The ACON incident is fact and we should have disciplined and moved him on then. We didnt. However im not sure how the situation at the moment is helping US!!

If it's got to a stage where selecting him undermines the authority of the manager and his coaching staff, would you want it done?

Back