• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

:ross:

To end the off, off topic speculation. I'm ethnically Norwegian/Scandinavian/Northern European something or another.

thats what i thought. Why would that be surprise

and you are only JUST better than the scum of the earth ;)

* Changed that in light of whats happened in pakistan*

Which cultural and religious beliefs were used to justify expansionism within shamanistic cultures? Can I now imply a connection between those beliefs and yours?

Elitist is a word with a lot of connotations that I'm not entirely comfortable branding towards others. Doing so, if you don't mind, seems a bit elitist. ;)

But I do believe that my opinions on some things are superior to the opinions of others, define that as elitist if you will, no sweat off my back. If I didn't think my opinions were the better one's I would change my ****ing mind. It seems, much like me, you think your way of looking at these things is better than mine. It would surprise me a lot if you would bother discussing these issues with such conviction if you thought our viewpoints were equally valid.

I want to point one thing out. My 'elitist attitudes' on issues like these are not only aimed outwards towards other cultures and religions as you seem to be implying based on my opinion on one isolated issue.

I have plenty of problems with western culture. I have even more problems with western religions. I have freely spoken my mind on this relatively frequently on this board, primarily over in random. As recently as in this thread I ridiculed homeopathy, a system of alternative medicine originating in the west and still most widespread in the west. Related to that, almost by necessity, there are things in other cultures I not only respect, but wish would become more widespread within "western culture".

Elitism... We covered that. You were not offended, cool. My faith is my faith, my cultural religious background although interrelated is not synomous, so I fail to see the point of trying to establish a connection on something you know nothing about (ie my faith) and the issue of colonialism being influenced by faith.... It was more to do with money power and control, then faith and religion, religious justiclfication of colonalism or neo colonialism is no better than scientific racisms supossed justifications. Religious justification of such acts as scientific racisms' are merely tools to defend the indefensible acts, I have no time for both.

But now I am going off on a tangent on something which already is way off topic ;)

My point is you know nothing of juju (neither do I to be honest), but because of years of discourse have led to hegemonic thinking that west is best and everything else is inferior (in some way or the other) and therefore a justified a source of amusement for the west supposed superior intellects and cultural norms. You feel it is OK to belittle a part of a culture you know nothing about. Whether you realise it or not this very much is the legacy of so called 'scientific racism' and orientalism within our culture today and within our somewhat collective consciousness.

Discourses once they become hegonomic, stick around for many many generations.... Why do the British have a tongue in cheek 'hatred' for the French?

Defunct discourse evolve into sterio types and prejudices.

Elitism... We covered that. You were not offended, cool. 1. My faith is my faith, my cultural religious background although interrelated is not synomous, so I fail to see the point of trying to establish a connection on something you know nothing about (ie my faith) and the issue of colonialism being influenced by faith.... It was more to do with money power and control, then faith and religion, religious justiclfication of colonalism or neo colonialism is no better than scientific racisms supossed justifications. Religious justification of such acts as scientific racisms' are merely tools to defend the indefensible acts, I have no time for both.

But now I am going off on a tangent on something which already is way off topic ;)

2. My point is you know nothing of juju (neither do I to be honest), but because of years of discourse have led to hegemonic thinking that west is best and everything else is inferior (in some way or the other) and therefore a justified a source of amusement for the west supposed superior intellects and cultural norms. You feel it is OK to belittle a part of a culture you know nothing about. Whether you realise it or not this very much is the legacy of so called 'scientific racism' and orientalism within our culture today and within our somewhat collective consciousness.

Discourses once they become hegonomic, stick around for many many generations.... Why do the British have a tongue in cheek 'hatred' for the French?

Defunct discourse evolve into sterio types and prejudices.

1. I was making a comparison between what you said and this, which was obviously not a valid argument. I thought that much was clear.

Although supposedly based on science, the claims used to justify colonialism has since been shown to be false by... science. You claiming a connection between those early beliefs and mine (and scara's) based on me being a strong supporter of science and rationality is as silly as me claiming what I did. This was the point I was trying to make, but I suppose I could have been more explicitly clear.

And not all those claiming trying to claim a scientific basis were actually based on proper science. See phrenology if you want an example.

2. On those issues where I think "the west is best" I have reasons for believing that. It's not just based on hegemonic thinking just because you claim it is. I actually require some evidence for my beliefs, I don't just accept beliefs on the basis of authority and culture. I've obviously been wrong plenty of times and will continue to be, but not in the way you're claiming.

Science and the enlightenment has done a lot to combat racism. I don't think it's possible to know, but I'm guessing it's done a lot more than shamanism.

How much do you know about prejudices and how they form?

1. I was making a comparison between what you said and this, which was obviously not a valid argument. I thought that much was clear.

Although supposedly based on science, the claims used to justify colonialism has since been shown to be false by... science. You claiming a connection between those early beliefs and mine (and scara's) based on me being a strong supporter of science and rationality is as silly as me claiming what I did. This was the point I was trying to make, but I suppose I could have been more explicitly clear.

And not all those claiming trying to claim a scientific basis were actually based on proper science. See phrenology if you want an example.

2. On those issues where I think "the west is best" I have reasons for believing that. It's not just based on hegemonic thinking just because you claim it is. I actually require some evidence for my beliefs, I don't just accept beliefs on the basis of authority and culture. I've obviously been wrong plenty of times and will continue to be, but not in the way you're claiming.

