• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

A definite purchase, I'd assume that Levy would have put a buy clause in place when he originally arrived. BUT we will also need some competition for him, I feel that even though he is our best striker, hes rested on his laurels a bit at times knowing that he's akways going to start when fit due to the lack if other options we had up front this season

Im sure I read ?ú12m

unfortunately can we afford a more talented one, actually we cant even afford Adebayor:D

Adebayor has his wages inflated beyond all reality by having played for Emirates Marketing Project. They paid Wayne Bridge 95k a week remember.
There's much better strikers hiding in Europe who would play for half his wages.

Would like him to sign but I don't think he will be our first 100k+ pw player.

That will be Modric if he signs a new deal

Adebayor has his wages inflated beyond all reality by having played for Emirates Marketing Project. They paid Wayne Bridge 95k a week remember.
There's much better strikers hiding in Europe who would play for half his wages.

1, they are hiding so Redknapp and Spurs will never find them

2, the ones that have been found are already at other clubs

ultimately, we are fcuked

A great addition to the team. If he can up his strike rate hexane be world class. Big if, but he worked his socks off. Glad he was here.

Whats amazing, is that he comes with great stats at the end of the season, but there has been many games where he was not involved.

If he improved his finishing, he would be amazing.

Is there a target/link man who is a) better than Ade and (b) gettable? I'm not sure I can think of one

If we can afford it, and he accepts a pay cut, then of course we should buy him! He's the best striker we have, despite all his misses Ade has had a very good season.

Plus, he is settled, he is proven PL quality, and there is no way we will attract two strikers better than him anyway.

Buy Ade plus another quality striker, and Id be happy.

He must surely realise the reason he's on 170k and that he can't demand that if he leaves the lottery winners?

If we can afford it, and he accepts a pay cut, then of course we should buy him! He's the best striker we have, despite all his misses Ade has had a very good season.

Plus, he is settled, he is proven PL quality, and there is no way we will attract two strikers better than him anyway.

Buy Ade plus another quality striker, and Id be happy.

I agree. If we can get him to agree a pay cut, then we should definitely sign him. It all depends on whether he wants to play in a top league or bank a load of money.

A fantastic signing, along with Fridel and Parker, a big reason why we were in the top four and not the bottom 16.

I would rather pay the 100k a week we shelled out for Adebayor than the equivalent amount in joint wages to Keane and Pavlyuchenko for the past two seasons. He did all the running that Keane would point and shout at others to do, and Pav wouldn't even think of doing.

If he will take a pay cut then I'd take him in a heartbeat. Same goes to an identical loan spell. He's not a ?ú170k a week striker, and so no one will buy him off City for that amount. I don't think we should shatter our pay structure, though it may be the time to push it a little further but be sensible. However, City may well see us as a genuine threat next season (hopefully for the CL as well as the league) and it is quite possible they will refuse to loan him to us again.

Surprised there is no thread for him.

Lack of first touch, and poor chance conversion aside, the guy has had an excellent season for us.

He deserves an awful lot of credit too for joining us, considering his arsenal roots and the abuse we gave him for so many years.

He certainly gained my respect this year, wherever he chooses to go, and id love him here permanently...

This...........

Back