• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

This is why I find myself defending a player I don't even like. Look you can say this year he has been poor (along with others we should be relying on for goals tbh)

However to call him a complete failure just shows yor complete hatred of someone for a variety of other pre-conceived ideas and prejudices.

According to wikipedia he has scored 35 prem goals in 88 appearances. Hardly a ''disaster'. Also I read he has over 25 assists in that time.' His record has been good.

Yes he isn't perfect and is a frustrating, enigmatic player - much like many others in world football..... If he wasn't then he wouldn't be playing for us. He cost 5million pounds and is on 100k a week paid by us - 5 million quid for someone with the best goal ratio for the club in 22 years and people hate him?? It stinks tbh. Look at some of our other signgings and the amount they are costing us for minimal return.

He has been poor this year but last season and even in the first year a lot of people went silent and came out attacking him as soon as he put in some average performances. 'He had a few good games when he first came into team and then was ****' is something I heard trotted out last year. My word I watched every game and he carried us at various points.

When we talk about wastes of money, not contributing, not working hard for the team then there are a fair few to put in front of the firing squad first

Who is it that haven't been contributing and haven't been working hard for the team that have been getting an easy ride on here and not gotten a lot of flak?

Speaking at a press conference, Pochettino replied when asked about his relationship with Adebayor: "My relationship with Emmanuel is good. I was a player and I understand players. After the internationals he came back with a back problem and after that there was a virus. I spoke to him today at training and he is not ready to play. He feels weak. Maybe in the next games he will be ready to help the team."

Perhaps people can let this itk stuff about bustups just rest now. If there has been a bustup, then Poch is handling it well. If there hasn't, then just take what he says at face value and hope that Adebayor can be of some use, coz we can't run young Harry into the ground every single game across all the competitions.

the criticism is more than valid, it would be one thing If he was getting stick for not performing to the level of Cristiano Ronaldo, but Adebayor is getting stick because he's not performing to the level of Emmanuel Adebayor

Perhaps people can let this itk stuff about bustups just rest now. If there has been a bustup, then Poch is handling it well. If there hasn't, then just take what he says at face value and hope that Adebayor can be of some use, coz we can't run young Harry into the ground every single game across all the competitions.

Well, if there has been a bustup I think it increases the chances that we make a move in January. I agree, we can't just run Kane into the ground, or let him run himself into the ground every game because with his attitude he probably will.

This is why I find myself defending a player I don't even like. Look you can say this year he has been poor (along with others we should be relying on for goals tbh)

However to call him a complete failure just shows yor complete hatred of someone for a variety of other pre-conceived ideas and prejudices.

According to wikipedia he has scored 35 prem goals in 88 appearances. Hardly a ''disaster'. Also I read he has over 25 assists in that time.' His record has been good.

Yes he isn't perfect and is a frustrating, enigmatic player - much like many others in world football..... If he wasn't then he wouldn't be playing for us. He cost 5million pounds and is on 100k a week paid by us - 5 million quid for someone with the best goal ratio for the club in 22 years and people hate him?? It stinks tbh. Look at some of our other signgings and the amount they are costing us for minimal return.

He has been poor this year but last season and even in the first year a lot of people went silent and came out attacking him as soon as he put in some average performances. 'He had a few good games when he first came into team and then was ****' is something I heard trotted out last year. My word I watched every game and he carried us at various points.

When we talk about wastes of money, not contributing, not working hard for the team then there are a fair few to put in front of the firing squad first

For a start I do not hate him which is a ridiculous thing to say, I question his comittment to the cause, he is never fecking available for selection for a start, I dont give a monkey about his personal problems which seem never ending I want to see him on the pitch playing for my club.

He's cost us 5m plus 12m in wages since we bought him. He's scored 17 league goals in that time. 1m per goal. Now he didn't feel like playing because of no self confidence due to 'bad juju'

He's handling the same way as AVB did. Adebayor had a groin injury this time last year until Sherwood took over.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

We can confirm that Emmanuel Adebayor has been given permission to return home for personal reasons.
This is a private matter and so we will not be providing any further comment.

Hope he sorts himself out. Personally, I hope to never see him in a THFC shirt again but the opening sentence still stands.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

We can confirm that Emmanuel Adebayor has been given permission to return home for personal reasons.
This is a private matter and so we will not be providing any further comment.

Gets him away from the club I guess. Wonder if this means we will sign a striker in Jan, knowing us probably not.

Dont understand posters being happy he's away. I prefer Soldado to Ade, but unless we invest properly in the January window he's an option we need to have - at the moment its a misfiring Soldado or Kane who isnt really a lead the line striker. Forgetting about football issues, I hope he sorts himself out as theres clearly something not right at the moment....

Dont understand posters being happy he's away. I prefer Soldado to Ade, but unless we invest properly in the January window he's an option we need to have - at the moment its a misfiring Soldado or Kane who isnt really a lead the line striker. Forgetting about football issues, I hope he sorts himself out as theres clearly something not right at the moment....

The upside might be that it forces Levy's hand in this upcoming window and we go in for a new striker.

What ever his problems are we need him in the sqaud in the right frame of mind ASAP otherwise our goal difference will be embarrassing!

Back