• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Does he need a visa to play here?.

Usually this entails the employer saying he has special skills not likely to be found easily.

Given that we've been playing without him, can we argue that he justifies a visa ?

If you can get 100k a week doing nothing why would you do something.This is the reality and a sad indicment of Ade a talented player but now too wealthy to care.Villa or anyone else would need to up the wages to get him imo.

Does he need a visa to play here?.

Usually this entails the employer saying he has special skills not likely to be found easily.

Given that we've been playing without him, can we argue that he justifies a visa ?

i like your thinking, certainly worth exploring this route

Did a quick search, I think it's a work permit.

I did get an offer from Amazon offering me a low price for him. Perhaps Levy should have got one from them rather than Emirates Marketing Project

Keep him, don't let him have any contact with any of the players or officials but make him work in the stadium on a match day, sell food, programmes, clean the seats and the toilets, make him earn his fudging keep

If you can get 100k a week doing nothing why would you do something.This is the reality and a sad indicment of Ade a talented player but now too wealthy to care.Villa or anyone else would need to up the wages to get him imo.

I think that he wants to play football. He just wants to be paid as much money as he can for doing it and is very difficult to manage.

Keep him, don't let him have any contact with any of the players or officials but make him work in the stadium on a match day, sell food, programmes, clean the seats and the toilets, make him earn his ****ing keep

I know that you are not being serious but that would be constructive dismissal and we'd end up having to pay up his contract and he's be a free agent.

A symptom of football in general now. Was listening to the tail end of something on the radio about football finance the other day and they had a manager on (didn't catch who) but he was basically saying that the problem now is not bringing new players in, but moving old players on because they are on such high wages.

Could be argued that this is a bit of bad management by Poch and could come back to bite him. We dont know what has happened behind the scenes however with soldado with a mystery back injury if Kane did get injured then we could be in a situation where we need to call on Ade. We are paying him 100k a week so we should at least keep him an a emergency option, until we have somebody signed

Actually use him. If we're stuck with him and we don't get a decent striker in, might as well. We're paying him, so make him work for it. How we would use him is another story. Cups/EL to give Harry a rest would be my guess.
Ade's injured for the EL matches this season - didn't you know?

Could be argued that this is a bit of bad management by Poch and could come back to bite him. We dont know what has happened behind the scenes however with soldado with a mystery back injury if Kane did get injured then we could be in a situation where we need to call on Ade. We are paying him 100k a week so we should at least keep him an a emergency option, until we have somebody signed
What are the chances of Ade even bothering to:
a) Be in the country to be picked
b) Turn up to training
c) Not disrupt the rest of the team by publicly disobeying his manager
d) Put some effort into a match if we can miraculously get him onto a pitch

Bear in mind that all 4 have to happen in order to get him onto a pitch and do something for us. Ade gets paid whether he plays or not - I can't see it happening under any manager.

Although I'm seething right now, there are a couple of options, one of which (or maybe both) I'm sure no one here would like:
  1. Actually use him. If we're stuck with him and we don't get a decent striker in, might as well. We're paying him, so make him work for it. How we would use him is another story. Cups/EL to give Harry a rest would be my guess.
I do not believe his heart is in football anymore, if it was he would have chosen to go on loan for a year and then move on a free but he seems to have rejected Villa so what makes you think he will give a flying feck about Spurs?

1. Find a legal way to void the last year of his contract. I don't know if that is even possible. I assume, if it was, we would have done it beginning with last season. But there has to be something in there along the lines "best interests of the club" that a slick lawyer could latch onto to make a case. If I was the chairman, I wouldn't mind spending £10m to get out of paying him £5m, just to teach him a lesson.
Just GO!!

He has not refused to play for us it is Poch that has refused to pick him, so I doubt it is possible.

I think he is simply going to do nothing for a year and continue to pick up £100K a week, easy money

Aston Villa have announced their shirt numbers for the season and nr. 10 is still available...

2mepwus.jpg

Ade's injured for the EL matches this season - didn't you know?

What are the chances of Ade even bothering to:
a) Be in the country to be picked
b) Turn up to training
c) Not disrupt the rest of the team by publicly disobeying his manager
d) Put some effort into a match if we can miraculously get him onto a pitch

Bear in mind that all 4 have to happen in order to get him onto a pitch and do something for us. Ade gets paid whether he plays or not - I can't see it happening under any manager.

It wouldnt be the first time that he would have been booted out of the a squad only to get a phonecall to come back, and on those occasions he did perform
Issue C perhaps you have a point on however id rather have a disruptive striker than no striker at all

It wouldnt be the first time that he would have been booted out of the a squad only to get a phonecall to come back, and on those occasions he did perform
Issue C perhaps you have a point on however id rather have a disruptive striker than no striker at all
He only played well until he'd proved a point. What point does he have to prove now?

From Villa Talk

JoeParker91

Think this will be announced tomorrow or the next day. They have started printing his name on the back of shirts at the Villa shop with the number 10.

Wezbid
How do you know this?
At the request of fans or just printing them ready?

JoeParker91
Getting them ready, started doing it today. A friend works there.

this was at the beginning of the week

I guess those shirts will just have to go in the bin then :)

Back