Science and the enlightenment has done a lot to combat racism. I don't think it's possible to know, but I'm guessing it's done a lot more than shamanism.

How much do you know about prejudices and how they form?

1. OK cool we agree.

2. You seem to think that I am in someway anti science... Hell no. I am just smart (debatable i know ;) and humble enough to realise that scientific thinking is continually evolving and what we take as fact today will seem as absurd as flat earth theory does to us in a 100 years time. Flat earth theory was 'science' and based on supposed 'proof' at one time.

But this is yet another tagent.

Riddle me this:
You say your beliefs are based on evidence. Yet you belittle a part of a culture that you readily admit you know next to nothing about.... What's with that?

As for your last point, I'm no expert. But am reasonably well read, and not with outbsome intersect... So if you want to dance I'm for you?

Can anybody spot the two film references and one Shakespearean in what I wrote?

Alan Brazil on radio this morning said that he has been told that if Adebayor is still at the club end of January the manager will walk. Pinch of salt etc..

What tripe Brazil!
Poch knows the deal and knows all the angles.
Nothing is easy.

by the way, nice to see Ade stimulating some heady conversation...

This comes down to: are you an expert on the subject? If not who are you to say the belief is silly. I have a very limited understanding of what juju is, why would I mock it.

I think this conversation should be pulled out of this thread ..

Re understanding juju, I do and you don't need a good grasp of the concept to get its bs This is the singular best argument against these religion/belief/etc -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

synopsis: it's obvious its bull****, but its no less/more believable than anyone else's made up ****.

This.

How much of an expert does one need to be in order to know it's tripe? I know it's based on woo and superstition. I know Ade believes that his mother can somehow project bad juju at him (I still haven't had an answer on the delivery method of this - can you send it in the post?), and that this projected juju is what's making him forget to play football. I know that its effects cannot be demonstrated under controlled conditions to exist.

That's more than enough for my ridicule. Just as much as praying to some GHod that coincidentally seems to spend most of his time killing baby Africans and Pakistani children.

1. OK cool we agree.

2. You seem to think that I am in someway anti science... Hell no. I am just smart (debatable i know ;) and humble enough to realise that scientific thinking is continually evolving and what we take as fact today will seem as absurd as flat earth theory does to us in a 100 years time. Flat earth theory was 'science' and based on supposed 'proof' at one time.

But this is yet another tagent.

Riddle me this:
You say your beliefs are based on evidence. Yet you belittle a part of a culture that you readily admit you know next to nothing about.... What's with that?

As for your last point, I'm no expert. But am reasonably well read, and not with outbsome intersect... So if you want to dance I'm for you?

Can anybody spot the two film references and one Shakespearean in what I wrote?

I'm sorry, but can you name the supposed science and scientists supporting flat earth back in the day? I think we might have a different definition of what science is.

Yes there will be changes in scientific thinking over the coming century. But when was the last scientific paradigm shift comparable to the flat earth - spherical earth shift (your example, not mine)? Most relatively recent changes in scientific thinking have been much more specific, usually building on previous scientific work, and often answering questions that we knew were unknown. When there have been paradigm shifts they have usually modified existing theories, and only rarely been entirely new thinking.

As for you riddle. What I do know, based on the evidence available to me, is that no convincing evidence has been put forward for anything supernatural. "Bad juju" seems to me undeniably to be supernatural. How much further do I have to go into my investigation before I can conclude that this not worth believing in?

Not looking for a dance. I'm aware that there's been significant research into prejudice. It's definitely interesting, but an area haven't sat down and properly looked into. Just wondering if you had and if you wouldn't mind expanding on your claims if it was an area you were comfortable in.

Do you want him to still be here come February 3rd?

Do you want Adebayor to still be here come February 3rd?

no what if.. Only if third options here.

Guys.. The vote was not moved as you did not allow time for me to complete it :lol:

so lets try again!

Last edited:

no what if.. only if third options here.

Re: Do you want Adebayor to still be here come February 3rd?

Chances are we won't be able to sign a suitable replacement. Pragmatically therefore yes I would prefer him to stay. He form is streaky but if he hits a purple patch then why would we want rid before we have a replacement?

Yes even if we sign another striker we will need him for depth and clearly we can't count on Soldado

I never wanted him either but his first season with us truly made me eat my words - he was great in 11/12 and it's such a shame he never managed to repeat that level of performance consistently once he made his move permanent.

I don't really hold anything against him, but i think it's clear that it's time for us to part ways.

I never wanted him either but his first season with us truly made me eat my words - he was great in 11/12 and it's such a shame he never managed to repeat that level of performance consistently once he made his move permanent.

I don't really hold anything against him, but i think it's clear that it's time for us to part ways.

This for me, although I was happy about getting him in the first place.

Yes even if we sign another striker we will need him for depth and clearly we can't count on Soldado

Adebayor relegated to a squad/depth player with him and us knowing that he'll be gone in the summer anyway when his contract runs out.

I would rather have Chadli/Lamela/Dembele as a third choice striker than that situation.

Had anyone seen his tweet?

What an absolute ****. He knew exactly what he was doing posting that. The guy is a cancer that needs rid of. Whether that's selling or throwing into the ocean attached to some bricks.

Back