• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

To be honest if we are to upgrade one part of the team it would be CM for me, we really need someone to strengthen that part of our game. It would be good to have another striker but if our CM is as open next season as it was last then we will still struggle.

Oh my days not this debate again, this took 357 posts to iron out 2 weeks ago...

How many CM's do we need though? 1 top class one or just one more and rotate the youngsters when required?

I would say RWF and the striking position are more lacking in numbers if not in quality than the CM options.

We need one who has a defensive mind set because we have none at the moment, we need someone who is ready to step into the CM and help pick up runners and give the back four some protection which they never had last season.

Photo now doing the rounds on twitter of Adebayor at the Villa training ground!

So close............

It's weird; a (very brief) look around some Aston Villa blogs and boards suggests they are (mostly) very happy with the idea of taking Adebayor. They're confident Sherwood can bring out the best in him.

Has there ever been a transfer where both sets of fans were this happy about it? :)

It's weird; a (very brief) look around some Aston Villa blogs and boards suggests they are (mostly) very happy with the idea of taking Adebayor. They're confident Sherwood can bring out the best in him.

Has there ever been a transfer where both sets of fans were this happy about it? :)
When City sold him to us.

That tells you everything about Ade.

It's like finding out your ex-wife is getting married, you know the poor bastard is in for a rough ride but to be fair you are just glad to get rid.

The tweeter is a Yid LOL..hence the glee.
I know. But the Villa fans are, by-and-large, pretty happy about it (if the Villatalk forum and a couple of blogs is anything to go by). Obviously it's not unanimous and there are plenty of them against the transfer, but quite a large majority think he'll come good for them.

I know. But the Villa fans are, by-and-large, pretty happy about it (if the Villatalk forum and a couple of blogs is anything to go by). Obviously it's not unanimous and there are plenty of them against the transfer, but quite a large majority think he'll come good for them.

They're in that phase where they're happy to support the manager and be patient. That lasts until their first poor run I reckon. Everton fans have moved on to the next stage where there has to be some serious improvement and learning from past mistakes (un-fudging-likely)

Desperately hoping this isn't some kind of ruse where some bloke with a really tall mate who dresses like a **** has just put Villa logos all over the local community swimming pool.

The logos appear to be on that clothes rack. The tiling is about as bad I'd expect Villa's facilities to look like.

Back