• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Did Villa play 4-4-2 last season?.... It didn't look like it to me in their game against us?... I could be wrong here but I don't really remember us playing 4-4-2 in the 6 months when Sherwood managed us either?

Difficult to play 4-4-2 when your second best striker is Libor Kozak :D

But you have a point. I think he flitted in and our of 4-4-2 when he managed us, although I can't remember all too clearly.

But you have a point. I think he flitted in and our of 4-4-2 when he managed us, although I can't remember all too clearly.

We played 442 in his first 6 games then back to 4231 for the remainder

We played 442 in his first 6 games then back to 4231 for the remainder
Yeah - that's kind of how I remember it too.... Soldado and Adebayor played those initial games (although even then it seemed that Soldado was dropping off a lot more) until Sherwood realised that he was flogging a dead horse by playing Soldado and replaced him with a more suitable option.

It's more convenient for some agendas to just call Sherwood a "4-4-2 merchant" however (also ignoring the fact that none of our development squads played that system under Tim).

Reactions: DTA
I'm sure we played 4-4-2 more than that? Perhaps not as a starting formation, but we switched to it later on in games didn't we?

Regardless, Villa need two strikers!

(also ignoring the fact that none of our development squads played that system under Tim).
I'm pretty sure that whoever is in charge of loaning players to Swindon now doesn't get to choose what formation they play either.

Neither does whoever makes 'Arry Redknapp's tea now, I suspect.

Kozak broke his leg and missed most of the season.

SWANSEA will move for Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor if they lose Bafetimbi Gomis to Dubai-based Al Ahli.

That would put them in competition with Aston Villa for Adebayor, 31.

Swansea are desperate to keep France international Gomis, who has an £8million buy-out clause in his contract.

Manager Garry Monk has already lost one key striker this year, when Wilfried Bony moved toEmirates Marketing Project for £25m.

Swansea are hopeful that Gomis, 29, will stay but have lined up Adebayor as a contingency plan.

Adebayor is available from White Hart Lane for £5m.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/455901/Swansea-Arsenal-Tottenham-striker-Emmanuel-Adebayor

SWANSEA will move for Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor if they lose Bafetimbi Gomis to Dubai-based Al Ahli.

That would put them in competition with Aston Villa for Adebayor, 31.

Swansea are desperate to keep France international Gomis, who has an £8million buy-out clause in his contract.

Manager Garry Monk has already lost one key striker this year, when Wilfried Bony moved toEmirates Marketing Project for £25m.

Swansea are hopeful that Gomis, 29, will stay but have lined up Adebayor as a contingency plan.

Adebayor is available from White Hart Lane for £5m.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/455901/Swansea-Arsenal-Tottenham-striker-Emmanuel-Adebayor

I am sure that 5m is the money we need to pay other clubs to sign him from us !
Frankly, who will pay any money to buy Adebayor ? He has a shyte attitude, in shyte form, seldom scores goals and more importantly has not played much for 1 year.

I am sure that 5m is the money we need to pay other clubs to sign him from us !
Frankly, who will pay any money to buy Adebayor ? He has a shyte attitude, in shyte form, seldom scores goals and more importantly has not played much for 1 year.

5m is the money in his pocket.
We want rid, we have to buy him out ( sure that was quoted as 5m).
We loan him out for 5m and cover his wages - he gets his money, we get him out, other club gets a player on a one year deal.
Alternatively, he stays and still gets his 5m.

He may be a money grabbing bell end - but you have to respect how good he is at it.

5m is the money in his pocket.
We want rid, we have to buy him out ( sure that was quoted as 5m).
We loan him out for 5m and cover his wages - he gets his money, we get him out, other club gets a player on a one year deal.
Alternatively, he stays and still gets his 5m.

He may be a money grabbing bell end - but you have to respect how good he is at it.

More likely scenario would be for a club to take him on a year's loan and pay him 50 - 60K with a loan fee of around 2 mill, which we then use to top up his wages to his current level. Means we get rid of him for free but save 4 to 4.5 mill in his wages.

the Swansea link is weird, i dont see him there under at all, Monk would never tolerate Ade and his many faces. I think Levy as had a word with his mate Jenkins to make up some fictitious interest simply to hurry Villa into completing a deal for Ade

the Swansea link is weird, i dont see him there under at all, Monk would never tolerate Ade and his many faces. I think Levy as had a word with his mate Jenkins to make up some fictitious interest simply to hurry Villa into completing a deal for Ade

Which is IMO 90% of the brick on the internet and media these days, clubs helping other clubs move there brick.

Back